Mists of Pandaria (New Wow Expansion)

Options
Krizzle4Rizzle
Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
How do you feel about it? My first thought was I hope Jack Black is doing the voice...

Replies

• kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    LOL while that is all I can visualize, honestly my first reaction was

dudewtf.jpg
  • kapeluza
    Options
    Also

mists-of-pandariafail-585x438.png
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Options
    Mine too. But I have much love for the game. I know people usually complain about the expansions, but I like see how the game evolves.
  • kapeluza
    Options
    How long have you been playing Kristy?!
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Options
    How long have you been playing Kristy?!

Since 2006. You?
  • kapeluza
    Options
    Same! I have 276 days played on my hunter alone lol!
    Which server are you on!?
  • Matttdvg
    Matttdvg Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I don't play WoW, but I love that blizzard are doing this. The Pandaren started off as an April Fools joke announcement of a fifth race in Warcraft III, and has gradually evolved into a real thing in the Warcraft lore. I love that blizzard have done that. It's crazy and awesome that an absurd April Fools joke has evolved to the point where an entire World of Warcraft expansion is based upon it.
  • xjeanie
    Options
    Also

mists-of-pandariafail-585x438.png

THIS WAS EXACTLY HOW I FELT! Although, I'm supeeeerrrr excited about the pet battle thingy...I do love my vanity pets. (what can I say, I like cute things?)

but...basing the xpac off..pandas?!
  • kendernau
    kendernau Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I'm really mixed about this. Blizzard has been great about keeping humor in WoW, and bringing in all sorts of references, which I enjoy. On the other hand, it's really hard to go from saving the world from the creators of the Titans, the Scourge, and now Deathwing, to an expansion that is focusing on a race that has been "hidden" and just likes to beat each other up to see who is the best.

The graphics look great, and the improvements to the questing and grouping look intriguing, but on the other hand it feels like they are greatly dumbing things down with the talent changes. They say it will make it less cookie cutter, and make people more individual, but from what I can see it is actually completely cookie cutter, with the talent choices only offering minor variations on a theme. It suspect the talent changes will make it a lot easier for the developers to keep the classes balanced, though.
  • kapeluza
    Options
    Haris Pilton comes to mind! Anyone ever bought a bag from that npc in Shat?! lol
  • kapeluza
    Options
    dude kristy I'm on AREA 52!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROFL!!!!!!!!!

HORDE TOO! DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNN
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    My Kirin Tor Familiar will pwn you all!

kirin_tor_familiar1.jpg

It bloody better, the time it took to get the *kitten*!
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Haris Pilton comes to mind! Anyone ever bought a bag from that npc in Shat?! lol

Yup, for the achi. Still got over 145k gold just sitting in my bags for no reason =/
  • monkeefun
    monkeefun Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I don't know how I feel about pandas lol. I'll get it though. I always do. And I always get sucked right back in for months at a time. I'm in a lull right now, but I'll be back in Azeroth when this is out.
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    panderan may have started out as a joke in warcraft III but they were a huge hit.

I'm excited for the expansion, if i'm still playing wow when it comes out. Not just for the panderans either, i'm hoping they succeed in giving us more to do end game and getting people OUT of stormwind and orgimar.
  • leilahh
    leilahh Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm excited for it. I love the Panderans.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Looks like a reasonable expansion, the additional features will be interesting. The 'kung fu panda' references that are floating around are tedious, though.

Talents now -are- cookie cutter. There's always a mathematically-best spec. Just because you can screw it up doesn't make it better than a set that is more fool proof.

It might be nice to not have to gimp yourself in PVE to have a viable PVP spec, though... if that is in the cards.
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Options
    What I find funny was blizzard got offended by people refering to this expansion as 'Kung Fu Panda Pokemon'. How did they not think that was going to happen?

That aside, I am excited about the new xpac. I have liked every xpac. I find it funny when people complain about the game changing. Isn't that what you pay for? Fresh content? I just hope they don't rush it. Any word on a release date?
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Not yet. But consider that Deathwing is coming soon. Then look at the time from Arthas to Cataclysm and that will give you an idea.
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Options
    Not yet. But consider that Deathwing is coming soon. Then look at the time from Arthas to Cataclysm and that will give you an idea.

I hope they wait awhile and really really make it great. I would gladly wait until 2013 for an awesome xpac.