Introductions!

Options
Photoology
Photoology Posts: 121 Member
Hey! I am Nehal and a fairly huge fan of running though I still consider myself a newbie at it. I have been running consistently since May and am preparing myself for a half this coming May. It seems like a long ways away, but I bet time will fly.

Introduce yourself, your goals, any races, and any other information you would like!

And Welcome!!

Replies

• smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just started back running a couple months ago. Would love to do a 5K or other run in the area soon. I'm in the Baltimore area.
  • Photoology
    Options
    Hey!

I am just south of Baltimore and welcome back to running!! If you are interested, there is a 5k new years day in Patterson Park... just got information about it in the mail and also check out CharmCityRun.com. I know they list all sorts of Maryland races and they are also opening up a new store somewhere downtown!
  • bshedwick
    bshedwick Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I'm Brad and I'm up in White Marsh. I just started running again this summer, but have gotten much more serious about it recently. I did a 5k race this Sunday, and am hoping to do the Baltimore Half-Marathon next year.
  • smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Hey!

I am just south of Baltimore and welcome back to running!! If you are interested, there is a 5k new years day in Patterson Park... just got information about it in the mail and also check out CharmCityRun.com. I know they list all sorts of Maryland races and they are also opening up a new store somewhere downtown!

Thanks I'll check the web site out. Need to start off easy!!
  • Iluvchopsticks
    Iluvchopsticks Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Kimberly and live in Baltimore. I have recently started running more regularly and am hoping to do a half marathon next spring and a full sometime next year. I have a Turkey Trot coming up and am doing the Hot Chocolate 15k in DC. I have set a goal to try and do at least one race a month so I always have something to keep me motivated :)
  • Iluvchopsticks
    Options
    Hey!

I will likely do that race as well. I live right by the park so it would be awesome to have a race I don't have to travel to!
  • Photoology
    Options
    Hey!

They list all sorts of 5k run / walk events...really almost all to any events...
  • Photoology
    Options
    Hi, I'm Kimberly and live in Baltimore. I have recently started running more regularly and am hoping to do a half marathon next spring and a full sometime next year. I have a Turkey Trot coming up and am doing the Hot Chocolate 15k in DC. I have set a goal to try and do at least one race a month so I always have something to keep me motivated :)

I wish I could do one race each month...though since august, it seems to have been that way. I am going to be doing the hot chocolate 5k! I don't know if i am excited or just not in the mood for the cold.. :)
  • Chelsmer
    Options
    My name is Chelsea and I'm in the Laurel area. I've been running for about 8 months now. After finishing my half marathon training in august I started to slack off. But after getting back into my old routine, I remembered how much I need running in my life. I'm thinking of doing a 5k to keep me motivated. Though I've trained for a half marathon, I've never participated in a race. I would have difficulty getting to the race because I can't drive.
  • Iluvchopsticks
    Options

I wish I could do one race each month...though since august, it seems to have been that way. I am going to be doing the hot chocolate 5k! I don't know if i am excited or just not in the mood for the cold.. :)

Ha, I am the opposite. I have no problems getting out during the colder months but the heat drags me down. I am going to be challenged trying to keep my mileage up during summer.
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

I'm Shuntae and I live in Columbia. Back in Feb of 2009, I started running via Couch to 5k...and liked it so much that I've been doing it ever since! So far, I've run a handful of 5k's and 10k's, 6 halfs, and 1 full marathon...I'm actually heading down to Richmond today to run half #7 tomorrow. It's probably my favorite, so I'm really psyched about it!

Not so fond of extremely hot or cold weather, but since I schedule races in the spring and fall, it forces me to get out there and train anyway. Still deciding on the half marathons for next year, but Baltimore and Richmond are both very likely. Nothing planned for the spring, as I will be busy training for my first triathlon in August. So excited!

Looking forward to talking to y'all!
  • mei1005
    mei1005 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    What's up, folks! I'm Martha and I live in Baltimore and I've been an on/off runner for several years. To date, I've run one full marathon, four half marathons, and several 10 and 5k's. I love finding new places to run locally. This summer I discovered the NCR trail, which is AWESOME!

I'm trying to step the running up a bit for the winter... I'm doing the Surf-N-Santa 10 miler in VA Beach and a couple of half marathons next spring. My ultimate goal is Tough Mudder at the beginning of next summer.

It's great to meet fellow runners in the area!
  • Photoology
    Options
    What's up, folks! I'm Martha and I live in Baltimore and I've been an on/off runner for several years. To date, I've run one full marathon, four half marathons, and several 10 and 5k's. I love finding new places to run locally. This summer I discovered the NCR trail, which is AWESOME!

I'm trying to step the running up a bit for the winter... I'm doing the Surf-N-Santa 10 miler in VA Beach and a couple of half marathons next spring. My ultimate goal is Tough Mudder at the beginning of next summer.

It's great to meet fellow runners in the area!

Hey Martha!

Welcome to the group. The Surf-N-Santa sounds wonderful and I have been hearing a lot about this race from other runners. I do hope you have a lot of fun and I give you more props for even doing the Tough Mudder! It just sounds crazy... lol
  • Sheriemae
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm Sherie, I live in Mechanicsville. I smoked my last cigarette Jan. 31 2011 :) Then I quit running and doing dvds in March. I gained 23 pounds:( Not sure why I quit working out, I just got lazy I guess, but I'm back and going strong (30 days) Saturday I had my best ever 5K~33:09 (treadmill). I plan to run my old outside route (hills) on Thanksgiving to see what my road 5K is. I miss pounding the pavement, but the treadmill has been very convenient. I use to hate it! When I had to run on it because of bad weather or darkness I'd quit after a mile, but I've recently started watching movies while running and I'm loving it. It's a little to dark for my liking to run in the morning. I'm ready for spring already.
  • mei1005
    mei1005 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm Sherie, I live in Mechanicsville. I smoked my last cigarette Jan. 31 2011 :) Then I quit running and doing dvds in March. I gained 23 pounds:( Not sure why I quit working out, I just got lazy I guess, but I'm back and going strong (30 days) Saturday I had my best ever 5K~33:09 (treadmill). I plan to run my old outside route (hills) on Thanksgiving to see what my road 5K is. I miss pounding the pavement, but the treadmill has been very convenient. I use to hate it! When I had to run on it because of bad weather or darkness I'd quit after a mile, but I've recently started watching movies while running and I'm loving it. It's a little to dark for my liking to run in the morning. I'm ready for spring already.

BIG CONGRATS on quitting smoking... I'm with you there. Had my last one on 4/18/11... it isn't easy but it's worth it!
  • kelley_m
    kelley_m Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I am Kelley, I live just outside of DC in Lanham.

Used to run after college, then I moved to the are and stopped and started, then this year I started back after I had my son. It has been a slow road getting back but I love running and the feeling when my run is over and even the feeling I get on mid-length run when I feel like I could just go forever.

Have done a marathon, and a half, a handful of 5ks and a 10 k and today I did a 15k...next year I am thinking of signing up for another half marathon but we will see...
  • chrissyv1024
    chrissyv1024 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!! I'm in the Hyattsville/College Park area. I have run three 5Ks this year and also completed the Warrior Dash in May. In 2012, I'm planning on doing the Warrior Dash again and move up to 5milers and 8Ks. My goal is also to completes a few duathons! I just have to get a great bike to work on! Nice to be here and meet some Maryland folks!
  • dirtydmvkid
    dirtydmvkid Posts: 184
    Options
    ::Edit::
    Wow, I didn't realize how dead this thread was...

Hey everybody, I'm Angel!

Born and raised in MoCo but I've been all over the place for the past four years. Active duty service member stationed in NoVa looking for motivating people! Never really had an issue with running, I just never put time in for it. Being in the military, running has become synonymous with negative thoughts but I know it can be relaxing and fun. Looking forward to learning and passing information!
    Feel free to add me! Diary is open if you're interested.
  • missjazzyfe
    Options
    Hi, my name's Jazmine and I've lived in Maryland my whole life. I really want to get started running. I've been slowly building up my endurance to run and I really enjoy it so far. I'm thinking about signing up for a 5K in the near future as well. Is very exciting.
  • mastansbery
    mastansbery Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. My name is Mark, and I live in Hagerstown, MD. Always looking for motivation and I am now looking for a running partner. I am a morning runner, usually 4:30-5:00am. Anyone interested, let me know.