Bucket List

Options
Today I'm procrastinating doing all the laundry, dishes, homework that I need to do, so I decided to work on a 'bucket list' of races I want to do before I die.

So far I have:

Disney (Goofy Challenge)
Boston
Chicago
New York
Athens
Niagara Falls International Marathon
Nike Women's
Marine Corps Marathon
Big Sur
Honolulu
Any Ironman

I probably won't get to all of these (especially Athens) but its something to shoot for.
What's on your bucket list?

Replies

• UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    So far just a marathon and a probably a triathlon. I don't have any set races in mind for marathon. I would love to do my hometown one Pittsburgh. But I don't think it will be in the cards for this year.

I am thinking of Erie Marathon next September.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Kona Marathon or at least the half
    a Night half marathon - probably Las Vegas R&R
    Scheel's Marathon in South Dakota
    One half marathon a month for a year
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    I don't really have anything specific, but looking at local races at our new base (moving in 5 months)...

Spokane to Sandpoint Relay (12 man team)
    Valley Girl Triathlon (all women!)
    Rage Mud Run
    Windermere Half Marathon
    Bloomsday 12k (already did this one once, would love to get a PR every year I go back!)
    Pub Crawl (run to the bar, drink beer, and run to the next)

Would love to do Disney and the Seattle or Portland Rock and Roll
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options

a Night half marathon - probably Las Vegas R&R

Yes! Would love to do the LV R&R I was going to go next year, but things aren't looking good for that. Oh well :/
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    double post
  • atsteele
    Options
    triple post... sorry :(
  • atsteele
    Options
    Today I'm procrastinating doing all the laundry, dishes, homework that I need to do, so I decided to work on a 'bucket list' of races I want to do before I die.

So far I have:

Disney (Goofy Challenge)
    Boston
    Chicago
    New York
    Athens
    Nike Women's
    Marine Corps Marathon
    Big Sur
    Honolulu
    Any Ironman

I probably won't get to all of these (especially Athens) but its something to shoot for.

Marine Corps Marathon. Check.
    Philadelphia Marathon. Check.
    Steamtown Marathon. Check.

I would LOVE to do NYC Marathon, Honolulu Marathon (The scenery must be AWESOME!!), Richmond Marathon, Outer Banks Marathon and I didn't realize that there was a Niagra Falls Marathon until just today... and that sounds a great race destination too (flat course as well... supposedly. hehe).
    Boston is my ultimate goal.
  • bjbixler
    bjbixler Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Boston (duh - but I'll never br fast enough, will have to run for charity)
    Nike Women's Marathon - San Francisco
    Seaside Half Marathon
    Mount Desert Island Marathon
    Azalea Trail Run
    Catalina Island Marathon
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    Disney - Princess
    Disney - marathon (or the Goofy)
    New York

That's as much thought as I have given it.
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options

So far I have:

Disney (Goofy Challenge)
    Boston
    Chicago
    New York
    Athens
    Nike Women's
    Marine Corps Marathon
    Big Sur
    Honolulu
    Any Ironman

Can I steal this list??? It's pretty damned thorough! (minus Nike women's as I would probably not be welcome)
  • Run4iiiiiit
    Run4iiiiiit Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    there is a few I'd like to do (Boston, Chicago, NY), but only because I want pizza in NY, to see a game at Wrigley, etc, etc...
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Boston would be very cool, if only because all my friends and family could be here to see me cross the finish line.

And the Key West Marathon would be great, though I'd probably come in last, since I'd take breaks to sip cocktails on the beach :)
  • Usbornegal
    Usbornegal Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I was aiming for the Maui Marathon before my knee surgery, and hope to get back to the fitness level to do this one as my one full marathon. 8+ hours to finish with the last 17 miles run/walking along the ocean sounds like heaven to me.

I have run these halfs
    MetroHealth run, Grand Rapids MI (a great flat run)
    Martian Marathon, Detroit, MI
    Kalamazoo Run for the Health of It

Will run
    Sunburst Half Marathon, South Bend IN

I WANT to run
    a Warrior Dash (anywhere)
    Parke County run through the Bridges, IN
    Glass Run, Toledo OH
    and a run in Washington State, Florida, Georgia, Virginia and Ireland

Now if I can just get this knee to heal so I can at least start doing 5K's again I'll be happy!
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options

I WANT to run
    a Warrior Dash (anywhere)
    Parke County run through the Bridges, IN
    Glass Run, Toledo OH
    and a run in Washington State, Florida, Georgia, Virginia and Ireland

Now if I can just get this knee to heal so I can at least start doing 5K's again I'll be happy!

If you want to to Washington State - you may also enjoy the Portland Marathon, great route, great scenery and well organized race. Lots of support on the course, beer at mile 23 :) and a beautiful city to run it, very supportive.
  • Photoology
    Photoology Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    For my Bucket list.... is to run some sort of race in all 50 states. This seems like a tall order but hey I got time :)
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Disney Princess Half (Possibly checking it off this Feb!)
    NYC Marathon, Atlantic City Marathon, and maybe Boston.. the goal is really just a marathon next year.. This year the resolution was a half, and I can check that off, woo!
  • mandy_lynn
    mandy_lynn Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    So far just a marathon and a probably a triathlon. I don't have any set races in mind for marathon. I would love to do my hometown one Pittsburgh. But I don't think it will be in the cards for this year.

I'm registered for the half here in Pittsburgh for this year. I just started running this summer, so it should be interesting!
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options

I'm registered for the half here in Pittsburgh for this year. I just started running this summer, so it should be interesting!

I think I might do the half and maybe a full one in 2013?
  • irunforfun
    irunforfun Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    My top three are:

Big Sur
    Chicago
    Badwater (I'll probably die trying to get into this one, but at least I can say I tried)
  • atsteele
    Options

OOOOoooo I forgot about Pittsburgh Marathon!! That's another one that I'd like to do!!