Connecticut

Options

Replies

• Londaloo
    Londaloo Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Wow so many CT people! This would be a great place to post any activities in the local area!
  • starbucksbuzz
    starbucksbuzz Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Bridgeport, right on the Stratford line. Thinking of moving to Milford. -_-

Milford is gorgeous, also if you move, PM me - theres this lady that teaches yoga at her private beach house, and its the most awesome thing you'll ever do in the spring / summer. :)
  • Yakisoba
    Yakisoba Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Milford is gorgeous, also if you move, PM me - theres this lady that teaches yoga at her private beach house, and its the most awesome thing you'll ever do in the spring / summer. :)

Oh! Thank you! I went to high school in Milford (Lauralton Hall), so I know the place pretty well, but I've never heard of her. Does she only do it in the spring and summer?
  • Londaloo
    Options

Oh! Thank you! I went to high school in Milford (Lauralton Hall), so I know the place pretty well, but I've never heard of her. Does she only do it in the spring and summer?

I went to LH too!
  • Cordy_in_CT
    Cordy_in_CT Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm in Redding.
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options

I'd love to get more info too, I'm always at Milford beaches, Siver Sands and Walnut.
  • starbucksbuzz
    Options

I'd love to get more info too, I'm always at Milford beaches, Siver Sands and Walnut.

I'm not sure if she does it inside in the winter because she has a sunroom or if its just spring and summer. I found her on meetup.com - I can't access that site from work but will look up her info when I get home. I was working in milford last year and used to go before work - but since milford is like 30 min drive I always forget to try and go up there on saturdays now. (I now work about 10 min from home and really couldn't do the 30 min drive there and back before work) Usually there were two or three people there, so you got some one on one time and she really tailored the classes to your level.

Oh and thanks Londaloo :)
  • Londaloo
    Options
    Welcome :)
  • Rissyroo513
    Rissyroo513 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm in between Waterbury and Torrington on Rte 8.
  • starbucksbuzz
    Options
    Here's the info for Yoga on the Beach :)http://www.meetup.com/Yoga-at-the-Beach/events/40969452/
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Here's the info for Yoga on the Beach :)http://www.meetup.com/Yoga-at-the-Beach/events/40969452/

Thanks for this info, that sounds really nice!
    I live in MA now, but I grew up in Milford and have been thinking about moving back in the next year or so.
  • wo1wendy
    wo1wendy Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am on the Mass line too. Out by Sturbridge. Looking for a walker to join me and my dog
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I'm in West Hartford.
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    Check out this site.....www.hitekracing.com. Under Calendar, there is a ton of races in CT and the surrounding area!
  • IvySummers
    Options
    Oakville here. Right outside of Waterbury.
  • Rissyroo513
    Rissyroo513 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi CT MFP Peeps! I currently live in New Britain (hate the city, but I live right next to CCSU, so I walk their campus!).

Does anyone know of a place to go cross-country skiing within 30-45 minutes of Hartford? Hopefully not expensive as well! :)

Ski Sundown in New Hartford, prices aren't bad and the slopes are pretty good.
  • xxPeppaxx
    xxPeppaxx Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hi from CT....started over 12/14 for the umpteenth time...sooooooo

here we gooooooooo
  • Jenna70
    Jenna70 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hi CT MFP Peeps! I currently live in New Britain (hate the city, but I live right next to CCSU, so I walk their campus!).

Does anyone know of a place to go cross-country skiing within 30-45 minutes of Hartford? Hopefully not expensive as well! :)

Ski Sundown in New Hartford, prices aren't bad and the slopes are pretty good.

I thought Sundown was downhill skiing... I will check them out for cross-country, thanks!
  • MotivateMeg
    MotivateMeg Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    middletown, ct! yay so mant ct peeps!

I'm in Middletown also!
  • KimG726
    KimG726 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm in Southington - exciting to see so many CT people here!!