Favorite Trails

Options
Photoology
Photoology Posts: 121 Member
Where do you run and do you have any favorite places?

I always run at Centennial Lake in Columbia, but am looking to expand out.

Replies

• Chelsmer
    Options
    Centennial park was by far the greatest park I ran in. I wish I could go there more often.
  • bshedwick
    bshedwick Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I love to run on the trail that is up next to Annie's Playground in Joppa. We let the kids play at the playground for a little while, and then go running (or walking).
  • Photoology
    Options
    I really want to try out the BWI trail at some point and this weekend I will find myself up near Towson on the NCR trail... it is just nice to experience new areas.
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    I really like the NCR Trail and B&A, but don't go to either all that often. More often than not, I just stick to the local routes here in Columbia since I can just lace up my shoes and go.

Definitely wouldn't mind branching out a bit for something new, though.
  • Photoology
    Options
    I really like the NCR Trail and B&A, but don't go to either all that often. More often than not, I just stick to the local routes here in Columbia since I can just lace up my shoes and go.

Definitely wouldn't mind branching out a bit for something new, though.

I am the same way about not leaving Columbia... it happens :)
  • smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I believe I walked the centennial park trail (or part of it) a couple years ago. I work in Columbia.

Just found a new trail near my house (Owings Mills) that I'm going to try out this weekend. Red Run Valley Stream, looks nice.
  • rmqt
    rmqt Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    The Columbia Association sells maps of all of the trails in Columbia. I found this out after getting miserably lost last summer :) Patapsco Park has some beautiful trails, but beware of the mud factor. And, as always, running alone.
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    My anne arundel friends and I laugh about Howard county-ites not leaving their precious county! Come to the b& a trail and quiet waters park and the naval academy ( the mids can be a great motivator!) . Want a really challenging course? Pull up the course for the Annapolis 10 miler - the scenery from the bridge MIGHT make you forget what a ****ch it is!