FAVORITE TYPEFACES & GRAPHIC DESIGNERS!

Options
Hello!

Everyone should add their favorite Typeface, and favorite Graphic Designer. Also, maybe your name. A link to your portfolio, if you like.... and your favorite Pantone Color =]

Yayyyy Graphic Design!

Replies

• apple2007
    apple2007 Posts: 1
    Options
    My name is Eliza.

I'm a fan of san-serifs. I know its sooo original and everything, but I LOVE helvetica.
    My favorite pantone color? I don't know, I love the whole dang book! (I like looking at them old school instead of onscreen)
    I don't have a favorite designer really, but I do love to appreciate great design!

I don't have a link to my portfolio yet, because I really need a new layout for my website. I plan to work on that really soon.

How about you?
  • Sunnyday13
    Sunnyday13 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Ok, let me just say that finding this group is utterly awesome! As for my favorite typeface, I've been a really big fan of Gill Sans for awhile though I've been building my own typefaces when I can't find what I'm looking for. Makes life so much easier. I can't pick a pantone color since I hate playing color favorites and I'm an overall colorful person.

I have to agree with Eliza, I don't have fav designer but I loooooveee design and illustrations. One my favorite sites is GoMedia.com even though there's so many more out there.
  • thecrasslass
    thecrasslass Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm not sure what my favorite typeface is anymore. I can't seem to stick to any one, but for a while I was really into Adobe Garamond. Now I'm digging this new "Quicksand" font. It varies.

Hmm... favorite designer? I was always a fan of Saul Bass. I love his opening credits, they're beautiful.
  • JRtheNutbar
    JRtheNutbar Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Courier New is my go-to typeface when I don't need a specific one. And my favorite designer is Stefan Sagmeister. If I didn't see him speak at Design Thinkers in November, I prolly would've dropped the program.
  • olivethomasart
    Options
    There is no way I could choose a favorite typeface, that solely depends on what I'm using it for. It has to match the whole design! One of my favorite designers is Marta Dahlig. I hope to be able to make fantasy art like that eventually.
    I think there was a third question... but I don't remember.
    Anywho, I love logos probably more than typography (though the two go hand in hand). Like I said, I'd love to make great fantasy digital art eventually - but need to work on my drawing skills. It's a work in progress. One of my goals is to make a graphic novel. I love the oil painting digital style.
    My ever in progress website is: http://olivethomas.wix.com/otart

Feel free to msg/fr me! :D I need graphic design friends!!!!!