Check in and introductions

emmab0902
emmab0902 Posts: 2,338 Member
Hi and welcome - hoping we get lots of members!

I stumbled across the 100 pushups programme, created a group then saw the other challenges. This group is for those who want to do all (or even a couple) of these challenges.

Have done my initial tests

Pushups (full ones) 8 (weakling!)
Dips 35
Squats 51
Situps 72

I must confess I could probably have done more situps but some form of ADHD kicked in around 50!

Had done day one of week one yesterday so will do day two tomorrow then try to get all in sync.

Replies

• Checking in from the other group. I'll confess, I did not do the initial test for any of them. I started in the second column of week one for all exercises, because I *want* to take 6 full weeks (and I know my test would have put me in week 3 for some of them!) I am trying to drag this out to get me through the holidays! :tongue:

I went ahead and started an initial test and week one thread for all four challenges. If anyone is on week two, three, etc... feel free to start a thread! I'll try and get one going for each new week on the weekends, but I am sure people are ahead of me.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    hi, can I join?
    Can someone please do a quick rundown of how this challenge works? I'm looking forward to it :)
    Do you do all these every day?
    Also, Q about the dips - do you do them on a chair?
    Thanks
  • emmab0902
    Hi

You do the initial test (all explained really well on the site) then the number you get determines what week/column you start in.

Yes I do my dips on a chair, but you could use a bench etc whatever suits that you can keep good form.
  • bonnt
    bonnt Posts: 171 Member
    I found this kinda late last night and haven't had a chance to do my tests today, But I'll be working on it tomorrow. Will edit post then!
  • follownocrowd
    follownocrowd Posts: 59 Member
    Hi all! I did my initial test yesterday and was able to do 20 pushups but they were on my knees. I am going to redo my initial test today but do full pushups and see how I do with those. I am thinking I will need to do the full ones if I can get out 20 on the knees.....I think all the yoga I have been doing is paying off!!
  • emmab0902
    Hi all! I did my initial test yesterday and was able to do 20 pushups but they were on my knees. I am going to redo my initial test today but do full pushups and see how I do with those. I am thinking I will need to do the full ones if I can get out 20 on the knees.....I think all the yoga I have been doing is paying off!!
    you sound similar to me. I decided to do full ones as thought on knees might get too easy. But gee the full ones are hard lol.
  • emmab0902
    Hey everyone I have just been told by a couple of people that it's not good to do the pushups and dips together - which is a bit what I had suspected. Sooooo I am going to have a think about which one to drop or if there is a way around it. If i drop one I will probably drop the dips as the pushups are my weakness of the four.
  • bonnt
    bonnt Posts: 171 Member
    or you could keep both, and have other people choose which one they want? just an idea :)
  • emmab0902
    or you could keep both, and have other people choose which one they want? just an idea :)
    I will drop the dips. Maybe when i've finished this round I will start again with a combination of dips and weighted squats. For now will need to stick to pushups, squats and situps.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Did my initial test
    squats - 60 and I could have done more but I think that already decided my category so I stopped
    pushups - 4!!! lol
    sit ups - 50
  • emmab0902
    Did my initial test
    squats - 60 and I could have done more but I think that already decided my category so I stopped
    pushups - 4!!! lol
    sit ups - 50
    lol we sound similar I got bored in the situp and squat tests but my pushups are definitely my weakest link!