Introductions!!

Options
MommyMiles
MommyMiles Posts: 34 Member
Hey all!

I am a mommy, a wife, a teacher, and a non-profit co-founder. I am beyond busy and feel that most days I hardly have time to breathe, nonetheless exercise and cook healthy meals. Last year, I exceeded my weight loss goals and was down 25 LBS to 130, fit in my 7 year old wedding dress, was tone, fit and didn't look half bad for a mom of three... THEN, I gained it all back, plus some.

I have three of the most beautiful boys!!

DS#1 -- BJ was born still, still loved on 06-07 (umbilical cord accident at 38 weeks gestation)
DS#2- SJ born 05-08
DS#30 GJ born 10-09

Yeah, you read right, I was pregnant for 27 months of a 36 month period. It was A LOT and took it's toll on my body. Blah! C-sections with the last two DS, which left a nasty scar where skin, and yes fat, hang over! It is a good thing my boys have my whole heart!!

Right now, I am in the middle of a 30 Day Shred challenge. Today is day 3, so I have a ways to go. I am eating pretty well!

To see my diary the key is: mom2boys

Replies

• koylefam
    koylefam Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I am a mom, wife, PE teacher, and many other things. When I met my hubby 8 years ago I was trim and fit. I soon became pregnant with my daughter and fell into the eating for 2 trap, 15 months after my DD was born I had my DS and 2 years later another DD.... no recovery time there. I dropped 35lbs. doing HCG 2 years ago.. (by the way quick fixes don't work) when i got pregnant with my 4th I piled it back on fast. I am now 15lbs from my goal weight and have lost it slow and steady. I have 4 beautiful children
    DD#1- born 04
    DS#2-born 06
    DD#3- born 08
    DD#4- born 03-07-11 giving us 20 minutes of Heaven before she went back........

I am doing this for my children and my husbadn... but above all for me. My whoole family is overweight - morbidly obese... And I believe that I deserve more from this life than the lifes I see them living. So I will set the example and hope to make a difference to them
  • gwynemalazarte
    Options
    Hello!!

I was hired and got my 2nd job - from a reputable company last june of 2010 and never thought that I will also get pregnant that time since I was so focused of my career and healthy living.

I always go to the gym - everyday and was a 110 lbs.

After I deliver my son - Zaniel Franco last Feb of this year, I was so in denial that I wont get fat just because I was on breastfeeding.

That denial stage locked in me even after breastfeeding.

I ate a lot of unhealthy foods, not having exercise and still see myself in our mirror to be a thin woman (our mirror is a great liar!!).

When my officemates went to a mall, that was the time when I realized I was so BIG already. I thought it is already impossible for me to gain back my body.

A friend of mine told me to log in to loseit.com to count the calories in take, yet i find the site unbelievable of their calorie count.

I keep on searching the calorie count of every food I have and found this site.

Now, I am very desperate and motivated to get back in shape!! I am doing this to be able to be with my son and soon to be children and my husband..Above all, I want to look great and feel great. I want to fit in in my old clothes.

It's time for a big change!! hopefully everything will put into place.

Soon, I'll weigh in and hopefully i shred some pounds..
  • gwynemalazarte
    Options
    I believe each one of us should not focus only in the thought of losing weight but on the idea of living a healthy life to be with our loved ones.

Technically, most of us - including me - usually get frustrated and demotivated easily once we put on every effort we have yet not seeing any pounds shred.

To keep in tract with what we are doing, we should just enjoy what were doing and hopefully all else will follow.

Also, pray and keep in touch with people with the same journey as yours to get motivated every single day.
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow Mommys! My name is Stacey and I am a SAHM (33) to two gorgeous girls....Lauren is 6 and Eden just turned 11months today! I have always struggled with my weight...trying several things including diet pills which made my metabolism worse! I am also a compulsive overeater! I had difficulty getting pregnant with baby #2 and found out I have elevated cortisol levels that could not be explained....this was also hindering any sort of weightloss! I got some info via the wonderful internet and took a trip to the local Natural Food Coop and took matters into my own hands! In less than 2 months I was down 25lbs and pregnant! I have been on MFP since March and (had baby in december and lost 18lbs on my own) and this site has helped me lose 32lbs!! I exercise 5-6 days per week at home...my hubby has been out in MO for work for 2 months so I try to get my workout in before kids wake up! I currently am on 2nd round of The 30 Day Shred...L1D6 today....I did it this summer and eventho I lost only 4lbs...I went down a size and lost 24inches overall so am giving it another whirl! I now weigh less than I did on my wedding day in 2004 and still have 45-50 more pounds to go...ughhh! Hopefully by summer! Glad to be a part of a group!!
  • ladym04
    Options
    Hi, Im Mealnie

Im 29 yrs old. I have 4 kids. 3 boys ages 12, 6 and 5. And my daughter is 9. I work full time 2nd shift. The hrs suck but I do what I have to. I love being a mom and my motivaton for loosing weight is my kids. I want to be healthier and have more fun running around with them.
  • celewis2011
    celewis2011 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Hi all I am Carrie , I am a mom of 3. My daughter is 17 , one son is 16 and the other is 2. I had my teens back to back they are 91/2 months a part yes 18 months of being pregnant. Then I waited 14 years to have another one, lol . I just got married for the 2nd time in May 2011. We are thinking of having another baby, we will see. I am a unemployed Pharmacy tech currently looking for work. I have most days free so besides being addicted to this website i do try to workout , then when hubby gets home we have been going to the gym for about a hr. I have lost 21 pounds since Sept. but I am still 322 pounds and would love to see one day 185. Well that is me in the short. Any one wants to add me please feel free too , I need all the help I can get.
  • GetMySkiniBack
    Options
    Hi all!

My name is Tanya. I am married and have an 8-year old son and 3-year old daughter. Our first born, Kathryn passed away 4 days after she was born (healthy we thought) from an intestinal abnormality. I had my third child almost 6 years after my son, and with each pregnancy, never quite shed the pounds to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight and it just kept creeping up. I am not overweight, just out of shape and bigger than I am used to and have a ton of clothing that I no longer fit into. When I started my current job, I weighed about 112-115. A little over a month ago I was 128. So gaining 10-12 pounds over an 8 year period (not counting a pregnancy) was not something I take lightly. Some might be happy to be my size, but I have always been used to being a certain size, feeling a certain way, etc. When I weighed 128 I felt horrible - bloated, tired, and never happy to try on 3-4 pairs of pants in the morning to try to find one that fit. I was very active, ate healthy. Up until I joined MFP, I was lazy, never exercised, and thought I could eat whatever and however much without worrying. Wrong!

So I just want to get back to my "happy" place! Little by little I'm getting there, but every day is a struggle, because I'm a girl with an appetite - I can eat and eat and eat, mindlessly and not know when to stop! Starting to feel better, but the holidays will be the ultimate challenge. Ready to be supportive and get support!

Tanya
  • koylefam
    koylefam Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    GREAT TO SEE SO MANY MOMMIES>>>>. And to know I am not alone in the loss of a little angel..............
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I'm Audra and I'm a 32 year old mommy of one 2 1/2 year old boy! I had lost about 30lbs prior to getting pregnant with him and then gained 70...so now I'm trying to lose it again...blah!

I work as a respiratory therapist in a children's hospital 5 days a week and I love my job. I work out at work before clocking in every day so I'm pretty slack on the weekends when it comes to exercise and eating.

nice to meet you all!
  • MommyMiles
    MommyMiles Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    GREAT TO SEE SO MANY MOMMIES>>>>. And to know I am not alone in the loss of a little angel..............

Sometimes, we feel like we are the only ones missing our babies, but we aren't. I have learned in the last 4 years that so many families have loss a baby, too. My non-profit supports families dealing with the love and loss of their little one. So bittersweet to meet mommies like me.
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I'm 29 with 3 kiddos from ages 10 mos to 10 yrs old. i work full time night shift as a nurse in labor and delivery. i met my prepregnancy weight back in april of this year and am now in maintenance. glad to see so many busy mommies on here working hard!!
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I'm Shannon, mommy to a 4 yr old. I divorced her dad last year; he was an alcoholic and abusive. Having gone through a terrible time sparked my desire to get healthy again. I've since moved myself and daughter across the country back home to MN, moved again to pursue better job opportunities and independence, and met my amazing boyfriend! I just started a new office job; it's much less stressful and the hours are fantastic. I'm happy in all other aspects besides my weight, so once I'm there things will be wonderful! I can't wait. :smile:
  • nellie_88
    nellie_88 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Hello... My name is Nellie, I am 29 and I have 2 kids. 13 year old son and 11 year old daughter. I am divorced but have been with my boyfriend for 11 years now, not really planning on getting married again. I am trying to lose a few more pounds, I would like to get to a weight of 115-120 pounds, I am almost there...
  • jodimull
    jodimull Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am a 35 year old mother of 2, a 4 year old and a 12 month old. I have had a life long battle with my weight. About 10 years ago I began a strict diet and exercise routine and dropped about 40 lbs. I was able to maintain that well...until pregnancy. After each pregnancy I retained 5-8 lbs. more than before each pregnancy. Of course, after each child life has gotten busier, making finding the time to exercise and prepare healthy meals a even more of a challenge. It doesn't help that I am a major emotional eater and have had some major stresses in the last few years mostly related to job losses for both me and my husband. Currently, I have about 7 lbs. to lose to reach my goal weight. These last few lbs. are the hardest and I know at my age, time is not on the side of my slowing metabolism. MFP helps keep me accountable for the over-eating and the mindless, emotional eating that I tend do.
  • melkithall
    melkithall Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a mother of three healthy energetic boys. My oldest is 8, then the 2 yr old, and my darling baby boy who is just 5mths old. Sometimes it's hard to find the time and energy to exercise, so I rely heavily on keeping track of what I eat and controlling those binging urges. I've never been really slim, but I've definitely been in better shape. I used to exercise and take weight classes in school. Then, life got busy, I stopped exercising and apparently the metabolism slowed way down. All my children have been C-section so I have this horrible pouch I'd love to get rid of. I've lost almost 40 lbs and seen it come out of my hands, feet, face and finally I have a waist again. But, the hips and pouch aren't going anywhere. It's frustrating. Plus, I have a very large chest. Especially now while I'm nursing my baby, but even before it was large. I joke sometimes that I can't see the weight loss I've had in my midsection because I can't beyond the "shelf" in the way:) Anyways, I'd love the support of other mothers who also are strapped for time and chasing after kids. Thanks.
  • mamamia05
    mamamia05 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm Jodi, 38, sahm of 5. I am a nurse although currently not working while I wait for a surgery date for my back (car accident ) I am a diabetic so for years I counted carbs and ate healthy but obviously too much :-) I'm down 93lbs and would like to get down 20-25 more to be within my goal range for my height. I love to cook and am always looking for new recipes to cook for my family..looking forward to getting to know all you!

DS#1 5-29-95
    DS#2 7-22-97
    DD#1 4-6-03
    DD#2 12-28-03 (YES..DD#2 WAS BORN 8 1/2 MO AFTER DD#1 AS SHE CAME 2 MONTHS EARLY>>I DEF WAS A SUPERMOMMA IN 03!!)
    DD#3 5-18-05
    last 2 were c-sections..
  • stemen2011
    stemen2011 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Another mama sent me here a week or two ago and I just figured out that groups have their own boards! So here I am.

I am 21 years old and a mom of two beautiful toddlers; one boy (1) and one girl (3). Husband and I think we may be done having kids!!

I am looking to loose like 100+ lbs. Come be my friend also!!
  • missmollydollyolly
    Options
    Hi my name is molly and I'm 32 and a new mom to a 10 month old boy named Mikey, i work in a gallery and an art shop, i gained weight i wanna lose by summer..would be more realistic ..im still nursing so i don't want to lack any nutrition to lose weight..i am happily engaged to a wonderful man named Mike who is really into fitness..i eat pretty healthy but probably can eat healthier..recently realized cutting out coca cola has helped my weight a lot..hmm not sure what else to say..love to make friends..even if just internet friends :)
  • hadesflame
    hadesflame Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    My name is Becca. I'm a mommy of two beautiful children. Kaylee is 22 months and Dean is 3 months. Since I got pregnant with Kaylee, I slowly put on weight until the point where I looked at the scale and it had gone over 300. I cried so much because I never wanted to be that person. With Kaylee I was on full bedrest for over 3 months and with Dean I was recovering from a car accident. So no exercise during either pregnancy. I was diagnosed with PCOS which has been a huge obstacle in the weight loss world. When I met my husband in 2001, I was a little chubby but nothing that couldn't be fixed with a little exercise. Now, I don't even like to walk past the mirror in the bathroom when I take a shower. I don't want to see what I've become. When I was little, people used to ask my mom if she fed me because I was so tiny. My parents had to put suspenders and a belt on me and my clothes were still too big. Now I'm lucky if I can find a pair of jeans at Walmart that doesn't have elastic in the waistband. I cry about how much I've gained over the years but now I think I'm ready to do something. After all, crying doesn't burn very many calories. lol
    I want to be able to play with my kids without having to sit down every few minutes because I'm winded. I want to chase the dogs around the yard. I want people to stop and stare but not be disgusted by what I look like. I'm ready for a change. Since having Dean I've lost over 20lbs. I've got a long way to go. I'm hoping to reach my goal by this time next year but I'll settle for reaching ONEderland by January.
    I'm looking forward to the support and friendship that this group has to offer.