Cain, Did he do it? Does it matter now? Does anyone care?

Options
Grimmerick
Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
Herman Cain, Did he sexually harass those women or is it just a ploy to take him out of the running? If so why are they *****ing so many years later and trying to sue for a **** load of money? Sounds suspicious to me........discuss or argue it's groups so whatever you want :)

Replies

• iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    The evidence points to him doing it, and yes, it is a ploy to take him out of the running. That is after all, what politics is all about. All of them have skeletons in their closets, but the ones who can keep it hidden comes out ahead. I am sure even Rick Perry has a few, but time itself will tell if they can be contained.
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    If we wait until candidates without skeletons are found, it'll be a cold day in hell before we have another election!
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    I will vote for the first politician that comes out and says, I smoke pot, Sleep with random women like a rock star, I make way too much money, but I am still a ethical person when it comes to my job and I know what I am doing and do it well. That guy will get my vote
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    I will vote for the first politician that comes out and says, I smoke pot, Sleep with random women like a rock star, I make way too much money, but I am still a ethical person when it comes to my job and I know what I am doing and do it well. That guy will get my vote

Sounds like a plan!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Harassment is a gray line. I think the ladies that are honoring the confidentiality clauses may or may not have had a legitimate claim to sexual harassment. That women that came out yesterday... she is just lying!

And, yes, they are trying to dig up some dirt from his past because he is a viable candidate for the White House. If you have ever listened to this man's talk show, you would know that he knows what he is talking about.
  • mikajoanow
    mikajoanow Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Harassment is a gray line. I think the ladies that are honoring the confidentiality clauses may or may not have had a legitimate claim to sexual harassment. That women that came out yesterday... she is just lying!

And, yes, they are trying to dig up some dirt from his past because he is a viable candidate for the White House. If you have ever listened to this man's talk show, you would know that he knows what he is talking about.
    So they paid them a years wages for nothing?
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    He did it. And I dont care.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options

I used to work in HR and dealt with a number of sexual harassment situations. It is not uncommon at all for a company or organization to pay off someone who claims sexual harassment against an upper level executive. It is considered cheaper than dealing with the fall out and the effect on the bottom line with shareholders especially. The case of the women who sign off on confidentiality agreements, we will just never know. This new chick seems like an opportunist to me.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

I used to work in HR and dealt with a number of sexual harassment situations. It is not uncommon at all for a company or organization to pay off someone who claims sexual harassment against an upper level executive. It is considered cheaper than dealing with the fall out and the effect on the bottom line with shareholders especially. The case of the women who sign off on confidentiality agreements, we will just never know. This new chick seems like an opportunist to me.

This /\
  • mikajoanow
    Options

I do not see what is so special about him as to why they would continue to pay off women for him. And even if they do pay to keep it from going further doesn't mean that their claims had no validity.

I don't know if the new chick is an opportunist or not. If I was in her exact shoes, I might come forward. If what she says is true, that is assault. And her being a registered Republican I wouldn't want a man like that representing my party. I guess time will tell what kind of woman she is.
  • mikajoanow
    Options
    I think he did it too. What the woman said yesterday is sexual assault. Which makes me care.

I think it also matters in the cases of politicians who want to take away reproductive rights from women and who want to prevent equality for people in the gay and lesbian community. I think its important to point out the hypocrisy.
    :)
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options

I do not see what is so special about him as to why they would continue to pay off women for him. And even if they do pay to keep it from going further doesn't mean that they claims had no validity.

I don't know if the new chick is an opportunist or not. If I was in her exact shoes, I might come forward. If what she says is true, that is assault. And her being a registered Republican I wouldn't want a man like that representing my party. I guess time will tell what kind of woman she is.

He was the President/CEO of the National Restaurant group when this occured and he had previously been the President/CEO of Godfather Pizza. A company or organization will almost always protect its most expensive commodity, ie: it's exec. They are paid a ton, they have huge contracts and they are not easy to replace. It is cheaper to pay off someone then to replace the exec. Plus if something like this gets out your stock tanks and will take other similar stocks with it on the way down. Again, it is cheaper to pay off someone then to deal with a huge lose of revenue. Most of the women who where paid off only made in the $50, 000 range. I am not saying this is right. I am just trying to explain why a company/organization does these things.

I might be more likely to believe this new gal, if this accusation had happened this decade and if Gloria Allred was not standing directly to her left. Highly suspect.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    I think he did it too. What the woman said yesterday is sexual assault. Which makes me care.

I think it also matters in the cases of politicians who want to take away reproductive rights from women and who want to prevent equality for people in the gay and lesbian community. I think its important to point out the hypocrisy.
    :)

You know, I am an independent. I believe in pro-choice and I want equality for my LGBT friends, BUT from a fiscal standpoint, my views are entirely Republican. As an independent, I have to vote based on the platform that I believe is the most detrimentally important to the nation as a whole for this time period. I believe that issue is unequivocably the economy. Therefore, I'm going to support the candidate that makes the most sense about how to direct our nation's economy. The candidate's individual beliefs, whether they be hypocritical or not, are not a concern to me. Ensuring that women who want abortions can afford them and that my LGBT friends can keep their homes or pay their medical expenses... that is the issue that is most important to me, and the standpoint that I am voting from.
  • mikajoanow
    Options

The candidate's individual beliefs, whether they be hypocritical or not, are not a concern to me.

The next POTUS will more than likely be able to appoint the next SC Justice. If someone can not keep their hands to themselves (especially when it is unwanted) yet they want to dictate what I can do with my body, they have no business being in any kind of power position over the electorate imo.

I'll skip over the rest because I would go too far OT and I'll save it for another thread ;)
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

The candidate's individual beliefs, whether they be hypocritical or not, are not a concern to me.

The next POTUS will more than likely be able to appoint the next SC Justice. If someone can not keep their hands to themselves (especially when it is unwanted) yet they want to dictate what I can do with my body, they have no business being in any kind of power position over the electorate imo.

I'll skip over the rest because I would go too far OT and I'll save it for another thread ;)

True. But you don't know that these allegations are true. You don't know that this lady yesterday isn't just looking to cash in on 15 minutes of fame. You can't honestly tell me that you take everything you hear at face value.
  • mikajoanow
    Options

True. But you don't know that these allegations are true. You don't know that this lady yesterday isn't just looking to cash in on 15 minutes of fame. You can't honestly tell me that you take everything you hear at face value.

I think the women who slept with Tiger Woods were trying to cash in on their 15 minutes of fame. I still think he slept with them though. I think four women coming out (in one way or another) to say that this man was grossly out of line is more than a coincidence.
    Not that it matters. I think Herman Cain has about as much shot at getting to run in the General Election as I do.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

I think the women who slept with Tiger Woods were trying to cash in on their 15 minutes of fame. I still think he slept with them though. I think four women coming out (in one way or another) to say that this man was grossly out of line is more than a coincidence.
    Not that it matters. I think Herman Cain has about as much shot at getting to run in the General Election as I do.

But only one of those women came out (that lady yesterday). The others were discovered after journalists poured through the NRA's records and discovered these settlements. Those women didn't come forward. They were brought forward by the media, and that chick yesterday, suddenly wanted to file a lawsuit for something that happened 15 years ago, but it didn't seem to bother her at the time.
  • mikajoanow
    Options

But only one of those women came out (that lady yesterday). The others were discovered after journalists poured through the NRA's records and discovered these settlements. Those women didn't come forward. They were brought forward by the media, and that chick yesterday, suddenly wanted to file a lawsuit for something that happened 15 years ago, but it didn't seem to bother her at the time.
    I don't know exactly how all of this was brought out in the media. But these women did complain at one point or another. But then again, Cain wouldn't know that would he? He didn't even know they were paid off. *rolleyes* This guy is way out of his league.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

I don't know exactly how all of this was brought out in the media. But these women did complain at one point or another. But then again, Cain wouldn't know that would he? He didn't even know they were paid off. *rolleyes* This guy is way out of his league.

And you think that it is not possible, in a position of power, that someone could make a false complaint against another individual just to get the pay off. As the previous poster stated, very often companies just simply pay the settlement to avoid the costs of defending a top official. I'm not even certain that the NRA investigated the initial claims.
  • mikajoanow
    Options

And you think that it is not possible, in a position of power, that someone could make a false complaint against another individual just to get the pay off. As the previous poster stated, very often companies just simply pay the settlement to avoid the costs of defending a top official. I'm not even certain that the NRA investigated the initial claims.

Of course it is possible. But I find it highly unlikely that all of these claims are false. Not to mention, all of these other men who are running have been in positions of power but they don't have women crawling out of the woodwork to falsely accuse them. I don't think its quite as easy as pointing a finger and getting a big payout, no questions asked.