working out but my eating sucks

Options
GG70
GG70 Posts: 232 Member
This is the FIRST year that I have maintained my workouts during birthdays, Halloween and now coming up on Thanksgiving and Christmas.. I have screwed up my healthy eating regimen and have lost my mojo in that respect.. I start out each day great and then as soon as stress hits, the eating starts.. I have 3 kids and I am home with my 2 year old while the older 2 are in school.. I am pretty much losing my mind and don't really have much adult interaction.. so grabbing snacks seems to be my peace on a daily basis.. even though i mainly make HEALTHY choices, I eat too much of what I DO eat.. Even as I am typing this, I have to STOP TO YELL at my 8 year old to stop making the baby cry.. it is loud and irritating sometimes and I have been known to put earplugs in my ears for a mini-vacation.. I am seriously losing it here! It is SO hard being a mommy..

Replies

• caroltina
    caroltina Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Know how you feel hun, I have an 8 year old and a disabled (blind) hubby - all too often the responsibility falls to me, it is tiring. BUT you are worth it, stick at it - best advice i can give is take 10 min every evening to plan the following day - then try to stick with this. It won't always work but it really helps me.
  • Samantha76
    Samantha76 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I know how that feels aswell. I have two very busy children, with something going on pretty much everyday. But it does help to try to plan out the next day as best as you can, it is difficult some days cause well, as you know, life with children is very unpredictable. Here are a couple things that I have tried, and seem to be working rather well on the keeping me sane issue.
    The last few weeks when getting snacks for lunches, I have only bought enough snacks to get through the two weeks inbetween pays. Put them in baggies/ divided them up for the two weeks, and put them in a special container that is marked kids lunches. Now I know I can't munch on them, cause then the kids won't have enough for the two weeks. (And I try to get them healthy snacks as hard as that is now with all the peanut allergies out there) Also I try not to bring anything else in the house to snack on except for fruits and veggies, which I find also helps with the snacking. But one day a week, I will allow myself some of my most favored snack, (chocolate extreme ice cream), and I make sure it is on a day when everyone is home, so there isn't a lot of anything left over for me to pig out on later. This way I still get my chocolate fix, but not really harming my progress(not including the last two weeks that my daughter was sick, then me)
    The other thing I do, which really does help with the sanity of busy life with children. I get up earlier then everyone else Monday thru Friday, at least an hour before I get the kids up for school. And just soak in the bath tub. I take a book in there with me and read for at least half an hour. This is what I consider my time. Which seems to keep me going for the day. It isn't time to think about bills or what needs to get done this day or anything like that, it is time to put your mind else where, and just relax. As a busy mom, you need to find time during everyday, just for you. If early morning doesn't work for you, find it somewhere else in the day. But give yourself at least a half hour to yourself, to be yourself, and relax.
    Hope this helps.