Lunch anyone?

Lunch is a tough one for me. My husband works afternoons a few days a week so we get up later so breakfast is actually at lunch time and lunch is dinner. I usually just count the 5 small meals whenever they end up being. We're a bit more traditional on days he is home for dinner.

Replies

• Hmmmmm....I always take my lunch to work these days (too expensive to buy every day) I try to vary it up each day - I have found being 49 I can't seem to eat bread like I used to so a sandwich is out of the question - I either have salad in summer with egg or chicken (some form of protein ) or soup in winter (which is warm and filling) :flowerforyou:
  • chedges9090
    chedges9090 Posts: 208 Member
    I have been switching it up. Usually get stuck on one thing for a week, and then find something new. I will say that I really like the Boca Chicken Patties (esp the Spicy ones). I put it on a Healthy Choice bun with some banana peppers and mustard. YUM. .. I either eat veggies or a salad with it. ANd, often I will eat some sugar free jello with light cool whip (only 30 calories!)

Quick and easy !
  • debdptg
    debdptg Posts: 94 Member
    Lunch is my big meal of the day. I usually get food from the Chinese deli in my building, then eat at my desk. Teriyaki chicken, steamed veggies, fruit, maybe a little seafood salad. Tasty. I try to keep the calories below 500 (it is my big meal of the day!).
  • CathiAnne
    CathiAnne Posts: 193 Member
    Sometimes I'll do a Lean Cuisine for the high potassium count. I've checked my sodium levels and I don't come close to the maximum for calorie intake so that area is fine. In the winter I have homemade soup of some sort. In the summer it is salad with some protein. I love pasta (Dreamfield's) and my favorite comfort food lunch is spaghetti (Dreamfield's) with 1/2 c spaghetti sauce and 6 turkey meatballs. YUMMY. I have something different every day so I don't get bored.
  • groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    I like the low carb wraps...you can pretty much shove anything into them and they are high fiber. I usually stuff them with tuna or my homemade chicken salad
  • chedges9090
    chedges9090 Posts: 208 Member
    I like the low carb wraps...you can pretty much shove anything into them and they are high fiber. I usually stuff them with tuna or my homemade chicken salad

Can you tell me a brand of wraps? I don't know what to look for..
  • samantha1953
    samantha1953 Posts: 156 Member
    Mine are La Tortilla Factory. They were right with the regular tortillas in the Mexican Food aisle. 20 carbs but then 12 are fiber so net carb is only 8.
  • CathiAnne
    CathiAnne Posts: 193 Member
    Mission brand has a carb smart tortilla also.
  • I usually take leftovers from home when I have them, if not I have been taking a frozen :either Healthy Choice, or Smart ones. Work's food in the cafeteria is out of the question since I never know what is in it.( high everything) I take lots of fruit to work when I can, because I have to eat about every 3 hrs. small amounts. clif bars or nuts help alot. Sometimes I eat one of those bars for lunch.If I plan ahead, and it is tasty, it does not matter what I eat. It is all good, as long as I keep losing. :wink: