Question for you PNWers

Options
2»

Replies

• TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I have a ful gym in my home. Machines, free weights and an elliptical and recumbent bike. I still like to walk at lunch and on the weekends. I just bundle up. I will walk unless there is ice on the ground or we are having Ark-worthy rains.
  • theoglick
    Options
    It's tough to get out when it's cold/wet/dark, but whenever I do, (and I hope this doesn't sound too corny), I feel like a warrior, and that motivates me to get it done. It's not comfortable to be wet and cold, but it only hurts for the first mile or two, and then everything's fine and the endorphins start to kick in.

A favorite quote of mine: "Today I shall do what others wont, so that tomorrow I can do what others can't."

I have a great Black Diamond LED headlamp and I use that for running in the dark. I hit the trails at least once or twice a week and try to ignore the weather and darkness. It can be a little creepy out in the woods at night, but it's also solitary and beautiful--nighttime brings its own special kind of beauty to nature. I love it.

So in short, just getting started in the face of temporary discomfort is the hard part. Once you're out there and warmed up, all is good.
  • Bucifan202
    Options
    I work out when i get home and next week im going to start another round of P90x. If any one wants to add me feel free to im bucifan202 you can add my wife she is tcrp1982
  • mrskesler
    mrskesler Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I actually enjoy being outside in the rain, as long as I'm not cold. If I'm warm, I can stay out for hours. I really like doing the Stanley Park Seawall in the rain, as it keeps most of the tourists away and is much less clogged :) Where it gets sketchy is when the temperature is close to 0, because then the back half becomes frosty, and you're going along fine and then walk straight onto some black ice. Luckily that doesn't happen too often! But I also recently invested in a treadmill for when I can't bring myself to go outside.