Welcome!

Options
mikajoanow
mikajoanow Posts: 584 Member
I hope there is at least a few of us on here! I love Oregon, I have lived here since I was a teenager and I can't imagine living any where else!

Replies

• FitToBeFab
    FitToBeFab Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    HI! I live in the Albany/Corvallis area but I grew up in Portland. What area are you from?
  • mikajoanow
    Options
    HI! I live in the Albany/Corvallis area but I grew up in Portland. What area are you from?
    I am near Hillsboro, about 25 min outside of Portland. And I hope to move closer to Portland in a few years when my middle son graduates.

So are you a Beaver fan?
  • FitToBeFab
    Options
    Through and through!

I'm the only one in my family. My sister is Ducks all the way, my mom couldn't care less, and my Dad is all about Stanford.
    It's been and interesting football season in my family this year.

I have friends out in Hillsborro! I think it's a pretty nice area. I lived in the suburbs of Portland, and hated it. I think if you're going to live in portland, you have to do it right, by living either downtown, or on the East side of the river where all the old town homes are.
  • olyrose
    olyrose Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Yay! The first thing I searched for in the groups was "Portland" :smile:

I've lived in NE Portland a little over 5 years in NE, and I LOVE it here! I moved from Olympia, which is like a mini Portland.
  • FitToBeFab
    Options
    Yay! Welcome!
  • mikajoanow
    Options
    Through and through!

I'm the only one in my family. My sister is Ducks all the way, my mom couldn't care less, and my Dad is all about Stanford.
    It's been and interesting football season in my family this year.

I have friends out in Hillsborro! I think it's a pretty nice area. I lived in the suburbs of Portland, and hated it. I think if you're going to live in portland, you have to do it right, by living either downtown, or on the East side of the river where all the old town homes are.
    We live about 10-15 from Hillsboro, in some little town, most people have never heard of. lol I just love Portland, West side East side, all works for me. West side is closer to all of my family though.

My husband grew up in Eugene/Springfield and went to school there, so we are of course Duck fans lol
  • mikajoanow
    Options
    Yay! The first thing I searched for in the groups was "Portland" :smile:

I've lived in NE Portland a little over 5 years in NE, and I LOVE it here! I moved from Olympia, which is like a mini Portland.

Yay!! Welcome to our very little group! lol Hopefully we find a few more of us on here!!
  • tracy337
    tracy337 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Hey fellow Oregonians! I am also in the PDX area but on the east side in Gresham. I have lived in PDX all my life except for 2 years from age 10-12 when we lived in Ft Worth Tx. :flowerforyou:
  • mikajoanow
    Options
    Hey fellow Oregonians! I am also in the PDX area but on the east side in Gresham. I have lived in PDX all my life except for 2 years from age 10-12 when we lived in Ft Worth Tx. :flowerforyou:
    Whoa, Texas is quite a change from Portland lol Glad you found your way here!!
  • KendaVSG
    KendaVSG Posts: 147
    Options
    Hello fellow Oregonians! I am in Eugene/Springfield and new to mfp. I see that most of you are in the Portland area, is there anyone in the valley?
  • FitToBeFab
    Options
    I'm in Albany! :-)
  • orcoast71
    orcoast71 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Greetings from the Florence! :smile:
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm in Salem! I'm sorry that I don't share everyone's fondness for the state, I'm from California we moved here for my husband's job! I'm hoping to meet some people in the area that would like to meet for runs/hikes/walks.........working out alone is not very motivating!!!
  • mikajoanow
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm in Salem! I'm sorry that I don't share everyone's fondness for the state, I'm from California we moved here for my husband's job! I'm hoping to meet some people in the area that would like to meet for runs/hikes/walks.........working out alone is not very motivating!!!
    I think Salem has a different feel to it, I thought about moving there before because I love all the old houses and I am fairly political, but its not for me.
    Glad you found this group though, hopefully you can find some people in your town to run with!
  • mikajoanow
    Options
    Love Florence! The town is nice too! :P I have actually had some great family vacations there.
  • mikajoanow
    Options
    Hello fellow Oregonians! I am in Eugene/Springfield and new to mfp. I see that most of you are in the Portland area, is there anyone in the valley?
    Hopefully we will get some more. I do love Eugene though. My husbands family all lives in the area and my oldest son is considering going to school there.
  • Jennloella
    Options
    haha I hope so too! I just discovered the "groups" feature today. weird huh? I lived in Medford before this, and enjoyed it much more, I think because it rained less there......
  • FitToBeFab
    Options

I'M ORIGINALLY FROM CALI!!

I was a kid when we moved here, but have always kept Cali in my heart.

I also used to live in Monmouth (right outside of Salem), and was not fond of Salem. I'm honestly not that fond of the valley in general, but I'm stuck here for the time being so complaining will get me nowhere. I prefer central or southern Oregon.
  • Jennloella
    Options

I'M ORIGINALLY FROM CALI!!

I was a kid when we moved here, but have always kept Cali in my heart.

I also used to live in Monmouth (right outside of Salem), and was not fond of Salem. I'm honestly not that fond of the valley in general, but I'm stuck here for the time being so complaining will get me nowhere. I prefer central or southern Oregon.

where in Cali are you from? My parents moved me from Chico when I was 16, I graduated in Coos Bay, as soon as I turned 18 I went to Texas for college, then moved to Sacramento, then Monterey for work. I met my husband in Cali and he ironically got transferred here about 6 years ago, we've lived in Albany, Roseburg, Medford, and now Salem! Roseburg was my least fave, with Salem right behind!!! Unfortunately for me.....hubby has reached the pinnacle of his career here and he will probably be here until he retires. I miss Cali so much, but for us to both have great jobs this day and age I can't complain too much!!!
  • orcoast71
    orcoast71 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Love Florence! The town is nice too! :P I have actually had some great family vacations there.

I guess my hands and brain weren't talking to each to other when I typed that. I think I what I meant to say was hello from the lovely town of Florence!