Serie A

bregalad5
bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
Anyone else follow Serie A? What the crap is going on this season?

Replies

• itamd1970
    itamd1970 Posts: 17 Member
    It's the new life of the league under austerity. not easy, but still good i think. Forza Lazio
  • bregalad5
    Forza Lazio

We cannot be friends. FORZA ROMA!

RomaRoma.jpg
  • ls_66
    ls_66 Posts: 395 Member
    Serie A is a big mess right now 60% of the last two weeks of game have been postponed due to bad weather all over Italy.... now teams have to make up games during the week, my Juventus will play 9 games in 4 weeks...
    Milan is back on top, Juve is second with 1 game to make up and then Lazio, Udinese and Inter, I think it's wide open but Milan might have the edge
  • Zalovar
    Zalovar Posts: 92 Member
    I don't know what it is but I have such a hard time watching the Serie A games these days. Even when watching some of the top teams...just too much diving and complaining. I definately think the league has lost some quality over the years.
  • itamd1970
    I don't buy all this hype about how bad serie A has gotten. I find the games pretty entertaining. I think the money realignment pushed by UEFA can only help leagues become more competitive. Soccer is too much a game of haves vs. have nots.
    But WHAT is happening to INTER? They lost again today
  • bregalad5
    Yeah I actually find the EPL harder to watch than Serie A. Too many of the teams are just thuggish. Of course, my opinion on that changed after not being able to watch EPL for a season and only being able to watch live Serie A games, so that could be the reason.

Edited because my word choice sucked
  • Rikib004
    Rikib004 Posts: 51
    Serie A is not the division it once was... The scandals of years gone by plus the league rules implemented after their failure in the 2002 world cup also affected the league. It has always been a slow defensive style of football but recently it seems much more open. I like alot of players in Serie A but it really cannot compare to La Liga or the English Premiership
  • carlom18
    carlom18 Posts: 174 Member
    Juve fan here. I watch bundesliga and la liga as well. Never watch BPL, teams and their style of play doesn't interest me
  • itamd1970
    What does everyone think of the new season?
  • bregalad5
    Obviously I'm elated by Roma so far, but it makes me wonder how spectacularly they'll implode later in the season since they always seem to manage to disappoint.