What do you ride?

Options

Replies

• Jenn_W
    Jenn_W Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Just got my new ride today.... 2011 Globe Roll 1. Was commuting (around 15miles 5 days a week) with a pile of junk from Wal-Mart. This was long over due. I currently have it so I can coast... but hopefully soon I will be comfortable to switch it over to a fixie.
  • broadsword7
    broadsword7 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Just got my new ride today.... 2011 Globe Roll 1. Was commuting (around 15miles 5 days a week) with a pile of junk from Wal-Mart. This was long over due. I currently have it so I can coast... but hopefully soon I will be comfortable to switch it over to a fixie.

Congrats Jenn. Globe Rolls are cool lookin bikes! Flip flob hub, right? I have to admit I keep my single speed on the coasting hub almost all the time, but that's how I roll (pardon the pun!).
  • Jenn_W
    Jenn_W Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Congrats Jenn. Globe Rolls are cool lookin bikes! Flip flob hub, right? I have to admit I keep my single speed on the coasting hub almost all the time, but that's how I roll (pardon the pun!).
    [/quote]

Yes on the flip flob hub... And it is a good looking bike. I am in love. :)
  • thcri
    thcri Posts: 459 Member
    Options

Nice Bike. Enjoy it.
  • shaneNSW
    shaneNSW Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I ride a Fuji Roubaix 3.0, I have only been into cycling for about 6 months.
  • bethlikesbikes
    Options
    My bikes:

Cannondale Synapse Hi Mod Carbon
    Cannondale Mona Vie cyclocross
    Kona King Kikapu (full sus.)
    Kona Cinder Cone (hardtail)
  • ebramlett
    ebramlett Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    91 Cannondale M-500 Had it since my freshman year in college, completely restored this spring. I have some pics of it on my page.
  • StuAblett
    StuAblett Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    I have a 1988 Cannondale SM700 MTB that has been just about everything possible, I'm currently converting it into a single speed...

1988_cannondale_sm500_restored-1.jpg
    The old Crack N Fail dressed up as a city bike.

I bought a Charge Mixer 8 this last January to do my trailer tugging duties.....

trailer_hitch_ver_2_5.jpg
    Strong steel frame, disc brakes, 8 speed Alfine hub, this bike is really good for this job, great city bike too!

and my third ride is what I call a "Lrrb", or "Long Ride Road Bike", this is not a touring bike, nor is it a racing bike.
    958081ef-1.jpg
    I got an NOS steel frame here, most likely a late 80's frame and I cobbled together some new, some old and some donated parts.
    The slightly relaxed steel frame with the Brooks B17 saddle means I can ride this bike all day and not get beat up. The Lrrb cost me less than $600 all told, not bad in my books, and it is a really nice ride, not the lightest, not the quickest, but enjoyable.

Cheers!
  • Ant_M76
    Ant_M76 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just joined this group.

My bikes are:

The daily commuter / utility: Concorde 'PDM Team replica' (105)
    The posh weekend road bike: Verenti Millook (Rival)
    The hack: Dawes Audax 2001 (Tiagra)
    The MTB: Giant Revel 2 (Acera)
    The Hybrid: Specialized Globe 09 (Altus)
  • jhalsey205
    jhalsey205 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Bottecchia carbon fiber frame with dura-ace components

bottecchia2.jpg
  • StuAblett
    Options
    Bottecchia carbon fiber frame with dura-ace components

bottechia.jpg

bottechia.jpg

Very nice bike!

BTW, you have to change the IMG tags to img a quirk in the software here, also the pics should be a max width of 450 pixles.

Nice bike!
  • jhalsey205
    jhalsey205 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    BTW, you have to change the IMG tags to img a quirk in the software here, also the pics should be a max width of 450 pixles...

Got it. Thanks
  • eddie8131
    eddie8131 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I ride a 2006 Trek 7500 Hybrid Bike. It works for me due to my weight. I have already done 2 centuries on it, one flat and one more hilly and like to ride longer distance rides 20-60 miles during the warm months.
  • bsexton3
    bsexton3 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I become a collector today. My dad always says it takes three to be a collector.
    Bikes:
    1991 Novara Espresso (REI hybrid)
    2011 Specialize Roubaix SL3 (bought an '09 but frame broke so this is a replacement.)
    2006? Trek 520 (bought on eBay with panniers and gear)

Actually spending Thanksgiving at my in-laws and the bike is in the same town. Will pick up later today.
  • StuAblett
    Options
    I become a collector today. My dad always says it takes three to be a collector.
    Bikes:
    2011 Specialize Roubaix SL3 (bought an '09 but frame broke so this is a replacement.)

Actually spending Thanksgiving at my in-laws and the bike is in the same town. Will pick up later today.

Congrats on the new addition to the stable!

I think the Trek 520 is one of "THE" touring bikes!
  • broadsword7
    broadsword7 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Bikes:

I need to test ride a Trek 520. I am sooo undecided on how to go on building up a touring bike for next year. The more I read, the more addled my brain gets. To me, the true test is just to get out and ride, then decide. So I will be doing a lot of that!
  • bsexton3
    bsexton3 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks. I have always heard if you are touring look at the 520. I took my old Novara for a summer of riding in Europe three years ago. Got this for that dreamed of trip across America.

Came with four panniers, front and rear packs, sleeping bag, box of clothing barely used, cateyes, pump, etc. Pretty much set for touring. Now to plan this summer's touring trip.
  • CDGolden
    CDGolden Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    My rides look like this:

Rode Ride: Orbea Onix
    Commuter / Cross: Surly Crosscheck
    Fixie / townie: Motobecane Fantom Cross Uno
    Mountain: Santa Cruz Chameleon
  • janet_pratt
    janet_pratt Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Trek 1.5 WSD for road biking.
    REI Novara Corsa that has my granddaughter's Kangaroo seat attached to it
    My original Schwinn High Timber 2.6FS that I started out on and found out I loved biking. It's held up great and I still use it for running errands because it has a rack and panniers.
  • oferell1964
    oferell1964 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    25 years ago, I blew out my knee doing an MS150. I put the bike away (okay, it got stolen), I porked out, got slow and haven't touched a bike since... until I went low carb, dropped 30 pounds and found myself craving a bicycle again.

My "new" ride is a 1996 Specialized RockHopper that I picked up off of Craigslist for $40. Sure, it needs some tweaking (new saddle, tires, bar ends, etc.),,, but for what I've put into it? Hell, it's a sweet commuter bike now... and if something happens to it, I still have less than $200 bucks in it. I would cry... but not like I would be crying if something happened to a brand new one.

16850159.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools