Political Junkies apply within

Options
MassiveDelta
MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
Come one come all! IF you cant keep from reading Huffpo or The Drudge Report then you better step inside and have a seat.

Tell us a little about yourself

<< thats me a long time ago

I'm 36 married with children and live in Iowa
I vote in every election and Im highly informed not only in current events but also history. I love to argue but also Im willing to listen to other view points if presented with some semblance of logic.

Replies

• bluemist248
    bluemist248 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I'm a political sociology student from the UK. I also vote, though admittedly, I've only been old enough to vote in the last UK general election and a couple of the local elections in the past few years.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Great welcome I'd love to learn more about British parliament.
  • LeahMarieZR
    Options
    Hello, I enjoy observing politics and political people. My opinions are generally liberal although i dont like being put into a nice tidy box. A good discussion is something to look forward too but is truly enjoyable when it is conducted with respect. Sometimes, opinions can be changed. Leah
  • Bahet
    Bahet Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 41 and live in VA. I love discussing politics. I'm an independant which means I vote for whomever will screw me over the least. Someday I'd like to vote for the best again instead of the lesser of 2 evils. I'm pretty socially liberal but fiscally conservative.
  • bluemist248
    bluemist248 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I'm an independant which means I vote for whomever will screw me over the least.

Yes! That's exactly how I vote too!
  • sia12345
    sia12345 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am from Norway. I am a member of the Labour party here and very opinionated socialdemocrat. I am also active within the party and have some responibilities when it comes to local politics. I am very interested in health and wellfare mostly and would like to work within that field in politics when I am done with my studies in psychology. I am a leader in a mental health council as well as some other networks.
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Hello, fellow political junkies!

I'm actually a polical junkie in the making, not quite there yet, but I'm working towards it! :laugh:

My name is Leah, and I'm a political science major. Very far-left liberal, as I'm sure you would have found out from a post or two from me.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Far left liberal here. I've always been interested in politics, but it wasn't until I realized that these people directly affected me that I felt passionate about it. Being forced into a war that I felt morally opposed to pushed me over the edge from a more centrist belief, to a far left one.
  • Regmama
    Regmama Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I'm a proud Catholic first, (I'd say conservative, but I do agree with the Church's teachings regarding many social issues for the poor and illegal immigrants, which isn't always in line with political conservatives, and of course I'm staunchly pro-life, and that includes the death penalty). And as long as you know that I am alway right we'll get along fine ;)
  • Marll
    Marll Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I'm 35, married, 1 child and a veteran and child of a retired veteran. I am also an Atheist and generally consider myself conservative or libertarian.

I tend to be opposed to most liberal views on entitlement programs in the US, fiscal responsibility, military, education, healthcare and anything involving the USDA. I do tend to lean more liberal on issues such as animal rights/cruelty, conservation, and well, I think that may be it :tongue:

I like to debate politics and other related issues with people that can form a rational argument for their position and not resort to name calling, pulling the race card, or just regurgitating talking points for their party.
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I'm 28 years old. And, I'm a Republican. I have always been interested in politics... since I was little and my mom would drag me to all of her political meetings. Now that I'm older, I still hold most of her views... but, they have become my own views. And, believe me... not even me and my mom hold all of the same views anymore. I feel strongly about what I believe... but, I respect others' rights to have their beliefs. I love good debates... but, only if they stay clean (without name calling and judgements).
  • robert65ferguson
    robert65ferguson Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a very active pensioner still trying to make a positive contribution to society. I spent my whole working career with a major telecommunications company. My political instinct and conviction would probably be left of centre although I try to choose the best candidate irrespective of their political affiliation. Living in Northern Ireland has taught me to appreciate the value of dialogue and the need to see the person behind the political/cultural label. My views and attitudes hopefully reflect my faith. I'm a committed christian and seek to carry God's image with integrity in everything I do. I enjoy mature discussions, particularly those across cultural/national boundaries. I hope to gain understanding from the other members in the group and get behind what the mass media would present.