supermarket bargains

Options
whiskey9890
whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
thought i'd start a thread where we can post information regarding where to get the best value for our food stuffs, nothing worse than buying something at tesco and finding out it was half price at asda.

tesco have slashed the price of wholewheat pasta as part of the price drop, they are currently selling 500g bags of penne pasta for 22p (it was in the region of 84p, but got reduced to 44p so may return to this sort of price eventually)

Replies

• emilyajones
    Options
    Excellent idea :). Ill keep an eye out!
    One thing I will say about tesco is that last month they were selling r whites lemonade at 80p for a 2 litre bottle but now as part of their price drop its £1 down from £1.10 !!
  • lilyinlove
    lilyinlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Anyone have a Lidl store near them, that's where I do almost all of my shopping. The price for good quality meat and fresh veg that's in season is unbeatable!!
  • hannydee
    hannydee Posts: 246
    Options
    Anyone have a Lidl store near them, that's where I do almost all of my shopping. The price for good quality meat and fresh veg that's in season is unbeatable!!
    Aldi is really good for fresh fruit & veg too.
  • whiskey9890
    Options
    tesco again
    pilgrims choice vintage farmhouse cheddar (nice and strong so you don't need too much) - £4.49, buy one get 2 free until 15th nov
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately we don't have Lidl, but we do have Aldi. Not as good of course, but also the home of bulk-bargains.
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Tesco are selling whole chickens half price... I got a large one for £3!!!
  • bayles1
    bayles1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Salmon Fillet's are half price at Morrison's this week.
  • jellybeans13
    jellybeans13 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I got emailed this and thought of this thread (although not all the food is healthy or good for losing weight!)

http://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/money/galleries/32951/Supermarket-savers
  • whiskey9890
    Options
    ok so this one isn't food but just been into aldi and they have got some winter sportswear for running and cycling in, at further reduced prices, i picked up a very unfashionable but very practical ear warmer for £1.49, they had gloves, cycling tops, base layers, cycling trousers etc. they also had socks and i was gutted they didn't have my size cos the socks i got from lidl 10 years ago are only just getting a bit naff
  • Matttdvg
    Matttdvg Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    There is a Lidl near me, and I only ever went there once and was unimpressed so never went back. Maybe I just went there on a bad day. I might have to check it out again sometime.
  • britesideoflife
    britesideoflife Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm....there is a Lidl opening on our high street tomorrow - I will be checking it out!
  • lozald
    lozald Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi all Tesco are selling Christmas selection boxes for buy 1 get 2 free at £3.00 each!
  • imustbegood
    imustbegood Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Eeeeek at selection boxes the temptation - not sure how long they will last !!!!!