How can we get sorted into a house?

Options
u2fergus
u2fergus Posts: 422 Member
I've seen people around on the message boards that have their House name in their signatures, so I'm just wondering if this is a closed group that was already going on before MFP changed the format. If it's not closed, I'd love to know how I can be sorted into a house!!! :) (Just please don't put me in Slytherin!!) :)

Replies

• azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    All houses are accepting new members. Just post in the common room of your choice (the sorting hat gave up on us :laugh: ) and the head of house will give you all the information you need.

Welcome to Hogwarts!
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    You know what would be totally awesome? To figure out fitness profiles for each house (I know it doesn't REALLY make sense but it would be fun).

Like I imagine hufflepuff being slow and steady losers who don't do crazy workouts but also don't have very low daily calorie goals
    And maybe slytherins are the ones doing clever diets with little tricks, like low carb or paleo
    And ravenclaws are of course the people who watch their protein-carb-fat macros and have targets for them and a ton of scientific research on why you should eat 1 gram of protein per lean body weight pound while dieting.
    And griffendors dive head first into dieting, they eat low cals or have super crazy cardio workouts burning 500+ calories

I dunno - any ideas?
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    You know what would be totally awesome? To figure out fitness profiles for each house (I know it doesn't REALLY make sense but it would be fun).

Like I imagine hufflepuff being slow and steady losers who don't do crazy workouts but also don't have very low daily calorie goals
    And maybe slytherins are the ones doing clever diets with little tricks, like low carb or paleo
    And ravenclaws are of course the people who watch their protein-carb-fat macros and have targets for them and a ton of scientific research on why you should eat 1 gram of protein per lean body weight pound while dieting.
    And griffendors dive head first into dieting, they eat low cals or have super crazy cardio workouts burning 500+ calories

I dunno - any ideas?

LOL I am Gryffindor and that sounds just like me! I am a bit obseesive!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options

I dunno - any ideas?

LOL I am Gryffindor and that sounds just like me! I am a bit obseesive!

Haha, well I'm a Gryffindor and I sound like your idea of a Hufflepuff.

To answer your question, you get sorted by choosing a House and replying in the Common Room. We especially need Slytherin and Hufflepuff students!
  • lhurtubise
    lhurtubise Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Yes! We need new members!! I like your description of Hufflepuff lol
  • u2fergus
    Options
    Well... the fitness profile you suggested for Hufflepuff doesn't really fit me, but when I was reading the book, I always felt sorry for all the kids that got overlooked and picked on (Neville Longbottom foreverrrrr!!!!!), so I think I would probably make a better Hufflepuff than a Gryffindor or Ravenclaw, (even if Hagrid thinks they are a lot of duffers). ;-) If you're low on Hufflepuffs, count me in. Sorry, though... there's no way I'm signing up for Slytherin! :-)
  • nekoemi
    nekoemi Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm already in Ravenclaw but that description definitely fits me! haha!
  • _gwen
    _gwen Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    +1 for Ravenclaw description
  • MacSkillz
    MacSkillz Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Sorry, though... there's no way I'm signing up for Slytherin! :-)

What's wrong with Slytherin?? We're an awesome bunch and we need people too! AND we won the Quidditch Cup last month.

I dunno - any ideas?

I most certain don't fit into the description for Slytherin you gave. If anything I'd be a combo of Hufflepuff and Gryffindor. But when I first started reading the books, I automatically feel in love with Slytherin house. I don't know why... but I did. So I am, and will always be, a Slytherin! lol
  • u2fergus
    Options
    What's wrong with Slytherin?? We're an awesome bunch and we need people too! AND we won the Quidditch Cup last month.

I know, I know. Just kidding. :)
  • MacSkillz
    MacSkillz Posts: 417 Member
    Options

I know, I know. Just kidding. :)

Ok good! lol Didn't know if I would have to work on any particular spells. :wink:
  • SKP1986
    SKP1986 Posts: 392 Member
    Options

I dunno - any ideas?

Too funny. I am Slytherin and just switched from Paleo to straight low carb xD It's all about figuring out how your body works!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Here are the official rules for the Inter-House Challenge:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/bronwenhilary/view/hogwarts-inter-house-challenge-143613

Hufflepuff and Slytherin really need members, but students are welcome in all houses!
  • lalaloserpants
    lalaloserpants Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I can't decide whether I'm a ravenclaw, slytherin or gryffindor. I took a fudgeload of sorting hat quizzes and I got the same amount of ravenclaw and slytherin results but judging by the fitness profile thing Im definitely more a gryffindor, someone help me out?
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I can't decide whether I'm a ravenclaw, slytherin or gryffindor. I took a fudgeload of sorting hat quizzes and I got the same amount of ravenclaw and slytherin results but judging by the fitness profile thing Im definitely more a gryffindor, someone help me out?

Just pick whichever one you feel closest to - like bron said, of those 3 slytherin is the lightest on members.