Replies

• treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Perfect. Thanks!
  • sdrawkcabynot
    sdrawkcabynot Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Adam and Steve - hysterical movie! Plus it has Parker Posey in it whom I LOVE!
  • Thesoundofwolf
    Thesoundofwolf Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    My omg yesyesyes GLBTQ themed book I've ever read has to be, hands down "Hero" by Perry Moore. IT IS SO GOOD.

http://www.amazon.com/Hero-Perry-Moore/dp/1423101952
  • astroboybri
    astroboybri Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I fav movie is Beautiful Boxer - such a powerful movie :o)
  • kerbear48185
    kerbear48185 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    My fav L books:

Author: Skyy
    Books: Choices, Consequences, Crossroads (This is the series in order)
    Description: Follow a group of African-American and Latina lesbians on their journey from college to adulthood through this sereis. Features Femmes/Studs and Bi women in relationships and dealing with life. Very fun reads.

Author: Fiona Zedde
    Books: Bliss, A Taste of Sin, Hungry For It
    Description: A Taste of Sin and Hungry For It are a series. Bliss is an idividual book. Fiona also writes primarily about African-American lesbians. However, her characters are also from Jamaica (she is Jamaican). Bliss is my favorite because it's set in Jamaica and she makes the people, landscape, food, and culture come alive. She is one of my all time favorite authors, lesbian or otherwise.
  • hyerlevo
    hyerlevo Posts: 16
    Options
    "Out of season" and "Dessert Hearts"
  • talston326
    talston326 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    "Dorian Blues" was a book?!? I saw the movie and love it, but I'll bet the book is so much better...like they always are!
  • ScubyUK
    ScubyUK Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I love LGBT movies and have quite a few in my collection, among my favourites:

Shelter
    Latter Days
    eCupid
    Were the World Mine
    The Big Gay Musical
    The Trip
    Is it Just Me
    Eating Out (Just the first one, the rest have been utter drivel)
    Make the Yuletide Gay
    Broken Hearts Club
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    "Dorian Blues" was a book?!? I saw the movie and love it, but I'll bet the book is so much better...like they always are!
    I saw Matthew Bourne's dorian gray a few years ago. for a cheap thrill, google it... artistically I really liked it.. didn't LOOOOOVEEE it but really reallyliked it..

and as an aside I saw a production of The Pitmen Painters today.. WOW..
  • DeathIsMyGift
    DeathIsMyGift Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I'd go with movies:

Kissing Jessica Stein
    Heavenly Creatures (one of my all time fav movies)
    Bound
    D.E.B.S (cuz cheesy is fun)

and Michelle Paradise. Meeeow.
  • medwards89
    medwards89 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Bump :)
  • bayertablets
    bayertablets Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Will Grayson, Will Grayson and Hero are definitely on my list to read.

Some other great books are:
    Middlesex, Jeffrey Euginides - This is his best book, by far. I read The Virgin Suicides and just finished The Marriage Plot, but Middlesex is an amazing novel about FTM transexuality.
    The Picture of Dorian Gray, Oscar Wilde - One of my favorite books of all time. A lot of the homosexuality was edited out, but it's pretty crystal clear if you know the history of the book and its author.
    Rules of Attraction, Bret Easton Ellis - Great book and a great movie about relationships.
    A Spot of Bother, Mark Haddon - I thought the gay relationship in this book was pretty realistic. It's a side story, but overall I liked the book.

Movies:
    A Single Man (haven't read the book yet)
    Wonder Boys (haven't read the book yet)
    Brokeback Mountain (LOVE this story... the short story is excellent too, and the movie does a really good job of portraying the relationship and expanding upon it)
    If These Walls Could Talk 2 - hellooooooooo Chloe Sevigny and Michelle Williams. Need I say more?
    Boys Don't Cry - Chloe Sevigny again :)
    Hedwig and the Angry Inch
    Milk
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Can't believe it took til page 3 for someone to mention Hedwig. I love Hedwig. I also really liked Middlesex -- so I guess I like gender explorations.
  • jerber160
    Options
    Can't believe it took til page 3 for someone to mention Hedwig. I love Hedwig. I also really liked Middlesex -- so I guess I like gender explorations.

NOT REAL KEAN (OR IS IT KEEN) ON THE HEDWIG MOVIE. SAW JCM LIVE AND HE WAS BEYOND AMAZING... THE MOVIE.. NOT SO MUCH...
  • ronboy1979
    ronboy1979 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Latter Days - my best and I have watched it back-to-back at least 6 times in a weekend. It's about an out and proud boy who meets a closeted Mormon boy, it makes me bawl.

LOVE THIS MOVIE!!!!! I'm not a crier but it moved me to tears!!!
  • GaiaGirl1992
    GaiaGirl1992 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    the gymnast is a pretty good movie. pretty ladies, thrilling plot, and awesome performances =D
  • jerber160
    Options
    hey,,, in light of the magic mike movie, anybody remember 'a night in heaven?" another stripper flick... and somehow this brought to mind The World's Greatest Athlete with jan michael vincent.
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I just finished Daniel Savage's The Commitment. Hilarious, touching, and thought provoking.
  • jerber160
    Options
    the gymnast is a pretty good movie. pretty ladies, thrilling plot, and awesome performances =D
    izzat anything like mitch gaylord's american anthem??? much better than footloose imho
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I just finished Daniel Savage's The Commitment. Hilarious, touching, and thought provoking.

I do not believe I have ever heard anyone refer to him as Daniel before. I don't know why, obviously that is his full name.