Zombies and the Apocalypse Do you believe?

Options
Pocket_Pixi
Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
Ok so most everyone I know pretty much considers me crazy because I have a plan and everything in the event that a Zombie Apocalypse breaks out.

I have read, memorized and carry the survival guide around with me (serious no jokes), I know exactly where I am going, how I am getting there and what I need to do to survive. Do you?

If you do believe it might happen how do you think it will happen?

I personally think that if it does happen it will only affect the recently dead, as in those who are not in the ground or have not been through the embalming process. I also do believe that they will have some level of brain functioning - even if it is minimal survival instincts, I think they will be slow, not sure about the blood thirsty, brain eating but I do think that they will be agressive - I would be if I came back from the dead.

So how about you??

oh and who hear has read World War Z, or the survival guide? I have numerous Zombie books but these 2 are by far my favorites.

Replies

• herstrawberri
    herstrawberri Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I personally think it could happen. I'm not as prepared as you, but in all honesty...I have been thinking about it. Especially after wtaching The Walking Dead. I think we need to be prepared for anything now a days. It prob seems silly to some poeple, but come on, All of the crap that gets written about, talked about, prophosized ( you already know i can't spell =) ) ...it has to come from SOMEWHERE. I honestly believe that. I think we are tricked into believing things 'aren't real'. Like Aliens. I recently watched The Forth Kind and it scared the holy hell out of me...because I know for a freakin fact the stuff in that movie was REAL. Different discussion for a different time.

Anyway, I believe it could happen. Will it happen when they say? I'm not sure. BUT. I think people should be prepared. not go all Y2K maybe..........but maybe have a plan?? Just in case?
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I am exactly the same, me and my fiance have our zombie survival plans.
    And every time we can afford it we buy another weapon to add to our inventory.
    Although im not sure i believe they will be actual zombies with limbs falling off, etc.
    I think it will be more of a case of a virus that makes you go berserk, i guess kind of like rabies but on an enhanced level. Or if the virus mutates..
    Which is actually very possible and kind of scary that it could be that easy for humans to just loose it, start hallucinating, attacking people, when hungry eating people, they could all just be hallucinating that were walking kfc.. And ofcourse one bitten you would have the virus too.
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Options
    Well I don't think the whole rotting thing is even physically possible, if they are dead it will be those that are recently dead and I do believe that it could be virus related that makes us revert back to the whole basic animal instinct that we have evolved from - either way I am ready to kill *kitten* lol. (stupid censorship lol)

Dawn, honeslty I am not all crazy - there was a show on TLC not that long ago about people who have bunkers and canned goods and water and stuff - yeah not me...lol but I do have a plan, you never know what could happen with all the drugs and disease that are out there.

Oh as for Aliens, I am pretty sure that they do exist and I do not want to meet one ... so yeah..
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    If i ever earned alot of money, or won the lottery, i do have a plan for the house i want build with an underground bunker. and a mote, and explosives everywhere.
    And i think just for the fun of it all the doors would have those electric things either sides of them that the CoD zombie games had. So if they managed to get past our mote and in through our metal walls we'd just like fry them as they walk through the doors.
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Options
    If I wont the lottery, I would build a fortress to be honest but not because of zombies... just so I could be the woman who built a fortress lol
  • Sgriffin2382
    Sgriffin2382 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I believe, and all I know is I am heading north to where it is cold! I mean, in all the movies or shows, are they ever in a cold area? And I love the snow, so it is a win win :-)
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I am SO prepared.

Not to sound like a psycho, but I just got my firearms license...solely for the purpose of the zombie apocalypse.

I'm an avid paintballer (as you know, Pixi), so I'd like to consider myself fairly well trained in the hiding/running/sniping/head shot "kills".

Various family members, as well as myself have started stock piling food items, have started raising back yard chickens, purchased massive water filtrating devices, have survival kits and enough plywood stored in the basement to board up the windows.

We're all definitely heading North if shtf. And we're gradually starting to take more survival courses as well and familiarize ourselves with the outdoors as well.

...I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one out there that thinks it's just around the corner. :laugh:
  • herstrawberri
    herstrawberri Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I can shoot handguns and rifles. Growing up with a hunter as a father taught me many wonderful things, so I can shoot them if they come after me. =) . You guys have made me really THINK about this. =) My GF totally thinks it's going to happen.
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Options
    I am actually really glad I am not the nly person who believes it may happen. Most of my friends and family think I am slightly crazy when I bring it up lol.

I am not sure about the cold.. honestly I feel as though if I can live in sub-Zero temps (and I do) they could too... and the cold would decrease the rapid decomposing as heat tends to spead decomposition so... yeah I don't think any where will be truely safe. Maybe on the water - but then you run the risk of having someone board a boat that is already infected and that opens a whole new can of worms.
  • alucard75
    alucard75 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    the CDC hasa page on how to prepare for the zombie apocalypse....just saying.
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Options
    I have read the CDC's page... its decent, not as good as the survival guide but decent.