UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
Good morning :)

Replies

• El_Rapido
    Options
    Its afternoon! :)
  • El_Rapido
    Options
    I should start packing for our trip away, I leave early tomorrow morning but I'm just enjoying not working today. I haven't done anything constructive yet.....
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    aha! Morning still here!

Today is strictly a weight lifting day. Going to work on deltoids, back and hamstrings. Oh and going to do some abs, too.
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    Fridays are rest days for me. I usually struggle with this but I know how important rest is. I will be leaving work early to head out for a road trip to see family (my dad!! I haven't seen in in 2 years)!! I am packing my running bag and will find somewhere to log some miles tomorrow morning.
  • sharonsjones
    sharonsjones Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Well I leave this afternoon when I get off work to head to San Antonio. Will pick up my race packet Saturday and the run is Sunday. I am very nervous and excited. My husband is all calm, not nervous at all. Wish I could be like that. Can't wait to mark that off my "To do list"!
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Well I leave this afternoon when I get off work to head to San Antonio. Will pick up my race packet Saturday and the run is Sunday. I am very nervous and excited. My husband is all calm, not nervous at all. Wish I could be like that. Can't wait to mark that off my "To do list"!

Have a great time Sharon - enjoy yourself and don't be nervous, you're ready for this! Good luck.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I started today with Asylum Back to Core, good solid workout. It's my day off, so I'm at work catching up. I'm hopeful for long run tomorrow but may skip a week to try to get this knee feeling a little less tense. I worked on some pressure points and massage last night and it helped, hopeful to get at it again today.
  • sharonsjones
    sharonsjones Posts: 574 Member
    Options

Have a great time Sharon - enjoy yourself and don't be nervous, you're ready for this! Good luck.

Thank you!
  • skemery
    skemery Posts: 100
    Options
    I planned to try to run 5 miles today to make up for yesterday. Instead, I got 9 glorious hours of sleep between my 2 12-hour night shifts. I guess this is a rest day for me.
  • bjbixler
    bjbixler Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I planned to try to run 5 miles today to make up for yesterday. Instead, I got 9 glorious hours of sleep between my 2 12-hour night shifts. I guess this is a rest day for me.

I usually work 10 hour shifts, but on weekends they are 12! I find it hard to run on my work weekends, so extra props to you if you can get them in!
  • chefdan
    chefdan Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    My head said "lets run 5 miles" & my legs said "nuh-uh" so we compromised and cross-trained on the bike, including a Tabata session and lifted upper body. We're both satisfied.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Had a really rough two mile run today along with an injury scare. One of my knees (typically the stronger of the two) went out which caused me to twist my ankle while I was walking. I walked it off, and it only stung for a few minutes, and I proceeded with my run a little bit after. A nice knee massage and some ice helped. Hopefully I feel 100% in the morning for my race, but I'm going to take it easy and not push it if I hurt during it.
  • CouleeRunner
    CouleeRunner Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Hello all! Got 9K in this morning...after being sick and out of commission for a while, this felt great!