Wedding Themes :)

Options
2»

Replies

• Naomi113
    Naomi113 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I know I am a little behind on this one, but I'm joining in anyway.

We are doing a fun, bright colored theme that really encompasses the fun, freee spirited "us." Each of our bridesmaids will be in a different bubblegum color (bright pink, green, blue and purple). Table clothes are black with runners alternating from table to table matching the colors of the bridesmaids. Our centerpieces are three different sized vessels with candy in them (also the take home gift). It's really fun! :)

OMG how awesome i love your idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that will look AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you could also have a little gift bag and they can take the lollies for there gifts LOL so chap :) really hope everyone posts a photo to show some of it when we have our weddings !!
  • Jillian1104
    Jillian1104 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm WAY behind on this, but wanted to chime in as well.

We are actually doing a "hockey themed" wedding. We both love the New Jersey Devils and are huge hockey fans in general. That being said, my colors were chosen based on the Devils throw back jerseys (dark red and light green). Course it helps that my favorite color is also red. BMs are wearing the red dresses and their flowers are green cymbidium orchids. Our grooms cake is a stanley cup, favors are hockey pucks, cake toppers are hockey players, and each table number is going to be modeled off of the playoff standings for this past season's Eastern Conference.

The wedding itself is a very traditional Catholic wedding, so we'd thought it'd be fun to incorporate hockey into the reception. :bigsmile:
  • droogievesch
    Options
    Since it was revived, I figured I'd throw in my theme :)

I'm not sure exactly what to call it, maybe "vintage glam"? Think 1920's Hollywood. Everything is going to be black, ivory, and gold. My dress is all lace, the groom will be in tails. My bouquet will be 99% jewels (okay, rhinestones) and 1% flowers. My girls will by carrying roses and calla lilies in an arm spray.

The actual ceremony is going to be in a park garden and the reception will be right on the river (and conveniently on the trolley loop-so we get free shuttle service!). We're having live doves being released and a champagne fountain. For wedding cakes I couldn't decide on one, so we are buying over 20. For favors we're giving away sparklers (July 6th wedding), sunglasses (outdoor wedding), and if the reception hall will allow it-Gatorade (we're BIG drinkers, and the hangovers will be brutal). Everything of mine will be glitter and rhinestones, but I don't want a lot of contemporary/cliche things going on. It's weird.

A little under a year until the big day, and everything is planned...now I just need to come up with all the money (which is easier said than done!)
  • arendiva
    arendiva Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I'm having a hard time picking one theme. I've only just got engaged and there are 3 ideas boucning around in my head.

The first is a vintage romantic feel with a lace wedding gown and center pieces made of roses and candelabras.

The second is autumn. I plan on having an outdoor wedding/reception (under a pavillion) in the fall when foliage is at it's peak. So it would be kinda cool to have a fall themed wedding. I've seen some amazing centerpieces that use pumpkins and goards.

The third is Octoberfest. I'm fiancee is a brewer. He has always said that for our wedding he really want to brew a special beer for our guests and serve it at the wedding. We've also discuss having personalized pint glasses as a wedding favor and bottling a special beer for guest to take home. since our wedding will be during octoberfest anyway it could easily take on that theme.

I really don't know how to choose between the 3. I think the 1st would be the prettiest and the third would be the one my fiancee would like the best. Number 2 could be a good compremise (especially if my fiancee does his famed pumpkin ale) sigh choices choices choices...

Thoughts anyone?
  • droogievesch
    Options
    I'm having a hard time picking one theme. I've only just got engaged and there are 3 ideas boucning around in my head.

The first is a vintage romantic feel with a lace wedding gown and center pieces made of roses and candelabras.

The second is autumn. I plan on having an outdoor wedding/reception (under a pavillion) in the fall when foliage is at it's peak. So it would be kinda cool to have a fall themed wedding. I've seen some amazing centerpieces that use pumpkins and goards.

The third is Octoberfest. I'm fiancee is a brewer. He has always said that for our wedding he really want to brew a special beer for our guests and serve it at the wedding. We've also discuss having personalized pint glasses as a wedding favor and bottling a special beer for guest to take home. since our wedding will be during octoberfest anyway it could easily take on that theme.

I really don't know how to choose between the 3. I think the 1st would be the prettiest and the third would be the one my fiancee would like the best. Number 2 could be a good compremise (especially if my fiancee does his famed pumpkin ale) sigh choices choices choices...

Thoughts anyone?

Do them all! Get your lace gown and candelabras. Instead of roses do pumpkins/gourds or fall leaves (will look best with golden candelabras). Let your fiance brew the beer to serve (if it's legal, check your state laws and reception contract). Don't feel like yoooouuuuu need to just have one. You and your fiance are very multi faceted people, let your wedding show it!
  • Frag_Bunny
    Frag_Bunny Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I guess our theme is a kind of elegant country?? if that makes sense. We are using Black white and Red for most of the decorations, dresses, flowers, table clothes ect but then we are looking into wild flowers or sunflowers for center pieces with mason jars or old milk bottles. We are have a buffet BBQ for the dinner also...much cheaper than a 5 course meal and since we are paying for it ourselves...and i'm a full time student and he is still an automotive apprentice...we dont have a ton of cash to work with. I was also thinking of doing an old fashioned candy bar and borrowing my dads vintage popcorn popper to make a dessert bar for the favours...fiance and i are still debating it though because he want a favour people will use.
  • serena569
    serena569 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    January 2014. We're getting married in a beautiful stone pavilion in a county park. Fireplace. Dance hall. The whole bit. That's too rustic for wonderland. So I thought winter ski lodge. I finally settled on snowflakes. The colors are violet, silver, and white. I'm getting so excited!