Introductions

Options

Replies

• ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I am Ana, I am 21, and not married. My boyfriend bought a house at 22 and since then we have becoem "settled down", we are both mature for our age. I do enjoy going out, but not to often. Someday I will get maried and have kids, right now I am in school and work for an amazing company part time. I do get jealous of my friends that have no commitments or even thier own car to worry about, but in 5 years when my boyfriend and i have good jobs, nice house and can afford to do what we want I think I will have made the right decision.
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    hi i am Jenny 29 been married for 6 years have 2 children and am a submariners wife. I am from RI now in CT but have moved around a lot moved 6 times in 6 years lived in maine, and va also. Met my husband back when i partied a lot and just knew he was for me got married 6 months later and have been together ever since.
  • Amber393
    Amber393 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Hi you all!

I'm Amber, 26 years, not married but have been with and living with the same guy for two years now, it'll be 3 at the end of the month (day after thanksgiving actually). I don't have kids of my own but he's got a daughter who's here on the weekends well every other weekend and she's adorable and I love her to pieces. We don't go out and party. Definitely the stay at home body types or the let's go out see a movie once in a while people. I like to cook that's pretty much my only real hobby I have aside from reading.

Allright well I'll check in with you all later. Got some dishes to wash (oh fun.) lol.

Amber
  • DimplesInProgress
    DimplesInProgress Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hi!

My name is Katina. 24 not married. I was engaged for a while but the guy was younger than I am and in the end it was just a better idea for us to go our seperate ways. I've been out of my parents house for about 2 years and am in fact aboutg about to move into a new house. I'm super excited about this.

The only babies in my life are my 14 month old godson RJ and my cat Izea.

I work full time as a manager and support myself.

My girlfriend is 31 and hopefully we will be getting married and having babies befre I'm 30!

Feel free to add me! I love making friends!
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm 22 with 3 kiddos, I married right after I turned 18. I work part time right now (out of want not need thankfully) as a photographer. It definitely is different being a married 20 something than being a single 20 something.
  • allisonj87
    allisonj87 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Allison. I am 24, married for 3 years, mother of 1 and working on another!!
  • shadea4455
    shadea4455 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm 23 and living with my boyfriend of seven years... I'm currently in law school, so we will be getting married after I graduate when we can actually afford to since he's the only one paying all the bills by himself right now (a real trooper!!)... I don't think we'll be having kids, but he did promise me a puppy when I finish :happy: ! It's nice to know I'm not the only 20-something not obsessed with partying and drinking!
  • lovelyrose11
    lovelyrose11 Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Hi - My name is Niki. I'm married with a 4 month old beautiful baby boy! I am 29 years old...ugh...30 is way too close for me! haha. I really want to get in better shape before we try for our 2nd child in July 2012. I am looking for advice and support of any kind. Right now I have a strict routine since I am a mommy and a stay at home. If I get off my routine then I won't be able to get any exercise done. lol
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm Annie and I've been with my boyfriend for almost 3 years now! we bought a mobile home after only being together 6 months that the plan was "fix and flip" it seemed crazy but worked for us! we gutted and fixed and it was livable 6 months after we bought it and we have been living there ever since (so almost 2 years now) I love him and there is talk of marriage in the future :-) the plan for now is to get my debt down, put the mobile home on the market and get a house :smile: no kiddos here for now tho we are aunt/uncle on both sides lol we both have younger sisters w/ kids! we do have 2 cats and are talking about getting a dog. I love knowing that there are other people out there that don't just go out and get trashed every weekend!
  • LysieMae
    LysieMae Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Cara.

I'm 20 years old, I've been married for 2 years. My husband and I are stationed in South Carolina with the Air Force.

I have one baby, the 4 month-old chunk in the picture. His name is Asher. I left my job to take care of my son (the cost of daycare would have made my job pointless). I am a part time student at the local branch of the University of South Carolina.

I'm here because I have gained some weight since the wedding (and a little more with the pregnancy) and I'd like to get back to my weight at the time of our marriage. :smile:

This seems like a great group!
  • suewill12
    Options
    I'm 28 not married but successfully have completed my bachelors and masters degree and support myself. I was "settled" once with a house and a fiance but was miserable so I uprooted to support myself and have never felt so confident than I do now. I have worked hard to get where I am and wouldn't change it for the world! I may not be as settled as others but I'm standing on my own 2 feet and feel accomplished :-)
  • timeforachange2011
    Options
    Hi there! I'm Caroline, just turned 29. I'm an RN and work crazy schedules sometimes but I love making new MFP friends so feel free to add me!
  • mommy2squish
    mommy2squish Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hi there im Serena married for 2 years on October 17. I have a 15 month old. Who happens to be Munkimaries godson lol!!! Shes my bestie! I moved out when I was 21 but have recently hit hard times and am living with my mom and step dad again. However we are still paying all of our bills and taking care of our son on our own. I like to go out on occasion but would much rather be home with the hubby and son!
  • mommy2squish
    Options
    Hi!

My name is Katina. 24 not married. I was engaged for a while but the guy was younger than I am and in the end it was just a better idea for us to go our seperate ways. I've been out of my parents house for about 2 years and am in fact aboutg about to move into a new house. I'm super excited about this.

My girlfriend is 31 and hopefully we will be getting married and having babies befre I'm 30!

Katina your godson is 15months silly goose!!!! Will be 16months at the end of this month!!! Come see us soon. We need a workout date!!!
  • DimplesInProgress
    Options
    Hi!

Katina your godson is 15months silly goose!!!! Will be 16months at the end of this month!!! Come see us soon. We need a workout date!!!

You realize I can't count right? lol thats why i got him the alphabet for his birthday, I know it, not the numbers... ;-)
  • DimplesInProgress
    Options
    Sorry double post!
  • mommy2squish
    Options
    We love you anyway!
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. :flowerforyou:

My name's Kim, I'm 25, and I live in beauuuutiful Florida. :happy: Been living on my own since I was 18...and by living on my own, I mean, not with my family (with the exception of a 4-month hiatus when I had to find a new place after moving back to my home state, and the parental units were nice enough to let me have my old room back temporarily). I've had ex's and roommates...and I don't miss any of them, haha! I'm currently "unofficially engaged" (we're waiting 'til I graduate with my Bachelor's to make it "official") to the most amazing man I have ever met. :love: We've been together over 2 and a half years now, and been living together just over 2 years. No kids, no pets, and we're happy that way. :tongue: This group appeals to me because...well...I often do feel like a huge outsider, because I don't drink anymore (1 year and 8 months of no alcohol!), I've never done drugs, I don't go clubbing, I'm not a fan of huge raunchy parties, and I actually have goals and priorities. I feel settled in the sense that I know what I want out of life, I'm with the best man I could ever ask for, I'm finishing school to obtain my ideal career, and...well...I love my life. :smile: Everyone in this group already seems great, I hope to make some friends! :D
  • leilaphoenix
    leilaphoenix Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.

I totally understand us grown-up-20-somethings needing somewhere to chat. I find the biggest challenge is the fact I have a 'proper' job and a lot of my friends are still jollying off with the parents' money doing irrelevant masters degrees...eep

I'm Leila, 24 and live in Oxford. I left home at 16 and went to university and completely supported myself. I've been with my boyfriend for 5 years and we recently moved out of rented accommodation and bought a house of our own. I work in a relatively senior position at Oxford University. No kids or marriage although its all on the cards. My losing weight is also part of this 'growing up' stage of life where I want to be fit and healthy for my future. I also recently stopped smoking for the same reasons.

Happy to be here!

Leila
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    Glad to have everyone!