hello

Options
lindasain
lindasain Posts: 163 Member
I wanted to start this group for I think after 50 years young it is not so easy to lose those extra pounds. I have lost 60 pounds in a year but struggles with my last fifty pounds.. so ideas are helpful. Join this group and lets post to let everyone to hear about your day.

Replies

• mynika
    mynika Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I am 54 years old, and love MFP so much. I have lost 18 pounds and have been here since the end of May. But as they say, slow and steady wins the race. So I am here for the long haul, and I am here for you as well. :flowerforyou:
  • lindasain
    lindasain Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Welcome to our group.. you are in the right place:smile:
  • mynika
    Options
    Good morning! hope your day is going great, mine will be busy, I am preparing to have a Putting on the Ritz party tonight at my church, we are bringing fingerfoods prepared for the holidays, and will be demonstrating decorating for the holidays and cooking. HELP.... LOL But we will have a great time, and I will be good. Salad for lunch LOL. ((hugs))
  • mynika
    Options
    By the way, my name is Terri.. I have lost 18 pounds and have at least 95 more to go, so I do have a long way to go, but will be here for the long haul.. What kind of excercises do you like to do and what seems to help you the most with your weight loss?
  • 2dogsnocats
    Options
    Hi, I'd like to join the group! I'm 53 and would like to lose this "spare tire" I'm carrying around! I would like to lose about 60 lbs. I've been using MFP for a week and have lost 9 lbs in first week! We are having a fifteen week challenge at work which is really motivating, although I'm only in third place with 9 lbs lost! The woman in first place is in her 30's, the one in second place is in her 20's.....b#@*$#es!! Just kidding!
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    Is like to join. I joined MFP earlier this year - about a month before my 50th birthday. So far I've lost 40 pounds, and with the colder weather and the time change, am finding it hard to stay focused and keep up with exercising like I was on the summer.

I want to lose 30 more pounds, and need some new motivation.
  • casi_ann
    casi_ann Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm cheryl, I'm 52 years old and I have 100 pounds to lose. I hate exercise and love to eat. So this is not going to be easy for me. I've been doing MFP for 3 weeks and lost 10 pounds so far.
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Hi all, :flowerforyou: I'm Sue, I'll be 60 in April (when the heck did that happen????), and if I'm being completely honest, I need to lose 45-50. My goal is actually 40 pounds and I'll see how I am feeling/looking once I get there. I do agree tho that it's much harder to lose weight since turning 50!

I'm a low-carber who falls off the wagon too easily, I have a 12 hour work day with my commute from home to NYC, and I have to make time to exercise more. I walk to/from Penn Station up to Times Square 2x each day (1 mile total) and except for days where I have to drive, I've commited to that walk Monday - Friday. Not much but a start. The other thing I do now is 10 minutes of legs (squats, lunges, lifts) or 10 minutes of arms/shoulders (5 lb weights curls, pull ups and side lifts) each day.

I've been here about 3 weeks I guess! I never logged food before and was careless about snacking, especially when travelling, and I've seen where that is my downfall! This helps me be honest, and after a couple of false starts, I am making better choices and saying no to the desserts etc.

Glad I've found you all, and looking forward to getting to know you!
    :wink:
  • alienblonde1
    alienblonde1 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Hey I found it! I am here and I am 51 lost 24lbs which means 25% of the weight I need to lose is gone! Its coming off slowly.
  • mynika
    Options
    Hi everybody that joined, we can do this... it is coming off slowly but I know that they say slower is better. I hope you all have a wonderful week ahead. great to meet you all! Let's keep on keeping on :drinker: