Introductions

Options
Matttdvg
Matttdvg Posts: 133 Member
Hi, I'm Matt and I support Sunderland in the English Premier League. I like to follow Athletic Club Bilbao in La Liga too. I'm around 360lb and have a lot of weight to lose. feel free to use this group to talk about our favourite sport and our weight loss efforts. Introduce yourself to everyone in this thread.

Replies

• bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Yay! I'm Rachel. I'm one of those rare American girls who actually likes the Beautiful Game :smile:

AS Roma, New England Revolution (yes, MLS), and Arsenal here.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Hi, i'm MA. i'm another of the rare breed - an American Footie fan who happens to be a chick. DC United... i love you... why you make me cry?
  • bregalad5
    Options
    DC United... i love you... why you make me cry?

My roommie is a DC fan... at least you have Najar and I have Fagundez. They're about the only bright spots for us
  • iHEARTcardiacnurses
    Options
    CHELSEAAAAAA :D
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options

My roommie is a DC fan... at least you have Najar and I have Fagundez. They're about the only bright spots for us

yeah, but after the last two seasons, that's not as bright as it used to be. the really sad part is that a lot of the fans in my area have switched to Union supporters b/c we're just as close to Philly. So the team is losing and the supporters are jumping ship. so sad.
  • bregalad5
    Options

yeah, but after the last two seasons, that's not as bright as it used to be. the really sad part is that a lot of the fans in my area have switched to Union supporters b/c we're just as close to Philly. So the team is losing and the supporters are jumping ship. so sad.

I joke that I'm going to jump ship and become a Sounders fan, but I won't. They're just kind of like a second team for me. Revs fans are super loyal... you have to be since they're perennial losers :sad:
  • Soccer_Chick
    Soccer_Chick Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I'm checking in from Southern California. I play indoor and outdoor soccer. My position is keeper (goalie). Right now I play on Thursday nights and Sunday mornings.

I am a Barcelona fan, but love to watch all the European leagues!
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm Audra and I was introduced to soccer when i was in 10th grade in high school. I played throughout college for the University of Central Arkansas as they started a girls team...we weren't all that good, but I had a lot of fun. I haven't actually played in years but I will always be a strong supporter of the sport and I love it. I played stopper, sweeper and fullback in college.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    Hello. been watching World Cup soccer since 86. started getting into euro club soccer after the 06 world cup. loved Henry. tried to support Arsenal, Liverpool and Tottenham at different times. didnt want to support Man U on principal but Rooney is by far my favorite player and i've decided to dance with the devil.

also support my local team DC United(until i moved to Phoenix) to an extent but i find it hard to watch such an inferior product now that i know what watching the EPL is like.

my dream is to win the lottery and spend a season traveling England and watching EPL games and traveling Europe watching CL games.
  • itsmejessd
    itsmejessd Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Cool group. New to the community section of MFP, just dipping my toes in.

Arsenal is the team my life revolves around, since I was a teenager but even more so now that the Internet lets me (illegally) watch every match. Went to school in Scotland a few years ago and have been Hearts ever since.

Barcelona supporter as well, Ajax is cool, and I keep up with MLS, Ligue 1 and Serie A but no teams in particular.

I do not play football/soccer because I'm slow and tire easily and team sports have never been my thing, but part of the dream is for that to not be the case anymore. I'm getting there though. Watch out, Lionel!
  • bregalad5
    Options
    and traveling Europe watching CL games.

Two of the best experiences of my life:

USA - Poland in Krakow, Poland in '08
    Roma - Bayern in Rome last year. Roma came back from 2-0 down to win 3-2

Totally worth it to get to some games across the pond, and you don't need to win the lotto to do it! :smile:
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    GLORY, GLORY, MEN UNITED {singing} ;) oh, and CHICAGO FIRE!

Hi everyone!
  • Laces_0ut
    Options

Totally worth it to get to some games across the pond, and you don't need to win the lotto to do it! :smile:

true. from now on i am planning my trips to Europe(besides going to Ireland to see U2 again) around soccer season and catch a game or two. El Classico would be my first choice.

and im jealous that you got to see those matches.
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    GLORY, GLORY, MEN UNITED {singing} ;) oh, and CHICAGO FIRE!

Hi everyone!

As the reds go marching on on on!
  • bregalad5
    Options

true. from now on i am planning my trips to Europe(besides going to Ireland to see U2 again) around soccer season and catch a game or two. El Classico would be my first choice.

and im jealous that you got to see those matches.

I actually lived in Rome for 7 months... got there 2 days before the start of the opening match of Roma's season last year, and left mid-March. Went to all but 2 matches last season: One I wasn't feeling well, and the other was the Roma-Lazio derby. Was told to not go, because I likely wouldn't be safe.

I have a lot of friends in Poland, and had been planning an trip there around Easter in '08. Thankfully the USA-Poland match was announced right before I bought my plane ticket, so I was able to plan my trip around the match. Was one of probably 10 Americans there and it was super intense.

In my apartment before the Roma-Bayern match
    P1000003.jpg

At USA-Poland match :smile:
    102_2345.jpg
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    very nice!
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    Well as you can see in my profile pic, I'm an American and a football (soccer) referee. As a fan I'm a supporter of ManU, DC United and Bayern Munich.
  • Zalovar
    Zalovar Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hey!
    I was stoked to see there is a football group here. I was born in and grew up in Germany and have been playing since I was 5 years old. I currently play four nights a week on various men's and coed teams. I try to watch any and all games I can (most on ESPN3, which is awesome) although I mostly probably watch Bundesliga, EPL and Champions League games (and of course International games). I got to go to the World Cup in 2006 which was great. My favorite Bundesliga team is 1.FC Kaiserslautern; Arsenal for the EPL. OF course I also support the German national team who I think will take the Euro Cup next year (wish I could go). For now I'll just have to settle for watching some of the clubs that come over here and play in D.C/Baltimore - last game I watched was the Chelsea vs. AC Milan game which was great.
  • ls_66
    ls_66 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm a futball addict living in Charlotte NC, my first recollection of watching the beautiful game was Summer of 70 ( I was 4) saw my team Italia getting beaten by Brasil in the World Cup final in Mexico.... disappointing but in my life I have seen the azzurri raise the world cup twice, my club team is Juventus... finally back on top of Serie A
  • loupoulain
    Options
    I am a Californian who loves Chelsea, which means that I am up early on Saturdays to watch the Blues. (see my profile photo) For you UK members, the "lunchtime" game kicks off at 4:30 am (typically our ESPN game) and, yes I DVR, but I prefer to watch (and suffer recently) live rather than on delay. I also follow Barcelona and Inter Milan, and our local San Jose Earthquakes.
    Lou, Sunnyvale CA