The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread

Options

Replies

• baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm from Montana. Don't know if that technically counts as the Pacific Northwest, but it's definitely not the Midwest. Maybe we're just considered the West :happy:

What part of Montana? It's a big state. :smile:

I have grandparents in Nye (nearish to Red Lodge) and they just consider themselves West. But I have friends in Kalispell that consider themselves part of the PacNW.

I used to live in Missoula (2 hrs. south of Kalispell) but I just moved to Billings a few years ago (45 min. from Nye). Maybe that's where my confusion comes in!

Well... you do have that whole Rocky Mountains to the Plains thing going.

Welcome to the group, regardless.
  • jacobhammond
    Options
    Hey, Jacob here. Grew up in northern CA (Humboldt), lived in Portland and currently holding it down in Medford, Oregon.
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Hey, Jacob here. Grew up in northern CA (Humboldt), lived in Portland and currently holding it down in Medford, Oregon.

I love Meford. My mom lives there so we visit quite often.
  • jacobhammond
    Options
    I love Meford. My mom lives there so we visit quite often.

I really like it here too. My wife and I have lived all over during the past eight years and this is the place we chose to plant roots.
  • tlhart79
    Options
    Hey all! I'm Tyra and I'm brand new ot myfitnesspal (just joined about 10 minutes ago). I live in Lakewood (Washington) and have been a PNW-er for the last 10 years. I love it here! I've got about 60 lbs to lose and I'm starting Power90 today. I can't wait to get to know you guys and hope to talk more soon!
    Take care!
  • tim_jennings
    tim_jennings Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Tim and I live in Ellensburg, WA. I have been using MFP since January 31st 2011 and just found this group. I lost 60 lbs between January and June and have been struggling (loosing and gaining the same 5 lbs) ever since. Hoping that getting more involved in the MFP forums will help provide me with the motivation I need.
  • tim_jennings
    tim_jennings Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    HEY!! **waves**
    Your token Gritty Tacoman here!! Technically a Tacoma transplant as I grew up in a tiny little town southwest of here. Rainier WA, no it's not by the mountain and no, I'm not surprised you don't know where it is. It's OK. :wink:

I moved to Tacoma 13 years ago and I love it here. Yes, I love Tacoma more than Seattle. It's so much grittier and once you've been around for a while you realize what a small town it really is. I live in the Stadium district and enjoy runs through Wright's Park, the Waterfront, and Point Defiance on a regular basis.

I know exactly where Rainier is, my best freind grew up there. Quite a nice little town. His mom still lives there.
  • starwhisperer
    Options
    Greetings Everyone! My name is Tanya I currently live in the coastal town of Neskowin, OR (just moved here last month from NC (We are military not from there lol) and will only be here until next fall when we relocate to Fort Lewis, WA. Can't wait :-) What I have seen of the Tacoma/Seattle area I loved (very briefly visiting years back). We are excited to have it be my husbands next duty station after being stuck in the South for 4 1/2 years! Originally I am from CA but we were stationed 4 years in upstate NY before NC so we have gotten around! So glad to find this group

We are military too, and moving to Fort Lewis next month, from Fort Bragg NC! The military truly is a tiny town isn't it? Anyway I am so excited to move to the West Coast and give the area a try.
  • CoastieGMWife
    Options
    Hi all. Bremerton here, but like a few others we are military so moving is always a looming reality. I'm originally from so. Ca but absolutley love it here. Hoping and praying we can stay in this area as long as possible. Feel free to friend me, and I would LOVE meeting other people nearby for motivation, workouts, and/or friendship. :)
  • snazzy_mcgee
    Options
    I'm Denise! Twenty-seven years old from southern Oregon.
  • mwilson57
    mwilson57 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Megan, I grew up in Eugene, Or. Went to school at U of O, then started traveling for work and ended up settling in Jackson Hole, WY a few years ago (or maybe I just fell in the Hole and haven't found my way out yet...). Everyday I miss the greenery of the PNW, but the mountains here are beautiful! And as much as I don't like the snow out here, I'll take a dry snowy winter over a wet rainy winter any day. I do not miss the humid cold of the PNW. BBRRR!
  • shawnscott5
    shawnscott5 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Shawn. My husband and I live here in White City, Oregon (down by Medford) formerly known as Camp White to the military people. Our town used to be where they held the POW's. Look up Camp White, very interesting!!!! We have 5 children, and the Rogue Valley is the best place we have found to raise them. Always looking for new friends, add me if you would like!
  • amfeierabend74
    Options
    Hi everyone!

My name is Anne. I live in Kenmore Washington. Right at the top of Lake Washington. I have literally lived all up and down the I-5 freeway at one time or another. Just moved to Kenmore a year ago. Work in Kirkland.
  • tribalmama
    Options
    Hi! My name is Victoria, I live in Beaverton, Oregon (near the Nike headquarters). Originally from New York, but lived in California for 20 years. I am 48, a single mom of three and a dog who is very needy!:laugh:
  • welovetea
    Options
    Hi. :smile: I'm in Salem, Oregon. I teach philosophy & religion, and I am a book editor. Nice to see so many PNWs on here!
  • MelKut
    MelKut Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Melania, and I live about halfway between Salem and Portland, Oregon....
  • diananaidan06
    diananaidan06 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello there. Diana from Everett, WA. Been with MFP since August, but this is my first time to be checking out the community here. After posting my intro on the main message board I was told there was group for the PNW....I am so glad to see this. :-)
  • stroken96
    stroken96 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Hello, I live in Aloha Oregon, I'm 52 years old.
  • VeggieKelli
    VeggieKelli Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I'm all over the NW! Born in Port Angeles, Wa, moved down to Battle Ground, lived in Portland, Oregon for a little bit, now I'm finishing up my three years in Ellensburg, Wa for uni before I return to Portland, Oregon! I love the northwest!!
  • rsouthland
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm from the Bellingham, WA area. I'm a life long resident to the NW.