My least favorite comment

Options

Replies

• cbbarge
    cbbarge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I can completely relate. I'm 6'0 and one of the shorter females in my family. After joining the Air Force this year though I have never gotten it so much in my life! Basic was especially hard since I stood out as the tallest in my flight by several inches. My day would usually include:

"Hey Stretch"
    "Slinky"
    "Amazon"
    "50 ft female"
    "Magic Johnson of Trainees" (...really?)
    "Slone size your big *kitten* in!"
    "Freaky tallness!"

The list goes on.

Sounds like your TI had a Napoleon complex.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    "Girl you don't need to lose any weight!!!!!"

Just because I am tall and i carry it well doesnt mean i dont need to lose weight!!!!
  • AZDizzy
    AZDizzy Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I found y'all!

I love every post on this thread!

Online dating is really bad. I met a nice guy and we talked for a while online. Before we met, I said, BTW, I'm 5'10" ACTUAL and have a 29BMI. He laughed and said he was 6' actual. I mentioned that I'd had problems before with men who were intimidated by my height. So, I put on my flats when I met him and he was 5'8" (eyebrow height). I didn't have a problem with it (except sometimes I feel like mentioning that if one wants to list their perceived height on a dating site, they should probably go for the shorter girls).

He started an argument with me that I must be 6'2" since I was 3" taller than him and I said, I'm 5'10" (doctor measured last week) and that he's 5'8" and added a "deal with it." He laughed it off and we ended up at a convenience store (with the measurements on the door so clerks could describe robbers. I just busted up laughing as he stopped and was looking UP at the 6' mark.

Suddenly, near the slurpee machines he said "do I just wish I was 6'?" What do you say to that? I said "maybe...".

Funny, he hasn't called again.
  • PokerChris
    PokerChris Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Wow, I must come off really intimidating 'cuz I really haven't heard the comments that you gals get, at least not as an adult. Occasionally someone will ask how tall I am and I just say "around 6 ft." And it's true that guys have a hard time accepting that because, as we all know, they all think they're at least 6 ft.
  • uLinx
    uLinx Posts: 148
    Options
    "Girl you don't need to lose any weight!!!!!"

Just because I am tall and i carry it well doesnt mean i dont need to lose weight!!!!

I hate this one, too! And I hate it even more when it comes from the mouths a couple of (short, 110-120-lb) acquaitances of mine, who always want me to listen to them when b*tching around about their (invisible) fat. If I say something, I shouldn't, cause I'm the tall one and my fat is distributed on a larger surface. Great! If it is supposed to be a relief... well, it just isn't.
  • OneLuckyRabbit
    OneLuckyRabbit Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    It is not exactly a comment, but my least favorite height request is when people make me stand back-to-back with someone so they can compare our heights. I am a pretty awkward person to begin with, but this just makes me feel like a freak... :embarassed:
  • Jenn152
    Jenn152 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    It is not exactly a comment, but my least favorite height request is when people make me stand back-to-back with someone so they can compare our heights. I am a pretty awkward person to begin with, but this just makes me feel like a freak... :embarassed:

hahah i love when this happens and the MAN you are being compared to is like an inch or two shorter and is looking slightly up at you and STILL insists he is taller than you! come on man...JUST.LET.IT.GO!
  • vestarocks
    vestarocks Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I'm new to this group but loving the camaraderie. I have two "favourites"

1. Registering for lingerie before my wedding. The woman looks at the form to see my height and weight and blurts out "You don't look like you weigh that much!" ummmm thanks?!

2. My husband is 6'5" and I'm 5'10" (we are both overweight) we have two sons who are, obviously, very tall. Talking to a neighbour she looks at us and then looks at the boys and says "I see where they get their height but where do they get their skinny genes from?" Stunned silence from us. ...and I haven't said a word to her since. Ouch that one hurt.
  • FitnessBarbie99
    FitnessBarbie99 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I was actually asked if I played ball at the gym yesterday.

She was an older woman, not as tall as me and I realized she was simply recognizing a fellow athlete.

She did play basketball for Penn State. I was a swimmer at college. We ended up having a nice chat.

I had to have my shin bones X-rayed a couple of years ago and my bones are so long, they had to turn the plates on an angle to get them all in. ;)

Not so nice -- a coworker (very short) actually asked if had Graves Disease one time. She's accused me of things like flailing my arms around, etc. Now that we've gotten to know each other, she's learning that being tall isn't the Ideal she once thought it was. Although once when I was pretty mad at her, I called her a Hobbit.

I just sort of blurted it out, but I think she liked it! Who knew?

We have a bit of fun teasing each other -- she's got to watch her roots (hair dye) and I've got to pluck my chin hairs. :)
  • katybelle7
    katybelle7 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    you have a pretty face... literally almost hit a girl for saying that. I'm thinkin what just cause I'm not a size two the rest of me aint beautiful to!
  • katybelle7
    katybelle7 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    dear lord if I had a dime for every time I got called AMAZON I'd skip college and go straight to my mansion! HATE it!
  • Duckz1
    Duckz1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options

2. My husband is 6'5" and I'm 5'10" (we are both overweight) we have two sons who are, obviously, very tall. Talking to a neighbour she looks at us and then looks at the boys and says "I see where they get their height but where do they get their skinny genes from?" Stunned silence from us. ...and I haven't said a word to her since. Ouch that one hurt.

WOW! Talk about foot in mouth! You know, I bet she feels terrible.
  • FitnessBarbie99
    FitnessBarbie99 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I think Amazon is my least favorite. I'm 6 ft. DH says being called an amazon is compliment, but I don't see it.

I saw a show once a long time ago and there was this tribe of Amazon women. Not one of them could have been over 5, 7! Ridiculous.
  • iuangina
    iuangina Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Amazon is probably the worst comment I've gotten, but I remember in college when I had people tell me that I would have a lot more men interested in me if I wasn't so tall. Really?!?!?!?
  • AngelikaLumiere
    AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I was called Amazon in junior high, but I got called a lot of things in jr. high (I pretty much stopped growing at about age 11) I guess I got a thick skin where tall jokes are concerned. I am grateful to be tall and when anyone teases me about it I just grin.
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I love being referred to as an amazon, they were powerful leaders with fearsome abilities & fighting prowess.. what's not to like.
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I love being referred to as an amazon, they were powerful leaders with fearsome abilities & fighting prowess.. what's not to like.

Llalalalalahh. Love your answer beccyleigh!

I'm going to memorize this and repeat it every time someone brings up the word Amazon.
  • KristalDawnO
    KristalDawnO Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I taught school......I've heard it all lol
  • monala09
    monala09 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Least favorite comment?

"They wont mess with us, because you're here protecting us!"

Im not a freaking body guard..my friends piss me the hell off when they say that crap!
  • tomfordeliz
    Options
    I have a coworker who is about 5'2". She always talks about how boys like girls like her because she is tiny. Short, yes. Tiny, No. She says it must be hard to find guys because all the tall guys want little girls like her. And most recently when I found something missing at work, she said, "Of course, she did! She's huge!"

Being called huge is the worst! I am tall and athletic, but not huge. She wouldn't look so heavy if the inches she gained were in height, so I will just give her the benefit of the doubt and call her jealous.