Favorite places to eat

Options
Photoology
Photoology Posts: 121 Member
I know going out and trying to find something healthy to eat can either be easy (because the place rocks and has the nutrition facts sitting right there) or the toughest in the world...

What are some of your favorite places to go in Baltimore that won't put me over my cals by a week :)

Replies

• sweetsexy43
    sweetsexy43 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Good Morning..What type of food do you like? Do you mind trying new things..i.e..Tofu..etc. It depends on what your taste buds are like. I've noticed over the last year or maybe when i started my journey to start focusing on calories. Every restaurant i've encountered now list their calories. I will think really hard on it and come back to the discussion with options for ya!

Barbara
  • mielikkibz
    mielikkibz Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    unfortunately my favorite place to eat doesn't have their calories posted(Stoneyriver), it's not bad on most things, but their omg so delicious little poppyseed rolls I'd really like to knwo the calories on. .. we've been hitting outback & macaroni grill, but I'm one who believes in not forcing yourself to eat miserably just to lose weight. .. I usually bring 2/3+ of the steak back after having a salad and some bread, and that lasts me for 2-3 lunches LOL
  • Photoology
    Photoology Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Good Morning..What type of food do you like? Do you mind trying new things..i.e..Tofu..etc. It depends on what your taste buds are like. I've noticed over the last year or maybe when i started my journey to start focusing on calories. Every restaurant i've encountered now list their calories. I will think really hard on it and come back to the discussion with options for ya!

Barbara

I like to eat in general and am willing to try most things. I don't eat fried food in general just because of the after effects it has on my stomach.

I have a harder time figuring out calories at the small hole in the wall places (i.e. Indian restaurants or something ethnic) and I always find myself guessing.
  • Savemyshannon
    Savemyshannon Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I've recently found and love Sofi's Crepes. There's one downtown, one near Towson, and a couple more sprinkled all over (you can find locations on their website). They have a crepe with spinach, mushrooms, sunflower seeds, gruyere cheese and some pepper sauce which is AMAZING. I usually ask them to go light on the sauce and cheese to keep the calories as low as possible, but the meal overall is very filling, delicious, and is actually pretty healthy, if you go easy on the cheese and sauce.
  • ahadj
    ahadj Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Omg, Sofi's Crepes are SO GOOD. I got the Nutella banana.... oh wait, we're trying to talk about healthy things. Whoops :)

I live downtown near Camden Yards, and Frank and Nic's is our local "I don't feel like cooking" choice. I usually just get their chicken sandwich and replace the fries with asparagus or a side salad, then don't eat the bun on the sandwich. Or I get their chopped salad, no bacon and no croutons.

Plus on Wednesdays they have locals night, so if you live in 21201 or 21202 or you're a UMD grad student you get half off all entrees. Although I was a little disappointed when I found out that "entrees" doesn't include salads and sandwiches -- just actual "entree" platters like fish, crab cakes, etc.
  • SHINAS
    SHINAS Posts: 24
    Options
    im not a vegetarian but i love the food. my fave places are *the Yabba Pot*, One World Cafe and and i love TeaVolve gterat low cal food
  • tibicinadulcis
    Options
    Oooh I've been wanting to try the One World Cafe. What do you recommend?
  • Lioness102
    Lioness102 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Yabba Pot has since closed:( now the Land of Kush is my fav! @ one world cafe I always get veggie burrito or just salad. Usually can't go wrong with their menu. :drinker: