• hadapurpura
    Options
    Hi, my name is Lucía and I sing.
  • Bysshe
    Bysshe Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I'm Amy.
    I sing, I am learning to play Ukulele.
    I have a diverse taste in music, but my current faves are The Used, Paramore, Julia Nunes, and Evanescence.
  • musicalivy
    Options
    Hi All! My name is Ivy. I am a singer/actress/teacher. I front a melodic metal band and we record in 2 weeks. So excited for our debut! I teach voice and acting privately, and K-8 music at a local private elementary school 2 days a week. I also play flute, recorder, Irish Tin Whistle, and dabble at piano and guitar. Nice to meet you all!
  • GuerrillaHermit
    Options
    Hello, my name is Zac. I am a percussionist, music student, and I compose (what I intend on going to grad school for). I listen to it all (even if some things only once.) Usually my more recent stuff is on http://soundcloud.com/zroberson , sadly most of it is Sibelius output until I get it recorded, which is hopefully this semester. Feel free to add or message me, I love meeting others who love music.
  • HLeAnn
    HLeAnn Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    My name is Heather, and I'm a singer/songwriter, and I play guitar. I was in choir all through grade school and high school and a got a music minor in college with an emphasis in vocal performance and education. Currently I'm in an all-original band called Mama's Porch. We play a mix of folk rock, americana, country, rock, blues, etc. We are fairly new, so no recordings yet, but I do have some recordings of my solo stuff, if anyone is interested!

www.sonicbids.com/heatherleann

or

www.youtube.com/heatherleannsings

Great meeting you all! Good luck in your music endeavors, and of course, your fitness/weight-loss journeys as well. :flowerforyou:
  • sarabirdcanfly
    sarabirdcanfly Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm Sara. I play piano, guitar, and drums. I play electronic music live with a friend and write other stuff here and there.
  • brianward81
    brianward81 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Brian, I play guitar and have been since I was 14 (I'm 30 now). I play electric and acoustic but haven't had much time to play in the last 9 months (second child was born, no time!). I have recorded the odd chord progression/riff on my iPhone but once things calm down a bit I want to start writing and recording. My daughter, who just turned 3, is loving the Beatles so I want to learn some more of that so we can sing together.

I love music and it does so much for me. It has helped me through happiness, anger, love, grief and all the in-betweens. I feel bad for lyricists as I usually don't pay attention to them as much as the instruments or just the overall sound of the vocals. You could be singing about taking out the garbage but if it has emotion in it, I'll be loving it.
  • carramel0705
    carramel0705 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    My name is Melanie ,
    I am trying to teach myself to play guitar ( got a Les Paul for Christmas)
    I love music
    I got this Tattoo last month for my 40th Birthday gift to myself.
    KingsSubd_C2012012700834-vi.jpg
  • cheeky_charlie_94
    cheeky_charlie_94 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm Charlotte and i play Clarinet and Marimba. I lovde music and you can always find me plugged into my phone or iPod and/or singing very loudly and mostly out of tune
  • CameronYKB
    Options
    I'm Cameron, 16, in high school and have been playing guitar since 8th grade. The first time I was on stage was for the 8th grade talent show. So...many...kids. Staring at my band to play a song. I'm more into Heavy/Death Metal now (Dethklok, Mastodon, Dragonforce) I'm also into dubstep. I was thinking of saving up to buy a Kitara synth guitar. Preferably used since its like $900 new.
  • Bri927
    Options
    I've been singing since I was little, I've grown up with a dad that could play drums guitar and a mother with a beautiful voice. My boyfriend sings like a dream and I attempt to play piano and guitar. :smile:
  • xxfinallyfree
    xxfinallyfree Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi All!

My name is Alex. I'm a musician and play piano and clarinet, and I sing. I'm also trying to teach myself how to play the guitar...which is a challenge but also super fun.

My girlfriend plays trumpet and sings. Sometimes when we're in the mood we play duets together, which is a blast.
  • TwoSpirits
    TwoSpirits Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hay...I'm D'hana...my friends call me Dee. I'm a guitarist/songwriter. The louder the better. I love any and all music pretty much except for rap and hip-hop, but my heart and soul have been in hard rock and metal. \m/(*_*)\m/
  • smaugish
    smaugish Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Hannah :) Cellist, Pianist, English Flautist (the recorder family), Singer, Songwriter and Composer.

Currently getting my mum to coach me through the official grades in Piano... only ever did Grade 2 and that was years ago, but now I'm teaching I should probably get certificates to at least grade 5/6 :p
  • Zerago
    Zerago Posts: 7
    Options
    Hey, I'm Chris. I'm a drummer, started ~2008 (I'm 24 now - late bloomer!). I'm in a hard rock band that keeps me working on my skills (A Simple Complex, in New England).

In middle school I played two years of clarinet, but that's long forgotten. I also have very little experience with piano/keyboard (self-experimenting) and bass (fiddling around with my bassist's gear on occasion).
  • spluta18
    spluta18 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm Sheryl. I sing, and I have for as long as I remember... and the avatar for this group just happens to be tattooed behind my ear..