Hey!!!

Options

Replies

• Gshepmix83
    Gshepmix83 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I was born in Elmhurst but grew up in Berwyn. Right now I'm living in Diamond, IL. It's in Grundy County. The nearest city that people know in Grundy County is Morris.
  • mutt12345
    Options
    Buffalo Grove
  • gregavila
    gregavila Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Naperville area here...
  • Bells5001
    Bells5001 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hey Crystal Lake. I'm from Lake in the Hills. Do you belong to any of the local health clubs? I work out at Lifetime Fitness......I love it!
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I'm at LTF as well, though not that one.

How do you like it? I'm becoming more and more unimpressed. They keep raising their dues and everything always seems to be broken. Unfortunatly they are at such a convienent location and are really the only one around that is open 24/7 so I keep going...
  • Bells5001
    Options
    I really enjoy the group fitness classes. I take kickboxing, strike (my favorite!) and yoga. I only occasionally use the floor equipment. I'm a single member so the price isn't that bad for just me :-)
  • PJoy6
    PJoy6 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone : here from Fox Lake on the beautiful Chain O Lakes!
  • osofan81
    osofan81 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    what's up everyone. Checkin in from the West Burbs here. Hope you guys are all working hard at your goals. I'm just in the beginning phase of mine but I'm keeping positive. Any positive energy is welcome!
  • glassgallm
    glassgallm Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hey Crystal Lake. I'm from Lake in the Hills. Do you belong to any of the local health clubs? I work out at Lifetime Fitness......I love it!

Yup, use Lifetime Fitness in Algonquin, mostly the lap pool. Occasionally a treadmill when the weather is bad, which it hasn't been this winter.

Sending friend request!
  • karnold14
    Options
    Hello fellow Chicagoans I love in Lincoln Square and am always up for a good fun run. Moved here from Ohio three years ago. I'm currently looking to add muscle and am looking into figure competitions to keep it interesting. If you got knowledge or stories I got the ears for listening....
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    hey :)
    I grew up on the NW side of the city, now live in the Kankakee/Bradley/Bourbonnais area.
  • Karkle14
    Options
    hey

new here too

Barrington...feel free to add me as a friend anyone!
  • ajevans2674
    ajevans2674 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm from Elgin, currently live in Arlington Heights. I second the idea that we should run a 5k or something. Love running races!!!
  • ajevans2674
    ajevans2674 Posts: 31 Member
    Options

Yup, use Lifetime Fitness in Algonquin, mostly the lap pool. Occasionally a treadmill when the weather is bad, which it hasn't been this winter.

Sending friend request!

I'm just looking into changing gyms - joining the Lifetime Fitness in Schaumburg. The gym itself was very impressive, but I was really rubbed the wrong way by their sales person, who I found highly irritating. I'm still up in the air as to whether I want to pay over $60 a month for a gym membership...I'm already at $54, which for me seems steep.
  • nutmeg0907
    Options
    Spring Grove ... maybe you've heard of our corn maze :smile:
  • Bells5001
    Options
    At least you wouldn't be working out with the sales person....the group fitness classes are so fun!
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options

Sending friend request!

I'm just looking into changing gyms - joining the Lifetime Fitness in Schaumburg. The gym itself was very impressive, but I was really rubbed the wrong way by their sales person, who I found highly irritating. I'm still up in the air as to whether I want to pay over $60 a month for a gym membership...I'm already at $54, which for me seems steep.

Where do you go now?

I go to LTF in Schaumburg at the moment, I always complain about it and threaten to quit, but I never do. The parking lot is too small and it can get really busy, especially during after work hours and lots of the women in the locker room love to spread all their stuff out, taking up all the benches while they spray an entire bottle cheap flowery perfume all over themselves, things are always broken, but I suppose that happens everywhere. It is expensive, but I suppose if you use all the things offered to you, it could be worth it (pool, classes, etc.) I don't take advantage, that is probably why I always complain so much about the price.

When I signed up, I think they said there is no cancellation fee so you won't be put out too much if you decide you don't like it!

I will say, though, when I visit my parents in Minnesota, the LTF by them is so much nicer and I always dread coming back here, lol.
  • KevinPMajka
    Options
    Brookfield!
  • Lovablelamb326
    Lovablelamb326 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Joliet all the way!
  • jimthix10
    Options
    Originally from Aurora, but I live out in Erie now (not too far from the Quad Cities).