Introduction

Options
12346»

Replies

• crhaws
    crhaws Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!
    My name is Colleen. I am 42 and have a 2 year old son. Excited to have found this group. I don't have a lot to lose, but love the support and hearing everyone's sucess stories!
    Trying to get back on track from the holidays and struggling a bit. Afraid to weigh in, but I know I need to give in and just do it!

Hello! Starting back again after being pregnant/losing baby at 24 weeks. Been a tough road, and have not lost baby weight, which is hard to deal with. Trying to get motivated to lose, exercise and get back to "normal" again!
  • xxsolo001xx
    Options
    Hello, my name is Shannon, I am 43 and 152lbs 5ft 4. I have a 2 1/2 year old and work full time, go to school and am currently working on my hours for MFT Internship. I have a full schedule, no time to plan meals really, and any extra time that I do have, I cannot get motivated to work out.
  • kward0222
    kward0222 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone. I am 43 and a Mom of two beautiful kids, 8 and 7. I have a wonderful husband and I work full time. I have been struggling with my weight since I was a child. In my teens through my 20's, I have tried every diet imaginable, just to stay thin. I am a bigger person, so even when I was thin, I was never little. I was married in my 30's, and with the worries of working, taking care of my home, my husband and then my kids, I turned into this middle aged fat woman. It really hit home in 2012, when a young man crossed the center line and hit me head on. I am lucky to be here. I now have a hardware store in my legs and my weight is not helping matters. Now that I am walking again and back to taking care of everyone and everything, I am taking time to take care of me. I went to a doctor to do this right. I was put on a 1200 calorie diet and if it's good, I can't eat it. But, I am staying positive and motivated. I have a goal of losing enough weight to make basic exercise less painful, then I can build muscle and get healthy. I want to be able to set an example for my kids. I also want to fit into the seats of rollercoasters so I can ride them with my daughter. She LOVES them..... I am glad that I found this group. Thanks.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Oh my, 1200 is ridiculously low!!! I am 5'2" and could never live on that. Your body is machine and must be fueled properly. My diary is open, feel free to look at it. You will see that I normally eat 1800-2000 calories a day!
  • kward0222
    kward0222 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank You, I will.
  • dnhousewife
    Options
    Hi there,

I am 42 and the mother of an 11 yo, 8 yo, and 2 yo. lost about 40 pounds about a year ago. Then something terrible happened that shook my world, and I can honestly say that I am still not over it. I haven't worked out a day since and now I am the heaviest I have ever been. I really don't know how I am going to get back on track. I have the normal obstacles such as time, money and resources working against me, but now I am lacking desire and motivation. I could really use some friends as I cant work out with the friends I have since my work schedule changed. They really helped me lose the weight the first time, and I am convinced that not being with them is what has held me back. You can add me as a friends if you wish. I would like to be yours.
  • JeSuisPrest
    Options
    Hi there,

I am 42 and the mother of an 11 yo, 8 yo, and 2 yo. lost about 40 pounds about a year ago. Then something terrible happened that shook my world, and I can honestly say that I am still not over it. I haven't worked out a day since and now I am the heaviest I have ever been. I really don't know how I am going to get back on track. I have the normal obstacles such as time, money and resources working against me, but now I am lacking desire and motivation. I could really use some friends as I cant work out with the friends I have since my work schedule changed. They really helped me lose the weight the first time, and I am convinced that not being with them is what has held me back. You can add me as a friends if you wish. I would like to be yours.

So sorry to heat that your world was turned upside down. But please know, no matter what, you do have control over what you eat and how you treat yourself. Start by making one healthy and positive change, like logging every day everything you eat. Then from there, start exercising, even if it's just a short walk and log that too. From there you can make other changes, but first you must start. Make permanent lifestyle changes, do not look at this as a diet. Diets are temporary and do not work. Take a look at my profile, it is open. If you think maybe I can help you, then send me a friend request and a note about this post. But please read my profile first, I don't sugar coat things. ;)
  • Shaynelle
    Shaynelle Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I am a 44 year old Mom of one 6 year old. I am happily married, living near Ottawa, Canada. Lately I've really noticed myself age - I look like I am well into my 50's. I'm sure the excess weight has a lot to do with it, but I can't seem to get motivated.

A huge problem I have is that I suffer from Ulcerative Colitis, and it flares up while I'm walking - and I like to walk outdoors... so you can see my problem. There has been a few times I haven't made it to a toilet and it's so embarrassing I stopped exercising and gained a lot of weight. I also had a tragic loss a few years ago and I simply gave up on happiness for a while - I'm back and wanting to be happy again, but somehow still need a kick-start to get my butt in gear.

I hope we can keep in touch and encourage each other. If there's anyone in the group who suffers from UC or Crohn's I'd really love to talk with you about exercising.
  • mkcmurphy
    mkcmurphy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I am a 44 year old Mom of one 6 year old. I am happily married, living near Ottawa, Canada. Lately I've really noticed myself age - I look like I am well into my 50's. I'm sure the excess weight has a lot to do with it, but I can't seem to get motivated.

A huge problem I have is that I suffer from Ulcerative Colitis, and it flares up while I'm walking - and I like to walk outdoors... so you can see my problem. There has been a few times I haven't made it to a toilet and it's so embarrassing I stopped exercising and gained a lot of weight. I also had a tragic loss a few years ago and I simply gave up on happiness for a while - I'm back and wanting to be happy again, but somehow still need a kick-start to get my butt in gear.

I hope we can keep in touch and encourage each other. If there's anyone in the group who suffers from UC or Crohn's I'd really love to talk with you about exercising.

Welcome!

There is an UC board that I also belong to, as well, but, like this one, can be a little slow. The info there might be helpful, though. MY UC is mild, but I'd be happy to share ideas if you'd like! Give me a shout when you can.

• JeSuisPrest
    Options
    Welcome new ladies!! I highly recommend you eat clean!! I created this group before I returned to full time work, so I apologize for not being here much. Please feel free to friend to send me a friend request, but be sure to mention you saw me here!!
  • Wolfjam13
    Wolfjam13 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am a 44 year old Mom of a 10 and 7 year old girls. I used to be a gym rat and loved working out daily. I changed jobs and started working nights. This really messed up my schedules all around. Days I did not workout I averaged 5 hours of sleep. Days I did work out averaged 3.5 hours of sleep. Needless to say, workouts became less frequent. I am finally off the night schedule, but we also moved to a small farm and there is NO gym nearby. I've had to make due and also joined DailyBurn so I can at least get some kind of workout done. Looking for support for those of us struggling to get back on the boat.
  • jmcdonald2011
    jmcdonald2011 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    I hope I can jump in here 3 mths early. but I don't quite feel like I fit in a 30 something group when I am going to be 40 in October.

I am Jan, a mom to 5. 3 born to me and 2 step daughters. they range in age from 5-16. before I had my first I was just over 100lbs and could eat whatever I wanted. after becoming a mom all that changed. I topped out at about 220 and lost a bit slowly over the years. I have now lost 16 with MFP - it was 18 but I went a little nuts last weekend. I am hoping to get down to 150 I would be happy with that- anything else would be gravy.

I almost completely gave up bread about 2mths ago. I still eat carbs, just barely any bread. apparently my body doesn't like bread :( I try and walk 5k 3x a week. on the other nights I bartend.

I hope that this group is still active - I like the group thing. it keeps me motivated