Hello!

Options
I'm Cass and I'm new to both MFP and being vegan. I decided early this summer that I was tired of knowing how bad meat/dairy are for me and doing nothing (well, except continue to eat them). I stopped eating meat, dairy and eggs (I still eat honey, only local) and I have never felt better! My husband deployed shortly after and I quickly got lazy, staying vegan but eating way too much processed junk because it was fast and easy. I'm now back to eating vegan AND healthy and hoping I can get some support from people who understand.

Replies

• claram5415
    claram5415 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I think you'll find MFP helpful. I know I have. Like you, I've gotten lazy a bit. Time to get back to eating healthy. For me, planning and thinking ahead helps a lot. When I haven't thought about what to pack for lunch, and rush out of the house, I wind up eating junk on my lunch break. So changing that.
    Your pic looks like you're a young mom and your husbands in the military? That can be challenging. I have a nephew in the Navy, posted on a ship going to different parts of the world, and his wife is holding down the fort with 3 kids. Feel free to make me a friend and If you need an encouraging word, just send me a message.
    Remember no matter how busy you are, fruit and raw veggies are quick and easy to grab!
  • CassOfAllTrades
    CassOfAllTrades Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Yup, I have three kids! And I'd like to think 28 is still young, although sometimes I feel so much older. ;)

The navy has to be hard, from what I hear it's 6 months in, 6 months out on the ship? My husband is gone training a lot when he's not deployed, but it's usually never longer than 3 months. I think it would be harder to do such long stretches.

I've been trying to have snack bags of fruits and veggies in the fridge to just grab and go but I've recently acquired OAS (oral allergy syndrome) and most fruits and some vegetables that aren't cooked cause me to have an allergic reaction. It's getting harder and harder to find quick, healthy snacks! I'm down to carrots, celery and green beans now.