Wednesday Daily Chat 11/9

Options
UrbanRunner81
UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
Chit chat about training for the day and other randomness.

Replies

• ClarkMer
    ClarkMer Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Light workout planned for today... walk around work for about an hour and after dinner I'm gonna try yoga for the first time!
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Have fun with Yoga!

I want to try to get some TurboFire or a HIIT workout in today. Hamstrings still tight, maybe if I do a good workout followed by a 40 minute stretch, I will be back to normal??

Of course, it's raining and rain just makes me feel lazy and want to curl up with a good book...
  • sharonsjones
    sharonsjones Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to any running the rest of the week. I am resting for the half on Sunday. I'm really going to have a hard time with that, because I usually run 4 to 5 days a week.
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    I think I am going to aim for 4 miles tonight. I haven't ran since my 10 miler on Sunday due to some issues with my feet and shins. I've mostly been cross training since. Hopefully it's nothing and tonight's run will go ok.
  • bjbixler
    bjbixler Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    4 miles down this morning. A cute little beagle decided to join me for a short ways, no owner in sight initially. I was getting worried bc I was approaching a busy main road. Eventually I saw the owner though, trying to find his dog and helped him corral her. So, needless to say my time/pace was a little slow, but it was for a good cause :)
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to any running the rest of the week. I am resting for the half on Sunday. I'm really going to have a hard time with that, because I usually run 4 to 5 days a week.

You're gonna do great. I generally do yoga on my rest days before a race, just to keep good and stretched out.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I started the day with Asylum: Speed and Agility. I am hoping to run short 3-5 miles at lunch hour if I can get out of here. And I have my new Tai Chi class tonight.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Training schedule for this week is 2-3 miles MWF, so I'll do my 4.5 mile loop again today :laugh:
  • skemery
    skemery Posts: 100
    Options
    Going to try Body Works plus Abs at the gym tonight. Hopefully it will be fun enough that I won't realize I'm lifting weights!
  • gavini
    gavini Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    wednesday is kind of a hectic day for me workout wise.

5am bike to work -25 miles.
    5pm take the train most of the way home then bike from the station - 8 miles
    630p relaxed run with my running club - 5 miles

todays morning run was hampered by a headwind for most of it so it was annoyingly slow. it was also really cold out there today with about 2 miles to go and it read 49, and it was sunny and a lot warmer by that time
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I ran for the first time in a month! I did only 1.5 miles but my foot feels fine, so going to ease back into it. I may take a 3 mile run tomorrow and go to the gym later.

Anyway I got an hour on the elliptical as well plus strength training: biceps, triceps and glutes.
  • sharonsjones
    sharonsjones Posts: 574 Member
    Options

You're gonna do great. I generally do yoga on my rest days before a race, just to keep good and stretched out.

Thank you for the encouragment and the tip. I am really nervous and excited!
  • mandy_lynn
    mandy_lynn Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I did the bike and cross trainer today. My hip is still being a little stubborn after my run yesterday, so I wanted to loosen it up a bit.
  • Dragonfly1996
    Dragonfly1996 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I did 5k tonight on the treadmill - in my quickest time!!. Did 10 last Sunday on the road & have 11 to do this weekend - eek!! All training for my 2nd half at the end of the month. :happy:
  • Photoology
    Photoology Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    A rest day... I think the cold air finally got to me last night after doing an hour on hills...
  • TLW77
    TLW77 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Rest day for me today!
  • bregalad5
    Options
    Had a really great 3.8 mile run today! Felt super comfy, which makes me feel good about my 5k on Saturday :smile:
  • bregalad5
    Options
    after doing an hour on hills...

eew :sick:
  • chefdan
    chefdan Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Ran 5.3 miles today, hills on the bike and weights tomorrow.
  • Tommyboi682
    Tommyboi682 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Getting ready for my first half marathon in Feb, been doing 3 - 4 miles M-THUR and long runs on sat for 8-12 miles. Any suggestions for preparing for one...