When I lose the weight, I will make...

Options
SabrinaJL
SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
Ok, to be perfectly honest, part of the reason I don't make things for myself is that I dreaded thinking of all the yarn and time it would take to make something 2XL. So once I get down to my goal, I'd actually like to make some pretties for me.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/demeter-camisole
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/corset-tank-top

I will be making the corset tank top in Regal Silk (even though it's not my favorite yarn to work with), and I definitely don't want to use any more of it than necessary.

Is there anything you'd like to make for yourself, once you get to your goal?

Replies

• themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,015 Member
    Options
    I love the corset tank top. I would love to see the finished project when you reach your goal. I want to make me a shrug . I agree making something for myself in a huge size would take forever and take too much yarn but i am only 15 lbs from my goal so soon I will be making things for myself......
  • Tiffysinsanity
    Tiffysinsanity Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    That's great!! I'm kind of the same way. My main thing with it though is that I don't want to have to sit and figure all the alterations. It looks so complicated, especially when you ad in different colors and stuff.
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    The corset tank top is stunning! What a great motivator :)
  • LysieMae
    LysieMae Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    a crochet bikini...

I have the pattern in a book here... It's something like this though: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/becoming-bikini
  • ElyzahMoore
    ElyzahMoore Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I just bookmarked that corset/tank top. That is gorgeous!

I have had this bookmarked for awhile. http://knitty.com/ISSUEspring09/PATTpioneer.php
  • SabrinaJL
    Options
    Go, LysieMae! I'd never have the courage to wear something like that. I am 34 though. :laugh:

ElyzahMoore, that's pretty. A Knitty pattern I really liked (but couldn't see knitting for my fat self) is Coachella.
  • PinUpGirlAtHeart
    PinUpGirlAtHeart Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Haha! I found this dress and I think I might make this in a different color. I wouldn't wear it out, though. Just think it'd be something I could wear around my husband.

http://www.allfreecrochet.com/Miscellaneous-Crochet/Sleazy-Dress/ct/1#
  • kathas0trophal
    kathas0trophal Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    lucky husband ;-)

i like both projects. i just added them to my favs at rave
  • PinUpGirlAtHeart
    PinUpGirlAtHeart Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    ^_^ I think so, too! *winks* Bow chica chica wow wow! ^_^ :P Haha! J/k with that part, but I really can't wait until I'm thin and feel confident enough wear something like that! I also need to get better at crocheting first. I figure by then I should be a total pro.
  • k9hrd
    k9hrd Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    A nice sweater out of good yarn, probably a cardigan as I have a beautiful fall plaid suit waiting for me to lose enough weight.
  • SabrinaJL
    Options
    k9hrd, I love the doggie in your avatar! German shepherd?
  • taraknits
    taraknits Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'll make every single Stephanie Japel pattern in Fitted Knits... ;)
  • SabrinaJL
    Options
    Oooh, I like the Perfect Periwinkle top out of that book. I bought Fitted Knits, Sensual Knits and Knitting Lingerie Style in the hopes that I'd be able to make myself stuff out of them one day. But I also bought Big Girl Knits and More Big Girl Knits too. lol
  • dippystick
    dippystick Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    As I also sew in addition to knitting and crocheting I'll be making myself a whole new wardrobe. I even made up labels to put inside. The list my company as the JUST FOR ME BOUTIQUE. It's what I tell people when I wear something I've made and they ask where I got it. I just say, "At the Just for me Boutique." They ask where that is and I tell them, "Just north of my living room." :flowerforyou:

I've already bought some classic patterns for jackets, jeans, blouses and shirts. I'm also learning to make my own panties and bras. Looking forward to being able to buy some nice silk and make me an elegant blouses or shirts for a whole lot less. Just thinking of this makes me want to go and do another workout. :happy: I've started losing and that is something I thought was impossible.
  • emberin
    emberin Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I will knit a bolero in fingering weight.
  • mab33
    mab33 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    A BIKINI! It's been on my to-do list forever.
  • SabrinaJL
    Options
    A BIKINI! It's been on my to-do list forever.

lol That's awesome. Pretty sure this body will never be in a bikini (knit/crocheted/or otherwise).
  • itreycee
    Options
    I love them both!! I put the camisole in my favorites!! I hope that something like this would be in reach for me as something to wear once I lose some more weight. It's very cute!
  • suezc
    suezc Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    :smile: OH MY where do I start!!!! I see oh so many things and I just love Vogue magazine and can only wear a limited amount of the items. So maybe I will make a future list of patterns for motivation.
  • Boldilocks
    Boldilocks Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I don't have a specific project in mind that I'd make - but as a designer I'd love to be able to do some of my own modelling for a change instead of having to ask skinny friends to do it for me. That's a real motivation for me!