Favorite Winter Hikes

JoniBologna
JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
Hey all.

I always find it a bit funny when I hear someone say, "it's summer now, so I can go hiking again." I don't think a lot of people realize hiking is a great year-round activity, especially in Colorado. There are seemingly endless amounts of foothills trails that are perfect for those warmer winter days. Personally, my favorite places to go during the Winter are Mount Falcon, Roxborough State Park, and Golden Gate Canyon State Park. Does anyone else have any favorite Fall or Winter hikes?

Replies

• I've never been on a fall/winter hike.... sounds pretty though!
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Though hiking is one of my favorite things, my weight prevented much of it in the past. I haven't really done winter hikes, but I love winter, and besides snowboarding, can't think of a better way to spend some time in it. I'd love to hear of some great winter hikes!
  • JoniBologna
    Go for it MisterDubs! Hiking is no fun when weight is an issue. I have been there. However, it is a great way to get into shape. Some people love running...well, I love hiking.
  • We usually ski during the winter but this year we are going to get some snow shoes and partake in some of the lovely hikes here in Colorado!

I am also new to myfitnesspal and looking for some friends to keep me motivated.

thanks!
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    I just went snowshoeing up to the top of Chief Mountain between Bergen Park and Mt. Evans. It was great! My first time snowshoeing. The view from the top was wonderful. 360° for a long way. I'd love for some of us to get together for a hike, regardless of the season.
  • JoniBologna
    I apologize for being a slacker on the group. I always forget they're here! That sounds like a cool snow shoe trip, MisterDubs. I love Mt Evans Wilderness. It's so pretty in that area. Last weekend, I snowshoed at White Ranch, just outside of Golden. Today, we went to the Sourdough Trail in between Ward and Nederland. It's a great workout and lots of fun. Although, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited for it to warm up again!