Hunger Games

Options
Who is ready for the movies??? I just watched the trailer again this morning, and I am really hoping that they do the books justice. So often they muck up the translation from book - movie. For example Twilight. I love the books, but I can't say enough bad things about the movies. I won't even watch the first one again it is that bad. I guess I just expect more, especially when you have such a following that loves the books.

But here's to the Hunger Games coming out awesome!

Replies

• redhotredneck
    redhotredneck Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I loved the books! Read all of them in a week and then proceeded to re-read them to make sure I didn't miss anything! Its a great story. I'm withholding judgement on the movie until I've seen it. I've seen too many books ruined by the movies, so I'm hoping that they do the books justice! :)
  • Sgriffin2382
    Sgriffin2382 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! I read them all straight in a few days also, and have re-read the series 3 more times now. So depressing through the last book, but a really great series!
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I just finished book one and couldn't put it down!!!!!!!
    I am totally in love with it. A family member is currently reading book 2, so I'm tearing my hair out waiting for him to finish it...as we know book 1 has the worst possible cliff hanger ending ever.
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    Options
    I LOVE the hunger games series and can't wait for the movies!!!!!!!!! But I agree... the movies definitely have potential to be amazing but Hollywood is Hollywood..... *rolls eyes* I'm planning on re-reading the series again soon..... working my way thru the Game of Thrones series at the moment
  • herstrawberri
    herstrawberri Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I haven't read the books yet. i was a little turned off that they were YA. Maybe I will give them a try. Harry Potter was YA and I'm a die hard Harry Potter fan. =)
  • Sgriffin2382
    Options
    They definitely don't read as Young Adult books. Very somber tones throughout the book.
  • herstrawberri
    herstrawberri Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I will have to read them. I picked the first one up and looked at it, but it didn't really grab my attention. I will give them a try.
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh!!! I just finally got book 2 and 3 today!
    I just want to leave work now and go home to start reading them...
  • Sgriffin2382
    Options
    A full length trailer just finally got posted!!! http://www.themarysue.com/hunger-games-full-trailer/ It completely looks just like I imagined it to be :-)