Introductions

Options
Great idea, Snakey! I'm Laurie. I live in Toronto and am active with a local Shindig group and help organize the Can't Stop the Serenity screening in To every year.

Browncoats are the best people! :wink:

Replies

• maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    gorram great idea!

I'm maab, i'm a geek. as well as a browncoat, i am also a gater, a scaper & a grifter.
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I'm Kathy. I've been a Browncoat since the first episode aired. I really don't have a favorite character from the show as I love them all for different reasons. We have our own little 'Verse here! Shiny!
  • Snakey74
    Snakey74 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I'm Krista, your friendly group creator. :wink:
    I live in Virginia, and I can thank my hubby for getting me hooked on Firefly. Ever since then, I have been hopelessly addicted. We love going to annual screenings of Can't Stop the Signal at our local draft cinema.

I guess I never quite give up hope that one day...we will see more. LOL I am a geek! :laugh:
  • wile_e01
    Options
    Hi I am Beau Krista's Husband.

I caught on to firefly when it was released on DVD. Watched it with friends knowing that it was canceled and actually held out on the last episode for like 2 weeks because i didn't want it to end.
  • bens_mommy
    Options
    Oh gosh Snakey I'm so glad you made this group! :D

I'm Amy and I live in California, and I've been obsessed with Firefly (and anything Joss Whedon/Nathan Fillion) related for that matter ever since. I'm hoping that once I get down to my goal weight, I'll cosplay as Kaylee at a convention here or something. =]

Nice to meet all ya'll! <3333333
  • ckatastrophy
    ckatastrophy Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    "Mm. They call it "Mudder's milk". All the protein, vitamins and carbs of your grandma's best turkey dinner, plus fifteen percent alcohol." LOL appropriate for this month, I thought.

Hi! I'm Chrissy from Minnesota. I ♥ Firefly/Serenity! Haven't watched it in a while, but I watched the whole series & movie 3x in a row. My son said "you're watching this AGAIN?!?" LOL!
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Jaq. I live in Seattle, which seems to be Browncoat central. I actually plan to go visit my favorite Firefly-themed coffee shop, tomorrow. I'm an all-around geek as well as a Browncoat.
  • PennyNickel14
    PennyNickel14 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Hi Hi

I love love Firefly (although I am huge whedonite all around).

Favorite Character: Mal /swoon

All around geek type :)
  • bens_mommy
    Options
    Hi Hi

I love love Firefly (although I am huge whedonite all around).

Favorite Character: Mal /swoon

All around geek type :)

Guhhh, me too. When I found out he was doing Castle I nerdgasmed.
  • Snakey74
    Options
    Hello! I'm Jaq. I live in Seattle, which seems to be Browncoat central. I actually plan to go visit my favorite Firefly-themed coffee shop, tomorrow. I'm an all-around geek as well as a Browncoat.

WHAT?!?!
    They HAVE those???? :noway:
    I wanna go there!!!
  • JennBrown83
    JennBrown83 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Great idea, Snakey! I'm Laurie. I live in Toronto and am active with a local Shindig group and help organize the Can't Stop the Serenity screening in To every year.

Hey Laurie! I'm Jenn, I love near Toronto and didn't know about this Shindig group... the CSTS is amazing but I've never been able to attend... nice to meet you!!! is there somewhere I can find out about the Shindig group??
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options

WHAT?!?!
    They HAVE those???? :noway:
    I wanna go there!!!

YES! It just re-opened, too, after a fire shut down the last location. I missed the grand re-opening, though. THERE WAS SINGING. I was sad.
  • LaurieEReid
    Options

Hey Laurie! I'm Jenn, I love near Toronto and didn't know about this Shindig group... the CSTS is amazing but I've never been able to attend... nice to meet you!!! is there somewhere I can find out about the Shindig group??

I thought I'd post rather than message in case other GTA people are interested.

Check out www.torontobrowncoats.com and over on the right hand side you'll see a list of Fan Groups including the Toronto Firefly Shindigs. The Buffy and Whedonite groups also have regular get togethers. For anybody in Canada, we've got Canadian Browncoats (I am a leaf on a Northern Wind), also listed there.
  • Lionesss
    Options
    Hey there. I'm an allround Whedon fan. I am on the global team who help the local Organizers like Laurie do great Can't Stop The Serenity events.
  • Snakey74
    Options
    Hey there. I'm an allround Whedon fan. I am on the global team who help the local Organizers like Laurie do great Can't Stop The Serenity events.

Welcome!!
  • Snakey74
    Options
    We have new members...how about a round of introductions if you have not done so already? :flowerforyou:
  • Lionesss
    Options
    I'll do a little plug for the Can't Stop The Serenity events if I may! Every year Browncoats around the world show the movie Serenity and raise money for Whedon's favourite charity, Equality Now. Or people do smaller events, called Affiliate events and raise money by passing the hat, or little auctions or whathaveyou. Last year a couple turned their wedding reception at a pub into an Affiliate affair!
    Its fun and the Global team offers lots of support and promotion and even a prize pack.
    It's all fan run and there is no reason why anyone here can't do one themselves or help out if there already is one in your area. Head on over to Cantstoptheserenity.com for more details.

I now return you to you regularly scheduled weight loss. ;-)
  • Snakey74
    Options
    Fantastic shout out! :flowerforyou:
  • bugsay1787
    Options
    Hi guys!
    I am Karen, originally from SC but I migrated south to FL!

I love love love firefly and got really excited when I realized that there was a firefly group here on MFP! Are you guys also into other Whedon works?
  • singintomymouth
    singintomymouth Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Heyyy guys, I'm Kayla and Firefly is my all-time favorite show :) I was so glad to find this group on MFP!