Dry Skin Brushing

Options
janiedoe111
janiedoe111 Posts: 161 Member
Anyone tried this? Major successes? No change?

Replies

• neenaj33
    neenaj33 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it for a week, I notice im alot softer
  • janiedoe111
    Options
    I too have seen that. I have been told two different techniques one that has you brush towards your heart in long sweeping motions and the other utilizes circular motions moving towards your heart. Which method are you using?
  • KEN1013
    KEN1013 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    :huh: what is this????
  • JodyGirl29
    JodyGirl29 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Anyone tried this? Major successes? No change?

I've never heard of this. What do you do? I have very
    dry skin.
  • janiedoe111
    Options
    It is important to exfoliate the skin as it is largest organ in the body and the skin helps us process many of the environments we experience each day. Many regular dry skin brush-ers swear by it's positive benefits.

How to Get Started With Your Skin Brushing Regimen:

1. Purchase a natural, NOT a synthetic, bristle brush. (vegetable bristle)

2. Purchase a brush with a long handle, so that you are able to reach all areas of your body. Best-case scenario would be one that had a removable head with a strap for your hand.

3. Skin brushing should be performed once a day, preferably first thing in the morning. If you are feeling ill, please do it twice a day until you feel better.

4. Skin brushing should be performed prior to your bath or shower and your body dry and naked.

5. Begin brushing your skin in long sweeping strokes starting from the bottom of your feet upwards, and from the hands towards the shoulders, and on the torso in an upward direction. Always brush towards the heart. Try and brush several times in each area, over-lapping as you go.

6. Avoid sensitive areas and anywhere the skin is broken.
    skin brush

7. After brushing your skin, rinse off in the shower. Paavo Airola, author of Swedish Beauty Secrets, recommends alternating temperatures in the shower from hot to cold. This will further invigorate the skin and stimulate blood circulation, bring more blood to the outer layers of the skin.

8. After getting out of the shower, dry off vigorously and massage your skin with pure plant oil, such as almond, jojoba, sesame or coconut. We like to use a small amount of Euro Organic Oil which is a blend of sunflower, almond, apricot, avocado, and jojoba oils.

9. Don’t forget to clean your skin brush using soap and water once a week. After rinsing, dry your skin brush in an open, sunny spot to prevent mildew.

10. For a thorough lymphatic cleansing, perform skin brushing daily for a minimum of three months.
  • JodyGirl29
    JodyGirl29 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    It is important to exfoliate the skin as it is largest organ in the body and the skin helps us process many of the environments we experience each day. Many regular dry skin brush-ers swear by it's positive benefits.

How to Get Started With Your Skin Brushing Regimen:

1. Purchase a natural, NOT a synthetic, bristle brush. (vegetable bristle)

2. Purchase a brush with a long handle, so that you are able to reach all areas of your body. Best-case scenario would be one that had a removable head with a strap for your hand.

3. Skin brushing should be performed once a day, preferably first thing in the morning. If you are feeling ill, please do it twice a day until you feel better.

4. Skin brushing should be performed prior to your bath or shower and your body dry and naked.

5. Begin brushing your skin in long sweeping strokes starting from the bottom of your feet upwards, and from the hands towards the shoulders, and on the torso in an upward direction. Always brush towards the heart. Try and brush several times in each area, over-lapping as you go.

Sounds complicated to me, but what do I know? Hahahaha

6. Avoid sensitive areas and anywhere the skin is broken.
    skin brush

7. After brushing your skin, rinse off in the shower. Paavo Airola, author of Swedish Beauty Secrets, recommends alternating temperatures in the shower from hot to cold. This will further invigorate the skin and stimulate blood circulation, bring more blood to the outer layers of the skin.

8. After getting out of the shower, dry off vigorously and massage your skin with pure plant oil, such as almond, jojoba, sesame or coconut. We like to use a small amount of Euro Organic Oil which is a blend of sunflower, almond, apricot, avocado, and jojoba oils.

9. Don’t forget to clean your skin brush using soap and water once a week. After rinsing, dry your skin brush in an open, sunny spot to prevent mildew.

10. For a thorough lymphatic cleansing, perform skin brushing daily for a minimum of three months.