Introductions....

Options
DietingMommy08
DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
The group is coming along quite well, we have 44 members now.

Welcome mommys. :o)

So lets get to know eachother and make some new friends!!

Tell us a little bit about yourself and your goals.

I myself an a single parent of a 3 year old son, i work full time for yuba county and study human services at our local community college. I have been overweight my whole life due to Hypothyroidism and being lazy. (Lol). I had lost weight before and almost reached my now goal weight when I found out I was pregnant with my son. Having toxemia I gained 100lbs!! I have since then gone thru my own issues before deciding to jump back up and lose this weight again!!
My starting weight was 260. I am currently at 239 and would LOVE to one day be around 140. Wish me luck! Lol.

Replies

• wildhehr2
    wildhehr2 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm a stay at home mom of 2 boys (ages 7 and 5) and a girl (age 3). Except for a few years in high school when I starved myself, I've always been chubby/overweight. I have an identical twin, who has always been the "skinny" one.
    I had gestational diabetes with all three pregnancies, and had three c sections (my boys were 9lbs and 9.5lbs). Both my boys had heart surgery to correct a genetic defect (my oldest at age 7 months, and my second at age 2.5 years), so I've only been trying to lose weight about 2 years. I run a 20K race in June, and a half marathon in October, and I've completed one full marathon in 6 hours, 19 minutes. My husband finally decided to lose weight himself (he's lost 30lbs in 9 weeks), so I've decided to get going on my weight loss as well...I don't feel guilty taking time for myself now.
    I started Labor Day weekend at 181lbs, joined MFP in october at 177lbs, and would love to get down to the 140 range. I don't care how long it takes me...although by march (and my annual girls' shopping trip) would be great.
  • lucyhoneychurch
    lucyhoneychurch Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Melissa, a stay-at-home mom and have two boys and a girl, ages 5, 4 and 3. Having three kiddos in a row wasn't quite an accident, but I got really lazy about eating and didn't rush to get back into pre-pregnancy shape. I had gotten disgusted with how I looked and finally decided to do something about it. You can read my weight loss story here if you're interested (with pics!):
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/374412-finally-after-6-months-37-lbs-i-m-ready-to-share

Now, at my goal weight and at the best shape of my life, I am pissed off because the belly fat remains. I am working hard on it by doing Jillian Michaels DVDs, running 2x/wk, lifting weights (amateur), and changing how I eat. I think it's going to take a long time, but I'm putting in the time now and hopefully will see a payoff in the future. Unless someone comes along and tells me it's hopeless. :sad:

Hope to hear more about all of you! :wink:
  • bonnt
    bonnt Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody, I'm Teresa. I'm a stay at home mom to my 3 month old daughter, Haileigh. I have also been overweight my entire life. I'm almost 5'5, and the lightest I"ve been is 170. I met myboyfriend and ballooned up to 200 and then got pregnant and got up to 227. I'm now 216 lbs, and I'd like to get down to 150. I look forward to hearing about you all and getting to know you girls!
  • kimberley_1
    kimberley_1 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone I’ve just joined,
    I am a mum of two children one 6 year old boy soon to be 7 in Dec and one 3 year old girl ... before I was pregnant I was 150lbs and I’ve been going up and down a lot since 2004 and got to my heaviest in may this year 2011 to 215 and I’ve lost just over 30lbs since then and now in down to 184 with about 30lbs more to go...
    My weights slowed down a lot the past 2 months it’s really hard to loose now...
    Anyways look forward to chatting to you lot since you have kids and are probably going or have gone fru the same as me
    Xxx
  • Elixandra
    Elixandra Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! :flowerforyou:

Im a stay at home mom of to boys. A crazy 11 month old and my 5 year old. I was never really over weight until I had my first son. I never lost all of my weight from him. I was 145 before I got preg and my highest weight was 210 the day my second little guy was born. Im 5'6 and now weight 159 with the help of MFP. I still have a slight belly thats making me crazy. Its not as bad as it was before though. Im having a hard time lately getting motivated and back on track since xmas. But im really trying to get there again.
  • MJGiesler
    Options
    Hi! My name is Maggie - 28 yo and a mommy of two UNDER the age of TWO. Needless to say, life is busy!
    My son, Benjmamin will be 23 months on Feb. 1 and my daughter Claire just turned 10 months on Jan. 21.

Having our babies back to back was a bit of an 'OMG! OOOPS!', but it was the best thing that ever happened to us. We have two healthy, beautiful growing kids (and a boy and a girl!), that are the light of my life.

But, with having kids so close together comes some downfalls:
    1) I was not able to lose all of my baby weight from my son before I got pregnant with my daughter.
    2) Life is SOOO busy and hectic, I pull the "I have no time to work out or eat healthy" card all the time.
    3) Life is pretty stressfull at times :-/

I have definitely lost most of my baby weight from both kids now, BUT my belly is just as flabby as can be and I have been really struggling with staying on track with a healthy diet. I will do great for a few days, then lose control, and then I feel guilty so I think I have to starve myself to get back on track, and that only leads to another binge. UGH. I am so sick of this cycle. I am looking for a group of mommies to help me stay on track and also a group that knows how frustrating and hard it is to get that pre-mommy belly back.

Thanks for listening!
    Maggie
  • TheCountryMomma
    TheCountryMomma Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! Just want to introduce myself real quick. I am a busy working mom and wife here in Colorado. We have a little girl who is a year and half old and in the heart of the Terrible Two stage, so even though I have just one little one right now, between work, our daughter and taking care of the home, I find myself working out to release all the tension from my duties.

I am on a journey to lose the last 25 lbs that remain from my pregnancy weight.....life kinda threw a punch at us the last year and my dedication to fitness was delayed. Now that things have smoothed out, I am able to dedicate more time to myself and getting back in shape! It's always nice to connect with others, whether you know them or not, especially other moms, because we all know the challenges of lack of time, being busy, etc! I look forward to connecting with many of you!!
  • Kandygirl
    Kandygirl Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    hi guys, im kandace. im a 25 year old mother of 3. (10, 4 and 2 months boy, girl, boy). my last little man was a big boy (9lb 8oz) and though i didn't gain a ton of weigh im still a bit of a chunky butt. lol. my stomach hasn't been flat in a loooong time. im trying to fix that. im a stay at mom but i do work weekends. im hoping to lose about 40 pounds and get my cute belly back again.