30 Day Shred

Options

Replies

• pkiesch
    pkiesch Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    OK OK I'll post pics!! haha

here's a little story first... i didn't follow it EXACTLY; the reason? I live in a 3rd story apt & didn't want to annoy the people below me by doing jumping jacks, butt kicks, etc. So during the cardio segments, I mainly do the squat & punch or baby jump ropes, not really leaving the ground, if at all. I figure I run about 15 miles a week so I'm getting enough cardio anyway!!

I only took one day of rest (this was before I knew you should take a couple rest days!) The pics on the left are day 1 and the right is day 30.

front-30days-2.jpg
    back-30days-2.jpg
    side-30days-2.jpg
  • pkiesch
    pkiesch Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    ahh having sizing issues! gimme a minute!

ok think I got it fixed. the main thing I noticed is the reduction of my MUFFIN TOP! my jeans fit much nicer. also, I wish I had taken pics flexing my arms, they have definition now!
  • Jenn152
    Jenn152 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    thanks for posting them! you can totally see the difference in your 'muffin to'p' area AND your back is a big difference! hahah i have people that live below me too... but i dont really care. they have loud kids that are making noise at like 10-11pm when im trying to get to bed so i jump, jack, and high knee away! lol
  • jennarandhayes
    jennarandhayes Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Awww, thanks. Have you started yet? The first few days are difficult but don't let it stop you and you will get great results if you really push it. I am now doing ripped in 30 and I love it. It's 4 different levels so you get to move on a bit faster. Same great repetition though.
    @jennarandhayes

Your pics sold me- I just bought the DVD on Amazon! Way to go!!!
  • jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I did 30DS and didnt really notice any results.... the biggest results I got were from Shawn T's Insanity. It is a bit expensive but so worth it. I would say once you all have mastered 30DS try Insanity
  • lik_11
    lik_11 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I'm starting 30DS tonight!!! Never done a Jillian video before- it should be interesting.

What size weights do ya'll use?
  • lae1227
    Options
    You girls are so motivational. I too get bored with things after about 2 weeks or so. Somehow I have to overcome that ASAP!
  • Jenn152
    Options
    I'm starting 30DS tonight!!! Never done a Jillian video before- it should be interesting.

What size weights do ya'll use?

I use 5lb weights, but sometimes I wish I had 3lbs lol.
  • lik_11
    lik_11 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Holy Shred!!! I made it through Day 1. Jillian kicked my butt... Can't wait to do it again!
  • Jenn152
    Options
    i am so happy you loved it... its a bltch, but it gets better and then you start level 2... lol i am supposed to start level 3 on friday... yikes!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I've done it. It is a fabulous workout, especially since it is only a little over 20 minutes, but I really prefer group fitness classes or just walking/jogging/running on my own.
  • clur85
    clur85 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    hey, i started doing the 30DS in October but only did it about 50% of the time, so I started last week and committed to doing it everyday, more for my own interest to see the results after 30 days straight. So i'm sticking to ten days level1, ten days level2 etc. I'm blogging about it too which really helps me stay on track. Follow my journey if you like :)http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/clur85?month=201111
  • Jenn152
    Options
    So, I did level 1 for 10 days, and then I did level 2 for 9 days until my insane holiday travel commenced (Out of state in MI for 4 days for Thanksgiving, Back to MI again last weekend, and Michigan AGAIN for 4 days this weekend... Thank heaven I will be staying in Chicago for Christmas)! hahah so... i have postponed my 30DS'ing until Next week where I will complete the last 10 days of level 3. Then I will go back to doing cardio and I think I will try to do a real 30DS in January or February when I will have the 30 continuous days without interruption.
  • rolliepollie087
    rolliepollie087 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    So, I did level 1 for 10 days, and then I did level 2 for 9 days until my insane holiday travel commenced (Out of state in MI for 4 days for Thanksgiving, Back to MI again last weekend, and Michigan AGAIN for 4 days this weekend... Thank heaven I will be staying in Chicago for Christmas)! hahah so... i have postponed my 30DS'ing until Next week where I will complete the last 10 days of level 3. Then I will go back to doing cardio and I think I will try to do a real 30DS in January or February when I will have the 30 continuous days without interruption.

I also love her 6 Week 6 Pack Abs video =D Sounds like you rocked it pretty good, though!
  • Jenn152
    Options
    its funny, because my measurements havent really changed that much, but i can see a difference in my body. so im excited to see what i will look like if i do it altogether :O) yay for jillian!
  • MamaLutt
    MamaLutt Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I just finished day three of level 1. Love it so far! It's amazing how much easier it was today on day three than it was just two days ago!
  • JosieVenture
    Options
    I'm about to start this and I gotta say I'm a bit terrified, LOL. I know Jillian has quite the "drill sergeant" style but I think that may be just what I need to get jump started.
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I found this on amazon uk for 5 gbp plus free postage, as i got a 25 quid voucher for christmas I am going to take the plunge & order it. i'm not a big fan of dvd's as i know how lazy i am at home but everyone is talking about this 30ds so much, for 5 pounds i can at least give it a try.
  • Jenn152
    Options
    i made it about 3/4 of the way through it the first time... then thanksgiving hit and all the rest of the holidays... lol and i stopped.

i will be starting it again in feb i think. i have started running now and i am seeing the weight fall off with that. so i think ill get down another 10 pounds or so and then do the 30DS again to really make big changes in my body. it worked wonders the first time, i cant wait to see what it will look like when i have less fat covering all the muscles!
  • Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    What do you ladies think about doing 30 Day Shred along with running? I want to try 30DS to work on toning and strength, but I just can't give up my running. Anyone have advice? Maybe switch on and off?