Anyone from around Joplin area??

Options
luv_lea
luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
Just curious. :) But nice to see all the people on MFP from Missouri!

Replies

• 2stepz
    2stepz Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I know Jana (jrdoty) is from Joplin... I haven't seen her on since this weekend, but she'll be around. I'll point her in this direction.
  • tammylwv
    tammylwv Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I am in the Joplin area.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options

BOOOOO Missouri Southern and Pitt State People!!! I'm a BEARCAT! ;-) I'm North a bit.
  • 2stepz
    Options
    Born and raised in NWMO - Albany to be specific. Now in Rolla... for the time being. Grad School! Whoo!
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    Born and raised in NWMO - Albany to be specific. Now in Rolla... for the time being. Grad School! Whoo!

I was from Skidmore, Mo. My cuz was from Albany she would be two years older then you.
  • 2stepz
    Options
    It's a small town, pretty much everyone knew everyone in the whole dang school (all grades). I graduated HS in 2000... seems like forever ago.
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    It's a small town, pretty much everyone knew everyone in the whole dang school (all grades). I graduated HS in 2000... seems like forever ago.

Yep, then you had Bethany like what 5 minutes away lol.

I graduated in 2000 as well, I played an academic meet over in Albany a couple times, and basketball there a couple times.
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options

BOOOOO Missouri Southern and Pitt State People!!! I'm a BEARCAT! ;-) I'm North a bit.

Don't hate!!

I'm live in JoMO AND I'm an MSSU alum! :tongue:
  • Athena413
    Options
    I know Jana (jrdoty) is from Joplin... I haven't seen her on since this weekend, but she'll be around. I'll point her in this direction.

I'm here!! Just been crazy busy with work. :happy:
  • d2footballJRC
    Options

Don't hate!!

I'm live in JoMO AND I'm an MSSU alum! :tongue:

Not hatin' I have to try to remain unbias since I help with d2football.com lol. Every once in awhile my NWMSU alum in me gets out though! :-D
  • 2stepz
    Options
    *starts passing out bottled water and lightly buttered popcorn*

I can see football season could be very interesting around here...
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    *starts passing out bottled water and lightly buttered popcorn*

I can see football season could be very interesting around here...

Well tomorrow the last game of the reg. season. MoSo plays their rivals Pitt State and I hope MoSo knocks their socks off!
  • 2stepz
    Options
    last game of THIS season... THIS year... ;)
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    last game of THIS season... THIS year... ;)

Just for Missouri Southern.. Washburn, NWMSU, MoWest and Pitt State will be in the playoffs. Actually check that MoSo if they beat Pitt State will be Kanza or Mineral Water Bowl... KICK PITTS REAR!
  • Athena413
    Options
    I could actually care less about football. I don't think I ever went to a single game. :tongue:
  • 2stepz
    Options
    I hear that Jana... I think during my undergrad years, the Miners won 5 games in 5 years. I went to a few out of sheer boredom, and more for the audience stunts than the game.
  • Athena413
    Options
    In high school I went to EVERY game...but only because I was in band! :drinker:
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    I hear that Jana... I think during my undergrad years, the Miners won 5 games in 5 years. I went to a few out of sheer boredom, and more for the audience stunts than the game.

Rolla isn't known for it's football, it's hard to get the academics required for Rolla to mix with the top athletic talent. Truman has the same issue.
  • 2stepz
    Options
    Rolla is ... an interesting place to obtain an education. Sports are, at most, secondary. Academics, Alcohol, then Athletics. ;)

Of course, it's also 75% male. One of the first things you learn as a female here is that yes, the odds are good... but the goods are odd.

The flip side of that is there are TONS of women in Rolla... just not many of them.

... and after that, the guys still wonder why they can't get a date.
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    Rolla is ... an interesting place to obtain an education. Sports are, at most, secondary. Academics, Alcohol, then Athletics. ;)

Of course, it's also 75% male. One of the first things you learn as a female here is that yes, the odds are good... but the goods are odd.

The flip side of that is there are TONS of women in Rolla... just not many of them.

... and after that, the guys still wonder why they can't get a date.

That is funny, best part about Rolla I remember is I got to do a science camp there on summer. We got to blow stuff up and shoot off fireworks. I was such a nerd in high school.