Welcome

Options

Replies

• carissa100
    carissa100 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Carissa. I had a baby 6 months ago and I have about 10 pounds to lose. Though more importantly I have a lot of toning as my tummy is flab and someone asked me over Christmas if I was pregnant again. Pretty upsetting. I have no idea what exercises I need to help my tummy so anyone in the same boat or who is firming up their post baby tummy woulda be super friends. Thank you.
  • lmkaks
    lmkaks Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Tell us about yourself!

How old are your kids?

How long have you been here on MFP?

What are your goals?

Share anything you'd like!

My name is Lesley. I have three children: 5, 3 and 3 months. This is my first time on MFP and I have been stalking around here for the past four or five days, but plan to start tracking calories tomorrow.

I have a million goals all related to losing 45 lbs. Mostly, I just want to feel good about myself again, regain confidence and be a woman my children and husband can be proud of.

My biggest obstacle will be portion sizes! (And passing up my kids leftover Kraft Mac 'n Cheese...I love that stuff...)
  • inyourfaceskinnywitch
    Options
    hiya! I'm Megan, I am 24 year old mom to my 2 year old daughter. I have been on MFP for roughly two weeks. but have not been consistent because of holidays and other fantastic excuses I could find. :) 10 months ago, I finally opened my eyes and saw how out of shape I was. I weighed 187 pounds and it took me about 20 minutes to walk a mile. I have since lost 37 pounds and have ran three 5k' s! I'm wanting to lose the final 13 and run a 10k this spring.
  • blalat88
    Options
    Hi I'm a 24 year old wife and mother. My son will be turning 4 this May, I can't wait. I joined myfitnesspal because I needed the support from others who were looking to lose weight like me and maybe if I had the support of others I would be able to ACTUALLY lose weight this time and keep it off. Like everyone else I had a hard time trying to lose weight in the past....I'd lose it and gain it back when things got too hard. I don't really have many friends and the ones I do have I can't really count on them for support. It always seemed like as soon as I would decide I wanted to lose weight, one of my friends would invite me out for dinner or drinks and no matter how many times I say NO they coutinued to ask, but you guys already know how friends are when their determinded to get you out and especially when they aren't trying to lose weight; they always use their famous line; " Oh come on it's only one night you can start over tomorrow!'' You guys know you've heard it or something simular lol, and like always I do, but don't start back up with my diet. So this time like everytime I'm determinded to stick with it and you wanna know a little secert I've learned recently....DON'T TELL ANYONE,ANYTHING. That's the main reason I joined MFP so I could at least have some to talk to and rant to. So....Yeah that's my story hope I can make some new friends and get tons of advise from you guys.
  • Allyhoban
    Options
    I'll be 27 in February. I've been married for over 2 years and we just had our daughter in August. I also have a 5 year old from a previous relationship. I joined MFP at the end of November I believe, and realized that starting a weight loss program and eating healthy during December is definitely not ideal. But once Christmas was over, I jumped on the band wagon. I gained a bit of extra weight over the month so I started out at 176.5 lbs and my goal weight is 135 lbs. I started doing Ripped in 30 and I have many swear words for Jillian Michaels, but reading and seeing results, I'm confident I'll love her at the end ;)
  • raecork
    raecork Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I will be 38 in April. I am a mom of 4 spanning from 12 years to 5 months, I am currently on maternity leave from a job I love, so I tend to struggle with mom guilt, because somedays I would rather be at work. I just joined MFP yesterday, after I ate some left over cake at 10 AM in the morning. I have fallen into a rut of no exercise and poor eating. I am hoping to motivate myself, I have always considered myself active and healthy, but not in the last few months at least. I used to run 6 days a week, and go hiking all the time with my husband. My current weight bounces from day to day between 160-165. Which is the heaviest I have been while not pregnant. I would love to loose 20lbs, but more importantly I would love not to jiggle when I chase down my 3 year old, and more importantly I would love to ditch this mommy muffin that has cropped up around the top of my pants. I have told myself since I was 30 that I would love to run a marathon before I am 40, I am fine with a 1/2 marathon, but I would still love to say I have done this. I look forward to tracking my progress on MFP and hopefully make some other mommy friends along the way.
  • Mamaslovebugs
    Options
    My name is Candy and I am 33.I am also a wife and mother of two boys,who inspire me everyday to do my best. my husband and I have been happily married for 11yrs.we live in North Carolina.the reason I joined Myfitnesspal is to find support and encouragement from others during my weight loss journey.my husband is very supportive of me as well.
  • layfield101
    Options
    Hello, my name is Christina. I have a daughter who is almost 5, and a son who just turned 1. I am also a wife, I have been married for about a year and a half. I am glad I joined this group. I was overweight prior to having children, but I gained more with having 2. My goal weight is 150. I have a long way to go, and tend to get discouraged too often. I live in ohio, and also work full time. Any encouragement would be appreciated so much!
  • layfield101
    Options
    Does anyone have any good recipes to share?
  • Bminor28
    Bminor28 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 31 and have a 6 month old daughter at home. I would love to lose this weight and feel confidant about my body again - especially before getting preggers with my next one!
  • Bminor28
    Options
    hi - I have some good recipes, what type of thing are you looking for?
    here is a yummy bean salad that I like - it reminds me of summer so I like to eat it when it is cold and dreary

1 can great northern beans drained
    1 can black beans drained and rinsed
    1 can sweet corn
    1 bunch of cilantro, washed and chopped (stems too)
    1 red pepper chopped up small
    1 bunch of green onions chopped up small
    2 limes, zest and juice
    several tbs of good olive oil – to taste

Sever with pita chips (simply naked ones are good)
  • Bminor28
    Options
    You can do it! I know the feeling, "mom guilt". I am just working part time (I have a 6 month old at home) and it is hard to leave her but when I am at my job (I love my job) I start to think how much I like it and how I would like to go back to full time. But hen I come home and see her little face and I can't bring myself to do it. I keep telling myself, when she is a little older.. then I can get back to work.
    I like to run too, and would love to do a marathon one day - the best I have ever done is a 5K
    good luck!
    B
  • Bminor28
    Options
    You can do it Candy!
  • criss1210
    Options
    Hi ladies, my is Crystal and I'm 29 yrs old. I have 4 little ones, 9 yr old son, and 3 girls (7, 4 & 19 mths) and I have been married for almost 10 years. I started out young lol. I have been on MFP steadily for about 3-4 mths now. My goal is to lose at least 20 lbs or get to a size 6, whichever comes first. I try not to pay too much attention to the scale numbers but I have to admit it's hard! I just try to tell myself that it's always better to lose inches (of course!) than lose numbers. I'm hoping to lose 10 lbs by March which is my anniversary!
  • katlynn616am
    katlynn616am Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!

I'm Kate, 20 years old and the mother to my 18 month old Timothy! I have been married for almost 2 years. My son, husband and I are located in a rural area of Oregon! We may or may not be moving soon. I have been on MFP for a few months, I lost some weight but gained it back...plus some. I'm still 30 pounds above my pre pregnancy weight! Before I became a mother I was in a size 4 pant, and weighed 135. I currently am in an 8 and 163 pounds. I can't wait to drop this weight!
  • smickey827
    smickey827 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey girls,

I am 33 years old. I have 3 kids, 13, 4 and 3. I have never been able to shred the baby weight put on by the two latest boys! I have been married 6 years and am a full time language teacher who works 9-9. I am the biggest I have ever been! I hate it but having suffered post natal depression, struggle a lot. I am size 14.
  • 2befitmommy2
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm 37, a working mom in the medical field. I have a 15 month old. Ive been on MFP since Jan 2013 ( had to add a new account bc I couldnt remember my email). Tyring to lose post baby wt plus some. Im a size 12 and a size 10 on a good day, but short 5'4. My muscle tone sucks and I cant even talk about my belly post baby. Before pregnancy I ran a good three miles a few times a week and did JM video-they are the best for fast result. Now, I just need to work in work, being a mom and becoming fit. Im looking foward to sharing and learning from you all.
  • mrswilliams91
    mrswilliams91 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My names Nette. I'm new to myfitnesspal! Just started yesterday and I'm very excited!! I'm currently doing p90x!! I'm also wanting to do the 30 day squat challenge! I have a 3 month old son!! I'm married. We're both active duty Air Force.

I dont have a pic yet but its coming soon.

I need some friends :-(

People that will motivate me and want the same in return!!
  • chanel1twenty
    chanel1twenty Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hello, Super Moms! My name is Chanel and I'm 21 years-old. I having a darling 14 month-old daughter and a handsome 7 week-old son. I'm a busy, busy lady-that's for sure! I'm new to MFP, and already addicted. Talk about the greatest method to keep me on track! This is just the type of system I need! Having two children under 2 years-old most definitely makes exercising difficult. One's napping, the other is awake. One's crying, the other needs a diaper change so badly my eyes are burning. Etc, etc, etc. My fiance' is the most supportive man, and does what he can to help me be able to work out regularly. Walking/jogging with one or both of them in the stroller is the easiest workout I can accomplish. That and taking them to the park. When my older one is napping and I only have to worry about my newborn, I can usually squeeze in a good amount of time on my Wii Fit (which I HIGHLY recommend for busy mommas. I was, and remain to be, very impressed by it).
    I'm eager for friends for support, advice, tips, motivation, inspirational success stories, and accountabili-buddies!
    I'm very excited to meet my fellow getting-healthy-mommas! Can't wait to talk to you all!
    -Chanel
  • CourtneyHollinger
    CourtneyHollinger Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm Courtney and I have 2 beautiful girls. Kaydence is 3 yrs old and Jolene is 8 weeks old. I have been on here for about a year and when I found out I was pregnant I stepped away but stayed very good to my diet. I only gained 30 lbs with our second daughter and now I am back on to get me back. This fat body suit just isnt working and I am ready to try to find me in the mirror again. :) I have a wonderful supportive husband and we have been married just shy of 4 yrs (May 2nd). I have at least 50 + lbs to lose and MFP is awesome!