Welcome

Options
MassiveDelta
MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
Hey everyone, I thought it would be nice to get a local group going for chat and to discuss local things of interest. Events, races, deals on equipment, or gear.

Just hang out and talk about who is better. Iowa, ISU, or UNI.

Go!!

Replies

• MassiveDelta
    Options
    GO PANTHERS!!!!!
    do you realize you have 10x's the posts I have....
  • heidiberr
    heidiberr Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I'm a transplant to Iowa via Wisconsin so no team preference yet.
  • MassiveDelta
    Options

Well Welcome to Iowa...Im sure it wont take long to figure out who the best team is. ;)
  • LeSsOvMe
    LeSsOvMe Posts: 117
    Options

Well Welcome to Iowa...Im sure it wont take long to figure out who the best team is. ;)

Go Hawks!!! Hey everyone. 
  • goddesshanna
    goddesshanna Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hey all! Anyone else in Des Moines?

I guess since I went to ISU, I'm required to say: Go Cyclones! :P
  • PrettyLittleLiar79
    Options
    Hi Peeps!! :flowerforyou:

*GO HAWKS*
  • heidiberr
    heidiberr Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Yeah that is a good question---where in Iowa are you?

I'm in the Dubuque area.
  • kbonamour
    kbonamour Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm from the Quad Cities and don't follow sports too much.
  • LeSsOvMe
    LeSsOvMe Posts: 117
    Options
    Newton
  • Laurathabomb
    Laurathabomb Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm in Des Moines, moved to Iowa about 2 yrs ago. I'm originally from TN born and raised :happy:
  • BrendaPetersen
    BrendaPetersen Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Lived in IA all my life. BUT here is where it gets tricky when it comes to football and sports... lol

I'm a Hawkeye fan born and raised...

Married to a Husker fan and graduate he is a die hard as well as his family...kind of think it's a religion with the NE people... lol

My nephew is married to Joe Tiller's daughter....Prudue

So whoever is suppling the football tickets for the game is who I root for :)
  • lrobin65
    Options
    I was born and raised in Southeast Iowa (Burlington) and moved to Southwest Iowa (Shenandoah) in 2005. I now find myself living in Kansas, but will always be an Iowa girl. Go Hawks!!
  • voluptas63
    voluptas63 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    ISU!

I live in West Des Moines but spend most of my time in Ames:)
  • LoreeBelle
    LoreeBelle Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hi, Everyone! Looks like I'm the oddball in that I live on the "west side" of Iowa. I live about 20 miles north of Council Bluffs, IA/Omaha, NE. My dad was raised in Missouri Valley (where I live). My mom was raised in Omaha. Mom is a diehard Husker fan. My dad is a diehard whoever-is-playing-against-Nebraska fan. Me? Don't really care.

I look forward to getting to know you all and cheering you on (for football and weight loss goals!) in the days, weeks and months ahead. I'm a "lifer" in that I have over 100 # to lose, so I'm going to be around for a while.

Blessings!
    Loree
  • MassiveDelta
    Options
    So glad to have all of you. Find others and invite them too!
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    <<< guess you will have to look at my profile pic to see who I root for. Sorry Cyclones.

I'm born & raised in Iowa City, lived in Des Moines the past 26 years. Anyone else in Des Moines or surrounding areas that would like to converse about restaurants, things to do, etc.

I went on an adventure to the Madrid area - visited the High Tressel Bridge - see photo on by profile. If anyone lives in that area (or Des Moines) I would advise going on a visit - it is a wonderful spot, very scenic and a good walk (30 min) to boot.

So glad someone started a group from Iowa.