staying motivated

Options
I hate having it be dark out when I leave work, but have found that if I bring my workout clothes with me - that's the only way to get to the health club. If I go home first, I stay home.

Replies

• drpurl
    drpurl Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    When I worked outside the home, I had to do that too. Now, I watch my shows while on the treadmill if the weather is icky out.
  • nopeekiepeekie
    nopeekiepeekie Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I hear you. It's dark when I start work and dark when I'm done. Luckily for me, I work from home and work out on my lunch break. I would be the same way if I worked out of the home. I'd have to make sure to bring all my gear with me or it'd be me not leaving the house after I got home.
  • beckywilkeherbst
    beckywilkeherbst Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I do that too...and the ones I record, I watch during the day while I force myself to do the free step on the wii. I should be more disciplined about it but try at least a half hour in the morning and afternoon and then evening. Sometimes a jog at night. Trying anyway. It was a great tip given to me by my friend who is a personal trainer in Colorado...keep moving and if you want to treat yourself to your shows, work for it. I like it.
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I get up in the morning and workout to DVD's. I have tried the gym, but it just wasn't for me. I think the biggest modivation for me is my dog, I take her for a walk before I workout. She is a great at doing the wake up call. :wink: I'm a exercise DVD addict by the way. :laugh:
  • gingersd
    Options
    I started MFP and lost about 10 lbs but i also know that I need to get into some kind of exercise routine so I joined a gym and pay a monthly fee and I hope that will keep me motivated until I learn to enjoy exercising
  • Shani262
    Shani262 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I get up in the morning and workout to DVD's. I have tried the gym, but it just wasn't for me. I think the biggest modivation for me is my dog, I take her for a walk before I workout. She is a great at doing the wake up call. :wink: I'm a exercise DVD addict by the way. :laugh:

Me Too! I love working out at home...
  • PedmomJill
    PedmomJill Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    :wink: I'm a exercise DVD addict by the way. :laugh:

She's not kidding.

LOL