Work Outs

Options
merzback
merzback Posts: 453 Member
Where do you guys work out? I have a very cheap membership to Ballys- there have been so many gyms that have sprung up in the last couple years which makes it great due to competition. Years ago, a bally's membership would have been 40 a month- how you can get it for 9.99 every 2 weeks.
I love LA fitness but it's more expensive- but has way better classes.

Replies

• Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I used to go to LAFitness and I liked it but I just work out at home now with dvd's. Eventually I hope to get a treadmill too.
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    Anyone ever been or know anything of "Snap Fitness"?

I'm currently working out at home but I drive by this a lot....
  • mcanavan05
    mcanavan05 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    you can get LAfitness for 25 or 20 bucks a month now.
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    I work out at home. Right now I am doing Rev Abs. Hopefully will be incorporating kettlebells in the future.
  • goateelocks
    Options
    i did workout at Snap Fitness. i liked it, but it is limited in the services that they offer. immacookie, if you wish to know i would gladly give you more information.

i now belong to LA Fitness in East Norriton. i am trying to get there on a regular basis.

jack
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I currently workout at home and take 1-2 Zumba classes per week since a few of my local churches offer them for $5 per class. I used to belong to Bally's in Center City, but cancelled that membership a few years ago. I may consider joining there again or trying the LA Fitness that is near my house.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I work out at home or I run around my neighborhood. Lately I've been using the Schukill (I know I killed that word) river trail for running. I did the 3 free days at 12th St Gym though and I really liked it. I'm thinking of joining.
  • merzback
    Options
    How can you get a membership at LA fitness for 20 dollars a month? I thought it was 35 a month?
    What home workouts do you do? I am a huge fan of chalene johnson and Turbo Jam/Kick
  • mcanavan05
    mcanavan05 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    LAFit is offering a plan of 25 right now with 150 signup. I've been a member from East Norriton since 08, then moved to then started going to the collegeville and pottstown locations (home/work areas). They offered me 20 bucks if I paid for 3 yrs. I took it since I was paying 35.
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    How can you get a membership at LA fitness for 20 dollars a month? I thought it was 35 a month?
    What home workouts do you do? I am a huge fan of chalene johnson and Turbo Jam/Kick

Me too! I've had all the Turbo Jams for years and loved doing Turbokick years ago when my old gym had it. I just recently got TurboFire and ChaLEAN Extreme. I'm doing the hybrid schedule now.
  • karenzephyr
    Options
    Im a member of Planet Fitness- 10 per month but I think it's really just machines,not classes. I'd love to try Zumba- Rae- is there a place that has it during the day?
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Im a member of Planet Fitness- 10 per month but I think it's really just machines,not classes. I'd love to try Zumba- Rae- is there a place that has it during the day?
    This is why I'm considering 12th St Gym. It's more expensive but they have tons of classes. Last I checked it was $30-$0/month. They have more classes than any other place I've cchecked out, plus a pool.

The workouts I do at home are a Jillian Michaels kettlebell dvd and a pilates dvd. I also have a small cheap stair climber which fits under my bed and a Gazelle Ellitptical machine. The elliptical is non-electronic and has no resistance. But it folds for space and was cheap.
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options

Unfortunately, most of the classes that I know of around here are in the evenings. I do know of a Saturday morning class in Manayunk that I have thought about checking out since I live not too far from Manayunk. Some of the area gyms might have it during the day too.
  • StarrBodies
    StarrBodies Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Work and train at 12th Street Gym.
  • merzback
    Options
    What gym had Turbo Kick around here?
    HUGE fan of Chalene- do you have her new book?