Welcome! Please introduce yourself

Options
I started this group for those using Parelli or like natural horsemanship - where we can share our goals and fun stories. If you are a member of the Savvy Club and which to join up with someone on Parelli Connect feel free to share whatever information you like.

My name is Maggie, I have an 11yr old sabino paint gelding named Lee and I bought him when I turned 40 (4 years ago). I started Level I with him through the home study DVD's on my own in March 2008 and I think it's high time I actually get my assessment done and move on. I'm a definate middle-liker (for those who have watched the Level II old DVD's you'll know what I mean. I like beginnings - I get all excited about trying something new and I jump in with both feet. I like middles too - that's my comfort zone and unfortunately that's where i stay in most of my projects. After 4 yrs of "middle" I need to push myself and get going before my horse turns to me and asks "you know - you are the most boring human I know"

Replies

• myoung1271
    Options
    Hello! I am new to using MFP and was thrilled to find the group. I am a Parelli a level 3 student and own a farm called Natural Horse Lover Farm. You can find me on Parelli Connect, Facebook, Blogger, and on my website http://naturalhorseloverfarm.com all links and connections are on the website. I look forward to connecting and wish you all the best in your horsemanship and in your missions to better health.
  • Amanaka2012
    Amanaka2012 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello!! My name is Amanda

I am new to My Fitness Pal-- and I am very happy to see a Parelli group!! I am a very a happy owner of a 10 year old Trakehner/Saddlebred mare. I have been learning Natural Horsemanship with her for almost 2 years now. It is just recently that I have gotten back in the saddle this past month (had a horse back riding accident that resulted in me not being allowed to ride for a year- as well as developing some fear of riding) I wouldn't have been able to do it without my great NH trainer and learning about Parelli Horsemanship. I have no idea what level I am at, however I am amazed at how much may horse has changed in the saddle after getting a good foundation in her groundwork! We are so much happier now--

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!!
  • Midnight444
    Midnight444 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi... :flowerforyou:

I started horseback riding lessons when I was 6 yrs. old... We have 3 horses that we keep here on our property... Teddy, 27 yrs. old Standardbred, we don't ride him anymore, he gets kind of acky at times... Fritzy, 13 yrs. old Foundation Quarter Horse we've had since he was 2 yrs. old, I'd love to be able to do cow work with him someday, he loves doing that... and Otis, very big & stocky 15 yrs. old, black Percheron/Quarter Horse cross... I used to do jumping when I was younger and I love to trail ride and work on basic dressage type things in the ring, and I love doing groundwork with them... Some day I would love to learn how to drive with Fritzy and or Otis, Otie already knows what he is doing, apparently he was used for logging and also apparently use to be a carriage horse... Due to health issues, anxiety, weakness, shakiness, and being overweight, I have not been able to ride much in the past few years, but am hoping so badly to be able to work back up to doing more and more with them, and maybe even jumping again some day...

When we found our trainer after we got Fritzy, she introduced us to Buck Brannaman's horsemanship... She has a background in dressage and jumping. When she became seriously injured years ago, she was brought to one of Buck's clinics and that was her introduction to Natural Horsemanship... I also really like Ray Hunt, Tom Dorrance, Bryan Neubert, and Joe Wolter... I am always amazed at some of the things I was taught while growing up about handling horses, some things were so negative and very counter-productive and downright unsafe... versus the ways of Natural Horsemanship, which are so much safer and easier... I love learning more and more about horses and why they so what they do... I love working on improving my communication with them so that we can work in better harmony together and build on our skills both physically and mentally... and spiritually too... also it helps so much to feel so much safer around them too and work on the "less is more" philosophy... Horses are not just a hobby for me... they are my life... :heart:

So nice to meet everyone... :flowerforyou: