Welcome....

Options
DietingMommy08
DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
I find that the hardest place for me to lose weight is in the belly since ive had my son it looks like im still pregnant and hes 3!!

I think it would be great to have a group of people that completly understand us so we can share advice and help eachother along the journey back to pre baby belly.

:o)

Replies

• wildhehr2
    wildhehr2 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    It's funny....one of the reasons I joined MFP was because I had three people (in one week) ask me when I was due or congratulate me on my condition. I am not pregnant. I've got three great kids, ages 7, 5, & 3. I'm worried that even if I can lose weight, I'll still have the baby belly....
  • MichelleLydia
    MichelleLydia Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

This is exactly what I needed to find! My son is 2.5 and although I weigh way less than before I got pregnant, I still have the mommy belly/pooch that I desperately would loooove to lose!
  • ajustice21
    Options
    Hi Everyone!! Being a mom is a tough job and losing weight and looking and feeling good on top of everything else is even harder, glad to find this group!! I have 4 year old and a 5 week old, looking forward to losing weight (esp in the belly!!)
  • tmtrack
    Options
    I am soo on the some boat. I have had 2 kids and they were huges so of course my body suffered for this and mainly my belly. I have what you call a dunlap, caz the belly has done lapped over everything! I workout almost everyday and it's still there! I wonder if it has anything to due with 2 c-sections. But I don't know any advice?!?!
  • clburchett
    Options
    I still look like I am 9 months pregnant and I had my DS 2 years ago. He is my 3rd. I have two DD's ages 3 & 5. You would think that with 3 toddlers all so close in age that I would be a rail. That is so not the case. I lost all the baby weight from my first then I got pregnant right away had #2 18 months later. 6 months later I was pregnant w/ #3. I have not lost either of their baby weight.. I am only 8 pounds less then when I delivered #3 2 yrs ago. I thank you for starting this group because I really could use the support. Hopefully we can challenge each other and cheer each other on!! I know I really need it!
  • Heathin
    Options
    Hello! Thank you for creating this group. This is exactly what I was looking for. I have a 9 month old and thought by now that most of this weight would be gone....and well it's not. I carry my weight in my thighs, rear, and stomach. The area that irks me the most is the belly. I can't stand that it jiggles when I walk. It bothers me the most when I sit down and I get the "dunlop" effect...UGH! Never had this before and want it to go away. Help!
  • dmbfan22
    dmbfan22 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I had twins 19 months ago and my stomach is wrecked!
    I need help too...my "twin skin" is out of control!
  • ajustice21
    Options
    It’s encouraging to know that other moms out there are feeling the same way about their bodies after kids that I do, I feel for everyone that is joining the group with "muffins" "cupcakes" "dunlops" or whatever you want to call it!! My goal is to feel great and look great, I don’t want to give myself a deadline, let’s face it ladies life gets in the way even more so when you have kiddos!!

Any ideas on ways we can challenge ourselves to reach our goals???
  • demery12371
    demery12371 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    It's funny....one of the reasons I joined MFP was because I had three people (in one week) ask me when I was due or congratulate me on my condition. I am not pregnant. I've got three great kids, ages 7, 5, & 3. I'm worried that even if I can lose weight, I'll still have the baby belly....

Soo fun! Mine have all turned 7, 5, & 3 within the last month! And yes I got motivated earlier this year when someone asked me when the "newest one" was coming. I looked him square in the face and said... Not pregnant just fat. He turned all shades of red but it totally made me realize that I had to get rid of it.!!!
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies for joining this group. I think it will be of great motivation for all of us!!
  • KelCanDoThis
    KelCanDoThis Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm a mum of 4. Three boys 8, 6 & 3 and my baby girl she's 4 months. I HATE my belly and if I could get rid if any weight first it would be from there! I have twice been asked when's it due and it's so humiliating!!!

Add me, great to talk to new people that understand

Kelly
  • Gwendalyne
    Gwendalyne Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Hi am a mom of 3, ages 2, 4, and 7....I've lost about 95lbs. I work full time, hubby, ministry, and currently studying to be a PT. It's tough getting it all in, but very doable. I am currently working on trying to tone up my tummy...Glad to meet you ladies!
  • Tenoreo90
    Tenoreo90 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Heyo! I have an 18 month old daughter, and while my stomache has always been my 'problem area' (even when i was underweight in highschool at 100 lbs) now it just 'hangs'. In fact I kinda miss having just that SLIGHT pooch that I used to gripe about so much. Just no more hanging, please!
  • Jycooper
    Jycooper Posts: 195
    Options
    This group is awesome. I have had 3 (ages 7,5 &1) children all by c-section so I def have a pouch. Look forward to getting so advice and tips to help with that.
  • lilcupcake213
    lilcupcake213 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    hello ladies! I also have 3 kids ( my son is 5 y/o , and my girls are 3 y/o and 7 months old ). I am actually down to about 1 lb away from my goal (which is the same as before i had my first baby) and my body looks COMPLETELY different. This mommy belly makes me look 10 pounds heavier than i really am. im doing turbo fire and chalean extreme and nothing seems to be working. It's flattening a tad, but not what i was hoping for ..anyone trying anything that is actually working??? :(
  • nadiaez
    nadiaez Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies, I just had my little girl 6 months ago via emergency c-section and although I have lost all the baby weight (but would love to keep losing) the jelly belly really needs getting rid of! This group is just what I needed! x
  • hojo94
    hojo94 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Oh, I so needed to find you all! I have two kiddos.. ages 6 and almost 2! I HATE, when I am on all fours looking down to see my mom udder... yup, it hangs there like a cow udder. I Need to get rid of that thing, yikes! Glad I am not the only one!
  • techteachergirl
    techteachergirl Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I am tired of being asked when I am due! Thank you for this group! I have 100 lbs to lose and I am struggling to find time and maintain balance and my sanity!

I am Amanda, mom of a 20 month old. Nice to meet you! I look forward to getting to know all of you and supporting each other to our goals! I am an open book so feel free to add me or ask me anything!
  • fitmommy2012
    fitmommy2012 Posts: 451 Member
    Options

Soo fun! Mine have all turned 7, 5, & 3 within the last month! And yes I got motivated earlier this year when someone asked me when the "newest one" was coming. I looked him square in the face and said... Not pregnant just fat. He turned all shades of red but it totally made me realize that I had to get rid of it.!!!

Hey....yep...I have been there too, I have had MANY people ask me if I am pregnant again....and I am FOR SURE not....so its very upsetting to me, as I am sure you know first hand. Almost ALL of my weight is in my belly, and thats my biggest problem FOR SURE! :sad:

AND HAHAHAHA! I cannot imagine telling someone that....its hilarious! I can imagine what that guy was thinking! :laugh: :wink:
  • bonnt
    bonnt Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I have a 3 month old daughter... and I was overweight before I got pregnant. I had a c-section (not sure if anybody else has) but I've heard its super hard to get rid of that area that kinda... flops over your pant line?

My boyfriend says I remind him of Adam Sandler in Click when he undergoes liposuction or whatever.