Welcome Brides!

Options

Replies

• Emme727
    Emme727 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    getting married in 60+- days: January 21, 2012. We have been engaged since October 2010, but our work schedules kept changing our dates: we are a chef and a baker -- and often cater weddings.... January is a slow month for weddings, so we could actually take time for our own!

I am trying to get toned.... :)
  • Brittany3914
    Brittany3914 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised by the number of ladies who have met their fiance's online! That's fantastic! I also met my fiance, Aaron, on match.com. We had our first date in June 2010, were engaged exactly 8 months after that, and are tying the knot on July 20, 2012!

My name is Brittany. My fiance and I have been engaged since February and have been slow to plan the wedding. I purchased my dress in September, and even though it looks great the size and shape I am now, I'm motivated now more-than-ever to shed some excess bulk.

Happy planning to everyone!
  • andrea_marie3
    andrea_marie3 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Andrea. I met my fiance at church in March 2010, and we got engaged this June. Our wedding date is Aug. 4, 2012 (his parents anniversary). We have all the vendors taken care of (venue, caterer, band, photographer) and we're working on the details now (guest list, ugh!). I ordered an amazing dress, even though I hated the size :) I'm hoping to take it in quite a bit. It also doesn't hurt that it has a corset back. I would like to lose 30 lbs. by the time I go in for my first fitting (around May). As far as websites go, I've been loving Etsy, Pinterest, Weddingwire, and various wedding blogs (Style Me Pretty, Ruffled, Oh Lovely Day, etc...).
    Congrats, everyone, and good luck with your fitness goals!
  • JammiRee
    Options
    Hi Ladies.
    My name is Jamie and I'm from London Ontario. Kevin and I met through friends 5yrs ago and we've been a couple for 3 1/2 yrs and are tying the knot May 26, 2012!
    When we got engaged in February I swore I was going to lose the extra weight, well I didn't. When I bought my wedding dress I was inbetween sizes and told the consultant to order the smaller size because an inch around the middle was no big deal and I swore I was going to lose the extra weight, well I didn't. Now we're 6 months away from the wedding and I'm done saying I didnt'... I'm going to do before saying I do!
    I want to lose 20lbs by my wedding but ultimately I will settle for 15 (see blog).
    Congratulations to all of you... let's make the brides of 2012 the best looking group yet :wink:
  • Avyon
    Avyon Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    It's great to meet everyone and I'm really happy that I'm not alone haha!

My name is Julie and I'm from Washington DC. Chris and I met in college up in VT. We've been together for almost 6 years now and will be married on October 13.

I've been trying to get back in shape for a while now (went from a non desk job to a desk job = lots of weight gain FAST augh!) and getting engaged has inspired me to fit into the dress of my dreams. I've been too scared to even go look at dresses :(.

So I'm hoping that we can all inspire one another and get that weight off! :)

Cheers!

Avy
  • KrisKros6212
    KrisKros6212 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Krista and I'm from Wisconsin. I met me fiance, Matt, by chance (fate) and its all be uphill from there! We've been together for about a year and a half and are getting married on June 2.

I don't have a whole lot to lose, I just am looking to tone up and look good in my bikini on the honeymoon! I already bought my wedding dress and it fit perfectly, so I'm hoping that they'll have some alterations to do by the time the wedding comes around :)
  • KrisKros6212
    KrisKros6212 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Megan!

I got engaged to my fiance Joseph at the end of July after dating for 16 months. Our wedding date is August 11th, 2012 (275 days from today)
    As far as planning goes... we have the Church, hall, photographer, florist, my dress and my bridesmaids dresses (figured out but not ordered).... We're hoping to do cake tastings in the beginning of December and hopefully we'll be booking our DJ VERY shortly... I've been obsessed with theknot.com as well. It's been such a life saver. I don't know what I would do without it to be honest!

And to Izzy- no judgement sweetie! I'm glad you're happy in your engagement! :)

I don't have a whole lot to lose- I'm really just focusing on toning up before the wedding (and beach honeymoon :P)

MEGAN! When I read your post, I thought "my friend megan is getting married on august 11th to a guy names Joseph..." Then I looked at your picture... WOW! Blonde moment!
  • megskin15
    Options
    MEGAN! When I read your post, I thought "my friend megan is getting married on august 11th to a guy names Joseph..." Then I looked at your picture... WOW! Blonde moment!

Krista, you're a dork. I love you. xoxo
  • Lakerlady5747
    Lakerlady5747 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    My name is Pam and my fiance, Matt, and I are getting married on July 14, 2012! We got engaged in February of 2011 after dating for almost 4 years.

I ordered my dress back in June, and have generally stayed the same weight since then. When I ordered my dress, they said I could gain or lose 20-30 pounds, and the dress would still fit perfectly on me. Well, the dress does currently fit perfectly, but I would still like to lose some weight before the wedding. Generally, I want to get healthier overall. So, here I am, back on MFP, hoping to stick with it longer and lose some more weight.

I think this could be a great group for motivating other brides!
  • tchell282
    tchell282 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    My fiance Webster and I are getting married April 14, 2012! Can't believe almost here already! I already have my dress and have lost the weight I wanted to, however does anyone have any good arm/back toning tips?? Thanks!!
  • TNTwedell
    TNTwedell Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies!
    I am continuing the trend
    * met my fiance online
    * dated for 2 years. got engaged in September
    * getting married 8.11.12
    Woo Hoo

I have the venue & the church all set - everything else, not so much.
    Dress shopping has been really frustrating because I dont see the bride I WANT to see in the mirror yet - and honestly, they are SO HEAVY! good lord. I had no idea. Im getting married in August - so I am going to be freaking H.O.T. (and not in the sexy way) haha.
    Photographer still hasnt been booked - even after meeting/interviewing about 7 so far. They are all so expensive. I got 2 seperate quotes for $7-$8k. Mmm. No.
    Until I find one for under $3k, I am not committing to anything ;)

Im really thrilled to be on this site - I just started here about a week ago and have already noticed how much more seriously I am taking my weight-loss journey.
    Thanks to all you for the support I've received so far - and lets all be skinny beautiful brides!
    xoxo
  • TNTwedell
    TNTwedell Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Oh yea - and my name is Taylor :)
  • skinnycap31
    Options
    Hi Everyone! My name is Kamilla!
    I'm a 2012 bride! My wedding date is September 25 2012. Right now, all i have is the venue and photographer. I have a picture of my dream gown on my profile. Met my t fiance/best friend through a co-worker; been together for 5 years and now were getting married. Plus, now i'm graduating college!! I'm excited for everything that is happening in the next coming year.
  • afowler1216
    Options
    My name is Amanda!
    I am getting married July 21, 2012. I already have a dress but considering altering it if I can lose about 50-60 bs by then. We already have everything just have to get the invites and program made but other than that we are ready to get married today.
  • shlobiwan
    shlobiwan Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I have a pretty unique name and am still paranoid about it all over the interwebs (sorry), so let's just call me Shlobee.

I'm getting married on June 21, 2012 and having a bigger ceremony/reception two days later.

I originally met my fiance when we were teenagers but didn't really know him. I met him again just over four years ago and we've been engaged for about a year and a half.

I'm not wearing a formal wedding gown. I'm not sure what colour it will be, and it may not even be a dress. Everyone who knows me probably would be shocked to see me walk down the aisle in a white ball gown.... I've thrown a bunch of information at a designer who is coming up with three sketches for me in the near future.

I'd love to lose a minimum of 15 pounds (wow, that sound so achievable when I say it that way) and up to 35 pounds. I have 7 months! And then I have the rest of my life :)
  • ClariRose
    ClariRose Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Clarissa and my fiance is Rey. My father introduced us via facebook after meeting him in person and becoming friends in Nov 2009. In March 2010, Rey and I started corresponding. I visited him in the Philippines in February and came home engaged. We have tentatively set the date for 13 July 2012 but it depends a lot of when he gets his VISA.

I've planned just about everything for the wedding, though I haven't purchased anything other than sewing patterns. I'm planning to make my own dress.

I submitted the petition for his VISA in August 2011 and we are expecting to receive approval in about a month.
  • ClariRose
    ClariRose Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping for lose 50-60 pounds eventually and as much of that as possible before the wedding. I want it to stay off when it comes off, so I'm making changes slowly. "Slow and steady wins the race."
  • BassesGirl
    BassesGirl Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

My name is Jenn and my wedding date is tentatively Oct. 13th, 2012. My Fiance Darryl have been together for 1yr 4mo and I met through drum corps, we both march with the San Francisco Renegades (he's a drummer and I'm in guard). We're looking at our *hopfully* venue this Friday in San Francisco on Treasure Island.

Haven't started shopping for a dress yet, but I know what I want. I'm looking to lose about 20 lbs before my wedding (and hopefully a good portion of that before dress shopping in the end of February! :)
  • lawmama_
    lawmama_ Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I'm getting married on November 3, 2012! Got the dress, got the venue, got the cake, got the photographer. Still tasting caterers.

Really need help with decor - I just don't have time to do it! I want to hire someone but I am not sure I can afford it! I wonder how much it'll cost.
  • Trell_Bell
    Options
    Hi everyone!! My name is Chantell, I'm from MN and I am getting married on 9-29-12!! I got engaged on 11-11-11. I met my fiance at a speed dating event (no joke!! It was a lot of fun!!) and we have been together for 19 months as of yesterday!

I am looking to lose the 30 pounds I gained since I met him by our wedding date and another 10 by our honeymoon in Nov. 2012.

Looking forward to getting to know and support/motivate everyone!!

Biggest things I need to work on is healthy eating and portion control. I workout a lot, but the eating is what I need to work on. My fiance works in the restaurant industry and as you can probably guess we eat out A LOT!! So that needs to change too!

Feel free to add me as a friend.