New.. close to 50

Options
chedges9090
chedges9090 Posts: 208 Member
Hi All-- I hope it's ok for me to join your group. I will be 50 next May. I have lost 15pounds being on MFP--and I have about 25 more to go. So, I am just a little bit out of the "criteria" for the group. Hope that's ok. Looking to share with folks my age---as I think we will all have similar issues. We are past some of the Junk--but on to new junk.

Looking forward to sharing with you all-- and learning all I can :)

Replies

• chedges9090
    chedges9090 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Ooops. I didn't do a good job of following directions. My name is Cassy, and I live in St Louis, MO (Go Cardinals!).
    I turn 50 next May. I have 2 sons (17 and 25) , and a step-daughter 14. My husband and I have been married 5yrs... and have the "blended family". He is NOT overweight-- and is 6'4"-- and works outside. So, gets in some excercise each day.. and just eats what he wants. UGH. But, he is very supportive of my quest to lose weight.

I knew I needed to do something, as when I saw myself in some photos (that were taken accidently, as I don't allow that !).. I broke down crying. My husband thought someone had died. This is when he knew that I needed his suppport ;}

I gained about 30 pounds since I have been Married. My husband tells me that he thinks I am beautiful exactly how I am.
    I want to lose weight to like myself more, enjoy clothes shopping, stop wearing the "frump" clothes.. and for my husband to see that I can actually clean up pretty nice :)

Have a great day.
  • benefielddan
    Options
    Welcome to the group. I have found everyone to be interesting and supportive. Looks like you have done a great job so far. Keep up the great work!
    Dan