Down state New York

Options
engineman312
engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
Hey everyone. Danny here. I live in Brooklyn, and have lived in new york city my whole life. Looking for other people from the five boroughs, long island, and Westchester. To meet up, go to some fitness events such as races, triathlons, mud runs, our whatever.

I'm doing the rugged maniac mud run next saturday in brooklyn, my first race of any kind. I'm doing a thanksgiving 5k, and in june I'm doing my first triathlon,a sprint, on long island in hempstead.

Replies

• engineman312
    Options
    bump. really? no one from the greatest city in the world?
  • skinnyminniexx
    skinnyminniexx Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    i'm from westchester!
  • FlyEaglesGuy
    FlyEaglesGuy Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I'm from New Yorkkkkkkk!

Concrete jungle where dreams of, there's nothing you can do!
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Love the picture my husband is a JETS fan also even after sunday night :smile:
  • Wisks
    Wisks Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Live in Stamford but work in city. Belong to NYRRC and do most of my races with them.
  • engineman312
    Options
    I'm from New Yorkkkkkkk!

New York, concrete jungle where dreams are made of, there's nothin' you can't do*
  • FlyEaglesGuy
    FlyEaglesGuy Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I'm from New Yorkkkkkkk!

New York, concrete jungle where dreams are made of, there's nothin' you can't do*

Oops! Lol
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    From Fairfield County, CT, is that close enough?
  • MDLNH
    MDLNH Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Born & Raised in NY - just about an hour north of NYC (Town of Newburgh)

*Now living in NH (since '93)
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    Hey I am in Mt. Vernon and work in Manhattan. Ran my first 5k this weekend and finished in 34:21. I am thinking about running another in the Bronx on Thanksgiving day at 9am (combat the food to come!).
  • elsham
    elsham Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Brooklyn!!!! Not born, but raised =)
  • Silverhillbilly
    Options
    From Long Island but now live in Queens, NY - Any events that are coming up plz all let me know about it...I'm in!
  • FunkyGranolaTree
    FunkyGranolaTree Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Im out on the Island... is that close enough for you?? :smile:
  • fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    LI
  • hhcote
    hhcote Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Orange County
  • rockstarginaa
    rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    Long Island here. Training for LI Marathon in May :)
  • dmf711
    dmf711 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Long Island (but maybe not for long.....) born and raised here, but I'm dying to move south and start a new career to match my new health and fitness lifestyle. I'm always up for a group class, hiking, a walk on the boardwalk, intramural sports.... you name it, I'm there!
  • alieschaefer
    Options
    How is your training going. I have never ran a marathon but my husband and I along with friends of ours are going to do the Half Marathon instead of the full...Gotta start somewhere. I havent tried to run more than the 6.5 miles I ran a few months ago so I really need to get on it! Good luck!
  • alieschaefer
    Options
    Just joined this group. From Long Island...Nassau County... mostly train at the gym nowadays but once weather warms up just a lil more for me, I'd love to possibly meet up for walks/runs on the boardwalk in Long Beach, parks, etc...
  • rockstarginaa
    rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    How is your training going. I have never ran a marathon but my husband and I along with friends of ours are going to do the Half Marathon instead of the full...Gotta start somewhere. I havent tried to run more than the 6.5 miles I ran a few months ago so I really need to get on it! Good luck!

It's tough, but it is going. I'm very anxious to get to the race and have been experimenting with a bunch of things on my long runs. Are you guys doing the LI half in May?